EBT glitch means shopping spree!

A comment from the link:

Those people better get ready to make those groceries last. Think about it folks Walmart isn't giving anything away, Think about it, if you try to leave Walmart carrying a steak without paying for it they will have you arrested. The only reason Walmart let these people continue to shop is because the EBT cards were authorizing the payments and debiting those accounts. The glitch was that the balance was not updating during the transactions. A couple hours later when the balances began updating again, guess what? All those people who thought they got away with hundreds of dollars of free food found that they have a huge negative balance on their EBT cards. That means they will not be able make purchase with their EBT cards again until they have a positive balance. So if you have a $500 negative balance and you get $250 a month in food stamps it will take 2 months to pay off your negative balance.

Is this correct? If so, those greedy ebt folks will be personally introduced to karma.

The problem is some people will whine that they are being punished, and the government will quietly increase thier caps to give them thier minimum monthly value.

Who took advantage? The people with EBT cards who went on a spending spree with unlimited government funds, or Walmart who knew what was happening and that the government would have to pay off?

the peopple with the EBT cards. They knew there should be a limt on them, yet they decided to take advantage of the situation. Walmart, more than likely figured they couldn't stop it or rioting could ensue.
Personally? I think those that took advantage of it, knowing what their traditional limit was, should be charged and jailed, and have their benefits taken away.

it quite possibly may be criminal

The amount decides whether it is a felony or a misdemeanor. But it is theft. A person who typically gets $400/month, knows they can't buy $1,000 worth of stuff.

A comment from the link:

Those people better get ready to make those groceries last. Think about it folks Walmart isn't giving anything away, Think about it, if you try to leave Walmart carrying a steak without paying for it they will have you arrested. The only reason Walmart let these people continue to shop is because the EBT cards were authorizing the payments and debiting those accounts. The glitch was that the balance was not updating during the transactions. A couple hours later when the balances began updating again, guess what? All those people who thought they got away with hundreds of dollars of free food found that they have a huge negative balance on their EBT cards. That means they will not be able make purchase with their EBT cards again until they have a positive balance. So if you have a $500 negative balance and you get $250 a month in food stamps it will take 2 months to pay off your negative balance.

Is this correct? If so, those greedy ebt folks will be personally introduced to karma.

The government will not hold them to that. WE will have to pay for this shit. I have to wonder if it was allowing purchases like cigarettes and beer.

Last edited:
One thing this shopping spree proved is that demand soars when the poor have money to spend. Most of those EBT shoppers are employed at real jobs. They are just extremely underpaid & dependent on tax payers.

The karma is more in the direction of Gee, Walmart; maybe if you paid your workers a living wage, they wouldn't have to supplement with welfare?

We taxpayers pay so Walmart doesn't have to.

Considering that Wal Mart knew they were going over their limits, I think that the payment should be absorbed by the store who knew what was happening, because they were the ones who stood to make the most money.

Shut down the cards for this month, but every dollar over spent by those on the program should be absorbed by the very store that allowed it.

Sorry, but Wal Mart is the ones who should pay for this debacle, especially because they knew it was happening.

The karma is more in the direction of Gee, Walmart; maybe if you paid your workers a living wage, they wouldn't have to supplement with welfare?

Gee, I doubt that had anything to do with it. Screw karma.

We taxpayers pay so these people on foodstamps don't have to. Got it?

Yanno.....................I hope that Karma finds you quite quickly.

And..................I hope that you are rewarded for your posts.

BTW....................Karma can be a bit on the wild side, hope that you're prepared for it.

BTW....................Karma can be a bit on the wild side, hope that you're prepared for it.

What was that supposed to be? A temper tantrum?

I believe "karma" as you call it, paid all of you liberals a visit after lying to millions upon millions of people about "fundamentally transforming" this nation. Instilling false hope in someone is detestable.

Last edited:

I believe "karma" as you call it paid all of you liberals a visit after lying to millions upon millions of people about "fundamentally transforming" this nation. Instilling false hope in someone is detestable.

Nope..................actually, what I call "Karma" is me hoping that the energy you send out to the world is returned to you tenfold, and I hope that you learn something from it.

