Ecclesiastes 10:2: God is a Right winger

There is nowhere you can tell me that God directed us to give everything away to support 'the poor'... jackass. That would make everybody poor :cuckoo:

John 12:8

You will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me.

Deuteronomy 15:11
There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land.

How ya going to help them if you 'give up all their wealth to the poor and to protect God's Earth'? :confused:

Mark 10:21 — “Jesus looked at him and loved him. ‘One thing you lack,’ he said. ‘Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.

Sooo, now are you going to make up for the Negging me?

Oh and I found another one!!!

Luke 12:15-17a, 19b-21, 33 — “Then he said to them, ‘Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.’ And he told them this parable: ‘The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. He thought to himself, ... “ have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.” But God said to him, “You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you.” This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God. ... Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. ...’ ”

I can hardly wait for all those positive reps from you Infidel! :lol:

There's a big difference between giving to the poor, and taking money from others to give to a big government with the intentions of giving it the poor.

No where in the bible does it say to provide for lazy people.
As a matter of fact God equals lazy people to murderers
It's one of the seven deadly sins

Sloth (deadly sin)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sloth_(deadly_sin)
Luke 12:22-31 [22] Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. [23] Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. [24] Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!
No where does it say to provide for the lazy.
Yet the bible says God feeds the lazy ravens!!!

So is God contradicting God when he tells his followers to help the weak and poor, for the wealthy to give up all their wealth to the poor and to protect God's Earth (environment)? The reason I asks this is because God's direction to man regarding these matters goes against the Right's agenda.

No you are attempting to contradict God.

Bible Verses and Quotes: Money and the Poor
Money and the Poor Quotations and Bible Passages at Christian Wisdom

Bible Verses About Protecting the Environment

Bible Verses About the Environment - Bible Verses - Environment

I have no problem with people choosing to minister to the lazy, to the mentally ill, to the addicted.

But those passages in no way support governmental compulsion of such acts.

Where exactly does God say to sit in judgment of the worthiness of the least of his brethren?

Matthew 25: 34* Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35* For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36* Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37* Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40* And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Even while we were with you, we gave you this command: "Those unwilling to work will not get to eat."
And now the rest of the story.

2 Thessalonians 3:6* ¶ Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.
7* For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;
8* Neither did we eat any man’s bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:
9* Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.
10* For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
11* For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
12* Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.
13* But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.
14* And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
15* Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

Neither did we eat any man’s bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:

I'm still laughing that we have a thread this long based on an OP which claims God is a right-winger based on that passage. Priceless! :lol:

How anyone can make serious comments in a thread started like this is beyond me. :tongue:

I have no problem with people choosing to minister to the lazy, to the mentally ill, to the addicted.

But those passages in no way support governmental compulsion of such acts.

:clap2:

Libs don't seem to comprehend the idea of charity.

No, they don't. They think charity begins in someone else's home.

Amen!

And, sure enough, we have a demonstration form the Liberal-in-Chief, the man whose own brother lives in a shack in Africa...

"Obama and his wife, Michelle, earned $181,507 to $272,758 each year from 1998-2004.

From 1998-2004, they gave between $1,050-$3,400 each year.

Up until recent years when their income increased sharply from book revenues and a Senate salary, Obama's family donated a relatively minor amount of its earnings to charity. From 2000 through 2004, the senator and his wife never gave more than $3,500 a year in charitable donations -- about 1 percent of their annual earnings.(Sam Stein Huffington Post)
http://patterico.com/2008/10/31/oba...-dont-want-to-spread-their-own-wealth-around/

Biden, a fraction of that.

A model for all other liberals, I guess.

Mark 10:21 — “Jesus looked at him and loved him. ‘One thing you lack,’ he said. ‘Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.

Sooo, now are you going to make up for the Negging me?

Luke 12:15-17a, 19b-21, 33 — “Then he said to them, ‘Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.’ And he told them this parable: ‘The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. He thought to himself, ... “ have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.” But God said to him, “You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you.” This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God. ... Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. ...’ ”

There's a big difference between giving to the poor, and taking money from others to give to a big government with the intentions of giving it the poor.

Oh, you mean like all those tax loops holes the average American can't use but the wealthy can use?

I'm still laughing that we have a thread this long based on an OP which claims God is a right-winger based on that passage. Priceless! :lol:

How anyone can make serious comments in a thread started like this is beyond me. :tongue:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Oh, you mean like all those tax loops holes the average American can't use but the wealthy can use?

"Wealthy"???

"Average Americans"???

What the heck happened to "no labels" you fraud???

"Wealthy"???

"Average Americans"???

And you somehow thought no labels meant something?:lol:

"Wealthy"???

"Average Americans"???

And you somehow thought no labels meant something?:lol:

Seems that it turns out to be impossible for some folks to live up to what they claim to live for....

....oops...sorry to end a sentence with a preposition.

"that for which they live"? Is that better?

Sometimes the grammar just has to take a back seat to accomodate the message.

"that for which they live"? Is that better?

Sometimes the grammar just has to take a back seat to accomodate the message.

After an overzealous editor attempted to rearrange one of Winston Churchill's sentences to avoid ending it in a preposition, the Prime Minister scribbled a single sentence in reply:
"This is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put."

Forum List

Back