Ecclesiastes 10:2: God is a Right winger

I know, grammar has taken a big hit since the dawn of the internet. It's taking bigger hits (and spelling as well) since the advnt of txtng.....

So is God contradicting God when he tells his followers to help the weak and poor, for the wealthy to give up all their wealth to the poor and to protect God's Earth (environment)? The reason I asks this is because God's direction to man regarding these matters goes against the Right's agenda.

There is nowhere you can tell me that God directed us to give everything away to support 'the poor'... jackass. That would make everybody poor :cuckoo:

John 12:8

You will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me.

Deuteronomy 15:11
There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land.

How ya going to help them if you 'give up all their wealth to the poor and to protect God's Earth'? :confused:

Mark 10:21 — “Jesus looked at him and loved him. ‘One thing you lack,’ he said. ‘Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.

Sooo, now are you going to make up for the Negging me?

Context.... He (Jesus) knew the man wouldnt do it.
The rich man wanted to know how he could 'inherit eternal life'.

21Jesus, looking at him, loved him and said, ‘You lack one thing; go, sell what you own, and give the money* to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me.’ 22When he heard this, he was shocked and went away grieving, for he had many possessions.

23 Then Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, ‘How hard it will be for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!’ 24And the disciples were perplexed at these words. But Jesus said to them again, ‘Children, how hard it is* to enter the kingdom of God! 25It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.’ 26They were greatly astounded and said to one another,* ‘Then who can be saved?’ 27Jesus looked at them and said, ‘For mortals it is impossible, but not for God; for God all things are possible.’

Jesus did not want people to be mislead that only rich people have a problem being saved. Jesus wanted the disciples to know human effort cant bring a person into the kingdom of God.

Anyone can say they are a christian, but to actually live the life... Thats another story all together.... Unless these actions are rooted in a much deeper change of heart, they are useless.

Context Kiwi... context.

Oh and I found another one!!!

Luke 12:15-17a, 19b-21, 33 — “Then he said to them, ‘Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.’ And he told them this parable: ‘The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. He thought to himself, ... “ have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.” But God said to him, “You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you.” This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God. ... Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. ...’ ”

I can hardly wait for all those positive reps from you Infidel! :lol:

There's a big difference between giving to the poor, and taking money from others to give to a big government with the intentions of giving it the poor.

Oh, you mean like all those tax loops holes the average American can't use but the wealthy can use?

9-9-9
:cool:

There's a big difference between giving to the poor, and taking money from others to give to a big government with the intentions of giving it the poor.

Oh, you mean like all those tax loops holes the average American can't use but the wealthy can use?

"Wealthy"???

"Average Americans"???

What the heck happened to "no labels" you fraud???

Let me explain something to you. I have no political labels! Anyone with any kind of morals and sense of pride in America, the greatest country ever, would be troubled by severe economic inequality of this country's largest segment of population, working Americans.
So according to you, it's inappropriate to bring up something that is a fact because you don't like it?:eusa_hand:

Last edited:

"Wealthy"???

"Average Americans"???

Let me explain something to you. I have no political labels! Anyone with any kind of morals and sense of pride in America, the greatest country ever, would be troubled by severe economic inequality of this country's largest segment of population, working Americans.
So according to you, it's inappropriate to bring up something that is a fact because you don't like it?:eusa_hand:

Social justice and wealth redistribution never works.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

:eusa_pray:
There is nowhere you can tell me that God directed us to give everything away to support 'the poor'... jackass. That would make everybody poor :cuckoo:

John 12:8

You will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me.

Deuteronomy 15:11
There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land.

How ya going to help them if you 'give up all their wealth to the poor and to protect God's Earth'? :confused:

Mark 10:21 — “Jesus looked at him and loved him. ‘One thing you lack,’ he said. ‘Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.

Context.... He (Jesus) knew the man wouldn't do it.

21Jesus, looking at him, loved him and said, ‘You lack one thing; go, sell what you own, and give the money* to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me.’ 22When he heard this, he was shocked and went away grieving, for he had many possessions.

23 Then Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, ‘How hard it will be for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!’ 24And the disciples were perplexed at these words. But Jesus said to them again, ‘Children, how hard it is* to enter the kingdom of God! 25It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.’ 26They were greatly astounded and said to one another,* ‘Then who can be saved?’ 27Jesus looked at them and said, ‘For mortals it is impossible, but not for God; for God all things are possible.’

Jesus did not want people to be mislead that only rich people have a problem being saved. Jesus wanted the disciples to know human effort cant bring a person into the kingdom of God.

Anyone can say they are a Christian, but to actually live the life... Thats another story all together.... Unless these actions are rooted in a much deeper change of heart, they are useless.

Context Kiwi... context.