I also hope you survive, because it's a dangerous road you're walking.

I believe "karma" as you call it paid all of you liberals a visit after lying to millions upon millions of people about "fundamentally transforming" this nation. Instilling false hope in someone is detestable.

Nope..................actually, what I call "Karma" is me hoping that the energy you send out to the world is returned to you tenfold, and I hope that you learn something from it.

Are you threatening me?

And actually, I rely on the grace and mercy of God Almighty, not your karma. God's will trumps your karma. I walk the road with my Lord Jesus Christ, wielding the Armor of God.

Keep melting down, liberal.

Are you threatening me?

And actually, I rely on the grace and mercy of God Almighty, not your karma. God's will trumps your karma. I walk the road with my Lord Jesus Christ, wielding the Armor of God.

Nope................not threatening, just telling you what may happen.

And yeah............................go ahead and rely on the grace of God and Jesus, but hate to tell you that they both work on the principles that Karma lays down.

And....................sorry to tell you, but because God and Jesus both follow the laws of Karma (because it was God that laid them down first) your Armor is kinda useless.

But.................keep trying if it helps you feel better...................

Are you threatening me?

And yeah............................go ahead and rely on the grace of God and Jesus, but hate to tell you that they both work on the principles that Karma lays down.

And....................sorry to tell you, but because God and Jesus both follow the laws of Karma (because it was God that laid them down first) your Armor is kinda useless.

First you're no psychic.

Second, since when have you read any Bibles lately?

Third, see the second

And lastly, keep throwing your temper tantrums, you may be the victim of your own "karma" yet.

Last edited:
Are you threatening me?

First you're no psychic.

Third, see the second

And lastly, keep throwing your temper tantrums, you may be the victim of your own "karma" yet.

First..................never claimed to by a psychic................I just told you what MAY happen if you keep on your current path.

Second....................haven't read many Bibles lately, but I do know what they say, and my question is, do you?

Third.................quick question..................do you really know how Karma works? I'm guessing not based on your posts.

As far as throwing a temper tantrum, how many times in this thread have I called you a nasty name or said something against either you or your family?

I'm guessing none..................

First you're no psychic.

Third, see the second

First..................never claimed to by a psychic................I just told you what MAY happen if you keep on your current path.

Second....................haven't read many Bibles lately, but I do know what they say, and my question is, do you?

Third.................quick question..................do you really know how Karma works? I'm guessing not based on your posts.

As far as throwing a temper tantrum, how many times in this thread have I called you a nasty name or said something against either you or your family?

First, I don't need to be lectured by the likes of you. I will continue down this path, regardless of your warnings. They ring hollow.

Second, if you haven't read any bibles lately, how can you know what they say?

Third, I don't care to know how karma works. I am not Hindu nor Buddhist, nor am I Jain or Sikh.

Wishing that I be damaged by karma or whatnot is your form of throwing a temper tantrum. You can veil it any way you wish. Stop lying. I am far too perceptive for your ilk.

Last edited:
This is totally disgusting. This is a sign of things to come. I believe that the ones who immorally took advantage of this should have to pay it back by having the amount they over exceeded be deducted from their EBT cards instead of the taxpayers having to foot the bill.........again. Wouldn't you agree?

Yep. These people are nothing more than common thieves.

First you're no psychic.

Third, see the second

First, I don't need to be lectured by the likes of you. I will continue down this path, regardless of your warnings. They ring hollow.

Second, if you haven't read any bibles lately, how can you know what they say?

Third, I don't care to know how karma works. I am not Hindu nor Buddhist, nor am I Jain or Sikh.

Wishing that I be damaged by karma or whatnot is your form of throwing a temper tantrum. You can veil it any way you wish. Stop lying. I am far too perceptive for your ilk.

Well...........................I really don't care if you know how Karma works, it still works.

And.........................how many posts can you provide showing that I asked for Karma to damage you?

I've just asked for Karma to return to you what you've sent out to the world.

Go ahead.......................provide links to what you've claimed.

I'm guessing you can't.........................

Forum List

Back