Economy Improving Faster Than Expected: Bad News For Republicans?

Part time jobs during Christmas. Who woulda thunk it. The left is so far out of the loop that they think Barry is responsible.

The problem is that you actually believe Barry created the problem to begin with, when in fact he had little to do with it. And between all the bickering and the nothing getting done in Washington, the economy is working through this on its own. Eventually it will get better no matter what Obama, the Dems, and the Republicans in Congress do.

A lot of conservatives said that if Obama had left things alone the economy would have recovered by now. What you just said proves the point. If Obama hadn't rammed his crap down our throats we would be in much better shape. This if a perfect example of why Obama needs to be replaced.

When half of you are saying "the economy sucks because of Obama" and the other half are saying "the economy is getting better and it has nothing to do with Obama" it's confusing.

You need to have a huddle or something and figure out which one you want to go with.

Part time jobs during Christmas. Who woulda thunk it. The left is so far out of the loop that they think Barry is responsible.

The problem is that you actually believe Barry created the problem to begin with, when in fact he had little to do with it. And between all the bickering and the nothing getting done in Washington, the economy is working through this on its own. Eventually it will get better no matter what Obama, the Dems, and the Republicans in Congress do.

Well obviously Obama's not responsible for the recession. It started - what? two years before he got elected?

Switching from "It's Obama's fault the economy sucks" to "It has nothing to do with Obama that the economy is getting better" is a good strategy, though.

It might take a few months to pull it off, so you'd better hurry.

Two years before he got elected. Huh, what happened then? Oh yeah. The dems took over the congress and started passing bills that led to the mess we are in. Then Obama doubles down when most people are saying to let the economy recover on its own. And what happens? rising unemployement that dropped a bit but then stuck at 9%. Stagnant growth. Yeah way to go Obama.
Then republican take the house and stop the madness from the dems and the economy stabilizes. But thanks to the damage done by Obama and the dems it hasn't started to actually recover. And it will now take years longer to recover than if Obama had left things alone.

A lot of conservatives said that if Obama had left things alone the economy would have recovered by now. What you just said proves the point. If Obama hadn't rammed his crap down our throats we would be in much better shape. This if a perfect example of why Obama needs to be replaced.

like what?

The stimulus helped this recovery.

When half of you are saying "the economy sucks because of Obama" and the other half are saying "the economy is getting better and it has nothing to do with Obama" it's confusing.

You need to have a huddle or something and figure out which one you want to go with.

The left is trying to say the economy is getting better becuase of Obama. We are saying it is normal holiday trend. The economy is not getting better but thanks to the republicans stopping Obamas BS it stabilized. Hopefully. I am still not sure considering the damage he had done.

Two years before he got elected. Huh, what happened then? Oh yeah. The dems took over the congress and started passing bills that led to the mess we are in.

Erm, no einstein. The housing bubble really started to deflate in 2006. Had nothing to do with the Democrats suddenly having a small majority. You fools act like they got into office and all the sudden, everything went south. This bubble had been building for the entirety of Bush's presidency. Had nothing to do w/ Obama nor the Dems.

like what?

The stimulus helped this recovery.

You do know the stimulus ran out already?

Two years before he got elected. Huh, what happened then? Oh yeah. The dems took over the congress and started passing bills that led to the mess we are in.

Erm, no einstein. The housing bubble really started to deflate in 2006. Had nothing to do with the Democrats suddenly having a small majority. You fools act like they got into office and all the sudden, everything went south. This bubble had been building for the entirety of Bush's presidency. Had nothing to do w/ Obama nor the Dems.