If one believes in God and lives their life for God, all things are possible. (Like positive repping me for proving what I had posted, is actually in the Bible,,at least twice! Infidel, you shouldn't be so fast at giving out Negs, particularly when the post is accurate.:cool:
"Now redeem yourself and I will forgive you saith the Kiwiman"!

Anyone can say they are a Christian, but to actually live the life... Thats another story all together.... Unless these actions are rooted in a much deeper change of heart, they are useless.

Context Kiwi... context.

If one believes in God and lives their life for God, all things are possible. (Like positive repping me for proving what I had posted, is actually in the Bible,,at least twice! Infidel, you shouldn't be so fast at giving out Negs, particularly when the post is accurate.:cool:

Did Jesus really mean to sale all he had? Did God mean for Abraham to kill his son for God? It was all a test to see if you will do as God says.

Context Kiwi... context.

Did I actually say it wasnt in the Bilbe?
If I did that I am sorry... I shuld have said it was out of context. Jesus didnt want the man to give away everything he had. He was illustrating to the man the works alone wont do it.

James 2:14-26

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?[c] 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”[d] And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. 25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Its all about context my friend, but I will rep you as soon as I can muster it up... you are a good sport, and you make me feel bad for my careless neg rep. :redface:

"Wealthy"???

"Average Americans"???

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Wealth redistribution never works? Tell that to the uber wealthy who's wealth has grown, while everyone else is spinning their wheels going nowhere or backwards. Social Justice never works? Tell that to the historians who will tell you that civil rights has worked to the benefit of America!

"Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime", that applies when there are fish to feed all those who are fishing. That's like telling someone to apply for a job and they will have a job, problem is there are over four applicants available for every job.

I'll leave you with these deep thoughts as I'm cooking dinner for my wife for Valentines Day. :eusa_angel:

Context Kiwi... context.

Did I actually say it wasnt in the Bilbe?
If I did that I am sorry... I shuld have said it was out of context. Jesus didnt want the man to give away everything he had. He was illustrating to the man the works alone wont do it.

James 2:14-26

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?[c] 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”[d] And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. 25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Its all about context my friend, but I will rep you as soon as I can muster it up... you are a good sport, and you make me feel bad for my careless neg rep. :redface:

OK Infidel, I shall forgive you and go in peace my broher, go in peace!
After all, we are just,,,,,,,,[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR5ApYxkU-U]Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (HQ) - YouTube[/ame]

Wealth redistribution never works? Tell that to the uber wealthy who's wealth has grown, while everyone else is spinning their wheels going nowhere or backwards. Social Justice never works? Tell that to the historians who will tell you that civil rights has worked to the benefit of America!

"Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime", that applies when there are fish to feed all those who are fishing. That's like telling someone to apply for a job and they will have a job, problem is there are over four applicants available for every job.

I'll leave you with these deep thoughts as I'm cooking dinner for my wife for Valentines Day. :eusa_angel:

Damn dude... your are batting 0 for 3...

Look at what you are saying man.

All the ills you listed are the result of the gov't and their overbearing tax laws that are unfair to those of us who cant afford the high priced tax lawyers.
Folks are out of work and unable to earn an honest living because there are so many bad men running our gov't.
If they would step off of our collective throats for a while maybe, just maybe we can pull through this...

The gov't is not the one we need to be running to right now my friend.

Discuss

Ecclesiastes 10:2

A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but the foolish man's heart directs him toward the left.

Psalm 16:11 You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Psalms 137: 9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
Nothing like taking something out of context is there!!!

Psalm 16:11 You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Psalms 137: 9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
Nothing like taking something out of context is there!!!
The context is killing little children for the pure pleasure of revenge, a common bible theme.

1Sa 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Is 13: 15 Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.
16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

De 2:34 And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:

De 3:6 And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Heshbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city.

Ez 9: 5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women...

Hosea 13: 16 Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

Discuss

Ecclesiastes 10:2

A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but the foolish man's heart directs him toward the left.

It is written, therefore it is true and good.

So is God contradicting God when he tells his followers to help the weak and poor, for the wealthy to give up all their wealth to the poor and to protect God's Earth (environment)? The reason I asks this is because God's direction to man regarding these matters goes against the Right's agenda.

No. It contradicts the leftists lie about the right's agenda.

Big difference. One is reality, the other is propaganda.

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
Is talking about people who murder being happy

Let's keep it in context

Psalm 137

1By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.

2We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.

3For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.

4How shall we sing the LORD's song in a strange land?

5If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.

6If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.

7Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof.

8O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.

9Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
And the "happily murdering people" are God's chosen people taking revenge by killing little children.

Actually, no. That would be the Persians who destroyed the Babylonian Empire.

"Wealthy"???

"Average Americans"???

Same thing goes with Fire. Build a man a fire, he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his very short life.

Forum List

Back