economy is not on a rebound, it's on a roar

Things will only get worse for Republicans. They don't believe in education and aren't qualified for anything meaningful.

well then why be so afraid to present your best example for the whole world to see??? What does your fear tell us??

You can go back through every one of my posts on this thread, as I just did, and you will not find a single instance of me giving even indirect credit to Obama. Are you questioning the existence of insider trading? You don't think at the ole boys club word did not spread just how bad the financial situation was. 'Financial fraud' is such a unpleasant term. I prefer survival of the fittest. Or at least the survival of those with a club membership. This is good for all of us as we will all be feeling the trickle any time now.

My mistake, I apologize. You have not credited Obama at all.

So we're friends again? ;)

Sure.

I still think this "recovery" sucks.

economy is not on a rebound, it's on a roar???

Please tell me more about it ....

what a load...of #$%%...:cuckoo::rolleyes:

The economy is roaring!! Oh, wait....no. It is not. This is the worst recovery in US history.

GDP%20recovery_0.jpg

We should all be applauding the shrewdness of those fine Americans for it will soon trickle down to us all.

dear, it[trickle down wealth] already has, thats why our poor would be middle class in Europe. Don't forget, France has the per capita income of Arkansas!!
Do you think trickle down welfare is better??

Slow much????

46 percent of all poor households actually own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a three-bedroom house with one-and-a-half baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.

80 percent of poor households have air conditioning. By contrast, in 1970, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.

Only six percent of poor households are overcrowded; two thirds have more than two rooms per person.

The typical poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe. (These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)

Nearly three quarters of poor households own a car; 31 percent own two or more cars.

97 percent of poor households have a color television; over half own two or more color televisions.

78 percent have a VCR or DVD player.

62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception.

89 percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and a more than a third have an automatic dishwasher.

As a group, America’s poor are far from being chronically undernourished. The average consumption of protein, vitamins, and minerals is virtually the same for poor and middle-class children and, in most cases, is well above recommended norms. Poor children actually consume more meat than do higher-income children and have average protein intakes 100-percent above recommended levels. Most poor children today are, in fact, super-nourished and grow up to be, on average, one inch taller and ten pounds heavier than the GIs who stormed the beaches of Normandy in World War II.

While the poor are generally well-nourished, some poor families do experience temporary food shortages. But, even this condition is relatively rare; 89 percent of the poor report their families have “enough” food to eat, while only two percent say they “often” do not have enough to eat.

Overall, the typical American defined as poor by the government has a car, air conditioning, a refrigerator, a stove, a clothes washer and dryer, and a microwave. He has two color televisions, cable or satellite TV reception, a VCR, or DVD player, and a stereo. He is able to obtain medical care. His home is in good repair and is not overcrowded. By his own report, his family is not hungry, and he had sufficient funds in the past year to meet his family’s essential needs. While this individual’s life is not opulent, it is far from the popular images of dire poverty conveyed by the press, liberal activists, and politicians.

Of course, the living conditions of the average poor American should not be taken as representing all of the nation’s poor: There is a wide range of living conditions among the poor. A third of “poor” households have both cell and land-line telephones. A third also telephone answering machines. At the other extreme, approximately one-tenth of families in poverty have no phone at all. Similarly, while the majority of poor households do not experience significant material problems, roughly a third do experience at least one problem such as overcrowding, temporary hunger, or difficulty getting medical care.

Much official poverty that does exist in the United States can be reduced, particularly among children. There are two main reasons that American children are poor: Their parents don’t work much, and their fathers are absent from the home.

Puppy chow? I am living large as the trickle down to me has been most generous.

I am one of the 97 percent of poor households have a color television. Although I am not one of the over half own two or more color televisions. A very nice TV it is too.
13inch_color_tv_lg.jpg

78 percent have a VCR or DVD player. A little more trickle and I can get a VCR.

62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception. Unfortunately one of 38 percent who does not.

89 percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and a more than a third have an automatic dishwasher. I own a mircowave and am lucky enough to be one of the one half who has a stereo, long live rock-n-roll. Alas two third don't have a automatic dishwasher like myself. Such luxuries would just be class envy on my part anyway.

Puppy chow? Naw, I'm livin' large.

No you don't. You love it. Almost all cons love it. Which is why repubs have worked so hard to stop it.

That makes no sense. But then again, you rarely do.
Simple. But then, not if you are stupid.

I've noticed that you haven't refuted any of my points with competing data with references. All you have done is vomit invective and dismiss entire sets of data by discarding the website of one graphic.

You're demonstrating the level of understanding you have about the economy.

The downward slope is father than any recovery since the early 80's. You could say it is as long as the slope started in 1990 but that took ten years. If you were going to match a pattern you would have to use the 1980's slope. That went down 400,000 from 700,000 to 300,000 before the upturn which went up to 500,000 before the technology revolution began. Using the insured unemployment rate from '83 to '89 the percent went from 5% to 2%. Then up to 3% and down to less than 2% by 2000. Currently that rate is at 2.5%.
saupload_weekly_unemployment_claims_thumb1.png

Insured-Unemployment-Rate-1-24-2013.png

I'll believe it's roaring when GDP is north of 4%, UE is south of 7%, and more people believe we're headed in the right direction over wrong.

Here is a DJI chart from 2000 to current.

djia2000s.png

At the peak of the dot com bubble, January 2000, the DJI reached 11,750.28.
(Arguably the DJI would have been higher if so much money was not in the NASDAQ.)
At the peak of the housing bubble, October 11, 2007, the DJIA hit an intra-day peak of 14,198.10.

On October 5th, 2012 the DJI was at 13,610.15, not the 14, 198 high but well about the dot com bubble high of 11,750. Right now the DJI is at 13,570.31. That is 628 off the all time high of the DJI. If anyone can name a bubble at the moment I would love to hear it.

If you were in the SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF with a high of 135.64 and current price of 135.50 you would only be off by 14 cents per share.

If you look at the slope of that chart someone(s) is pouring a Hell of a lot money into the market like it was a sure thing.

Without a bubble and with a slope like that the to say the U.S. economy is on a 'rebound' is the understatement of the decade.

Before you drop all of your 401k allocation into the SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF however you should wait and see if Congress fucks everything up in the next couple of months.

The stock market is not the economy.

People who try to say it is often don't know much about the market or the economy.

Forum List

Back