When did the unemployement rate start to go up?
Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Annual
2001 4.2 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.3 4.5 4.6 4.9 5.0 5.3 5.5 5.7
2002 5.7 5.7 5.7 5.9 5.8 5.8 5.8 5.7 5.7 5.7 5.9 6.0
2003 5.8 5.9 5.9 6.0 6.1 6.3 6.2 6.1 6.1 6.0 5.8 5.7
2004 5.7 5.6 5.8 5.6 5.6 5.6 5.5 5.4 5.4 5.5 5.4 5.4
2005 5.3 5.4 5.2 5.2 5.1 5.0 5.0 4.9 5.0 5.0 5.0 4.9
2006 4.7 4.8 4.7 4.7 4.6 4.6 4.7 4.7 4.5 4.4 4.5 4.4
2007 4.6 4.5 4.4 4.5 4.4 4.6 4.7 4.6 4.7 4.7 4.7 5.0
2008 5.0 4.8 5.1 4.9 5.4 5.6 5.8 6.1 6.2 6.6 6.8 7.3
2009 7.8 8.2 8.6 8.9 9.4 9.5 9.5 9.7 9.8 10.1 9.9 9.9
2010 9.7 9.7 9.7 9.8 9.6 9.5 9.5 9.6 9.6 9.7 9.8 9.4
2011 9.0 8.9 8.8 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.1 9.1 9.1 9.0

Who had control of congress then?

When did the shit start hitting the fan? 2006-2008. THAT is why unemployment went up. Please provide me with the legislation that Dems passed the minute they got into office that suddeny cost millions of people their jobs. I'll wait.

The Republicans/Tea Party are diligently looking for ways to prolong the agony and undermine any sign of an economic recovery for 1 more year, in the hopes that they will be the ones who can take credit for it.

Economy Improving Faster Than Expected: Bad News For Republicans?
Strengthening the SEC would be icing-on-the-cake!!!!!​

"Schapiro requested two changes to that method. She said the SEC should have the ability to impose a penalty that is three times the amount of ill-gotten gains.

She also said the SEC should have the flexibility to base the fines on losses suffered by investors.

Schapiro said in her letter she also wants the ability to enhance penalties for repeat offenders."

:woohoo:

Last edited:
When did the shit start hitting the fan? 2006-2008. THAT is why unemployment went up. Please provide me with the legislation that Dems passed the minute they got into office that suddeny cost millions of people their jobs. I'll wait.
Didn't happen......and, President Obama rubbed Republicans' collective-NOSES IN IT!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y04g6OPLnQ]Obama Dismantles Republican Caucus Part 1 of 7 - YouTube[/ame]

529.gif

And then you assholes did the debt ceiling stunt which crushed the economy for months CF

Yeah, gotta love that one.

You are the asshole for putting up this post. You are also a moron (but that was before the post and will likely continue).

This was supposed to be about "good news". One month does not make a trend. Let's hope it stays that way. It will, of course, serve President Obama well. But, I'd rather see people working than him on a garbage truck back to Chicago along with his slumlord advisors.

So we will wait and see.

As a Republican, I am not at all worried about he fundamentals. I know they are bad and President Obama is making them worse.

But you keep posting.....asshole.

So, if we are assuming that legislation is related to jobs...and not just econcomic cycles....we can scrap macroeconomics altogether.

To be sure those wars the dems were against (after they were for them) did not help anything.

Yeah just think if he could have been able to impliment more stimulus rather than being forced to give the wealthy more tax breaks./

Just think if the right had not pushed back the recovery with the debt ceiling stunt

You are posting in your sleep again.

And most likely drooling.

Having Central Banks Print Piles of Currency does not mean "The Economy is Improving Faster Than Expected." The need to print money means the Exact Opposite. - Dumb-Ass!!!

fredgraph.png

So, if we are assuming that legislation is related to jobs...and not just econcomic cycles....we can scrap macroeconomics altogether.

To be sure those wars the dems were against (after they were for them) did not help anything.

Actually, my point was to prove that the legislation in 2008 passed by Dems (what COULD get passed w/out a Bush veto, that is) did NOT have anything to do w/unemployment numbers... it was the imploding economy. The financial, mortgage and construction industries were shedding jobs left and right in 2008 - you know, when the corrupt banks like Lehman Bros. went belly-up?

I don't know about the Dems, but most people who were against the wars were against them from the very beginning - and still are. Remember the anti-war protests going on everywhere, especially before the clusterf*ck that is Iraq? I was there, and have never wavered in my anti-war stance. Also, I do believe that the Bush admin. lied to congress and cooked intelligence in order to get Iraq going, which is why Dems went along with it. And I do believe they invaded solely to enrich their crony defense contractor buddies and to set up a free market zone for them in the middle east.

Forum List

Back