Ecclesiastes 10:2: God is a Right winger

So is God contradicting God when he tells his followers to help the weak and poor, for the wealthy to give up all their wealth to the poor and to protect God's Earth (environment)? The reason I asks this is because God's direction to man regarding these matters goes against the Right's agenda.

There is nowhere you can tell me that God directed us to give everything away to support 'the poor'... jackass. That would make everybody poor :cuckoo:

John 12:8

You will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me.

Deuteronomy 15:11
There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land.

How ya going to help them if you 'give up all their wealth to the poor and to protect God's Earth'? :confused:

So is God contradicting God when he tells his followers to help the weak and poor, for the wealthy to give up all their wealth to the poor and to protect God's Earth (environment)? The reason I asks this is because God's direction to man regarding these matters goes against the Right's agenda.

There is nowhere you can tell me that God directed us to give everything away to support 'the poor'... jackass. That would make everybody poor :cuckoo:

There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land.

How ya going to help them if you 'give up all their wealth to the poor and to protect God's Earth'? :confused:

Some poor are just lazy God did not say to help lazy people.

Psalm 16:11 You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Psalms 137: 9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
Is talking about people who murder being happy

Let's keep it in context

Psalm 137

1By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.

2We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.

3For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.

4How shall we sing the LORD's song in a strange land?

5If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.

6If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.

7Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof.

8O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.

9Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
And the "happily murdering people" are God's chosen people taking revenge by killing little children.

Where exactly does God say to sit in judgment of the worthiness of the least of his brethren?

Matthew 25: 34* Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35* For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36* Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37* Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40* And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

1. We can't deny that there are folks who are not lazy, yet fail to make use of America's opportunity....

a. First, are the neutral factors of circumstance: someone born deaf is unlikely to become a musician. Physical or mental handicaps beyond one’s control reduce the chance of using opportunities which may be available in society.

b. Cultural values, inherited socially rather than biologically, may also reduce the statistical probability of advancing, even when opportunity is available. Goals and priorities influence success: one raised in a home where physical prowess is valued over intellectual prowess dictate part of the calculation.

2. Our friends at the NYTimes have decided that equality of results should be a goal of society, merit itself, is oppressive:
“A paradox lies at the heart of this new American meritocracy. Merit has replaced the old system of inherited privilege, in which parents to the manner born handed down the manor to their children. But merit, it turns out, is at least partly class-based. Parents with money, education and connections cultivate in their children the habits that the meritocracy rewards. When their children then succeed, their success is seen as earned… In place of the old system, Dr. Wanner said, have arisen "new ways of transmitting advantage that are beginning to assert themselves."” Shadowy Lines That Still Divide - New York Times

a. This represents a certain sleight of hand used in many a polemic: failure to make a distinction between external impediments to advancement, and internal differences which are in no way related to society. Studies which merely give conclusion about success or failure are useless in that they don’t reveal whether limitations were due to external barriers, or internal orientations.

3. Blaming either society, or laziness, it seems, is the default setting for explaining differences in social and economic mobility, and this, by itself, is less than satisfactory. It is a way of shifting attention away from using opportunities that are available.

Chapter five of Sowell's "Economic Facts and Fallacies" covers the subject well.

Dennis Miller agrees with your post: "I'd help the helpless, not the clueless."

Where exactly does God say to sit in judgment of the worthiness of the least of his brethren?

Matthew 25: 34* Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35* For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36* Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37* Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
40* And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Even while we were with you, we gave you this command: "Those unwilling to work will not get to eat."

God never said to provide for lazy people.

Psalms 137: 9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Let's keep it in context

Psalm 137

1By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.

3For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.

6If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.

7Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof.

8O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.

And the "happily murdering people" are God's chosen people taking revenge by killing little children.

YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT. That chapter is talking about the fall of Jerusalem

Even while we were with you, we gave you this command: "Those unwilling to work will not get to eat."
And now the rest of the story.

2 Thessalonians 3:6* ¶ Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.
7* For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;
8* Neither did we eat any man’s bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:
9* Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.
10* For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
11* For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
12* Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.
13* But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.
14* And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
15* Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

2 Thessalonians 3:6* ¶ Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.
7* For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;
8* Neither did we eat any man’s bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:
9* Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.
10* For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
11* For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
12* Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.
14* And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
No where in the bible does it say to provide for lazy people.
As a matter of fact God equals lazy people to murderers
It's one of the seven deadly sins

Sloth (deadly sin)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sloth_(deadly_sin)

Let's keep it in context

Psalm 137

No, it talks about REVENGE for being held captive in Babylon and forced to sing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-5E6_qtXAw]MELODIANS "RIVERS OF BABYLON" PSALM 137:1 - YouTube[/ame]

No, it talks about REVENGE for being held captive in Babylon and forced to sing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-5E6_qtXAw]MELODIANS "RIVERS OF BABYLON" PSALM 137:1 - YouTube[/ame]

Which was the fall of Jerusalem you fucking moron.

Sloth (deadly sin)
Luke 12:22-31 [22] Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. [23] Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. [24] Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!

Sloth (deadly sin)
Luke 12:22-31 [22] Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. [23] Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. [24] Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!
No where does it say to provide for the lazy.

Mark 10:21 — “Jesus looked at him and loved him. ‘One thing you lack,’ he said. ‘Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.

Sooo, now are you going to make up for the Negging me?

Which was the fall of Jerusalem you fucking moron.
The rationalization for REVENGE.
It's talking about the conqurr'ers killing the children of Israel
Learn to read, it's about God's chosen people taking REVENGE on their Babylonian conquerers by killing their little children.

Psalm 137

Mark 10:21 — “Jesus looked at him and loved him. ‘One thing you lack,’ he said. ‘Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.

Sooo, now are you going to make up for the Negging me?

Oh and I found another one!!!

Luke 12:15-17a, 19b-21, 33 — “Then he said to them, ‘Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.’ And he told them this parable: ‘The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. He thought to himself, ... “ have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.” But God said to him, “You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you.” This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God. ... Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. ...’ ”

I can hardly wait for all those positive reps from you Infidel! :lol:

Forum List

Back