Ebola, Where Is The Surgeon General?

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Jewitt City, Connecticut
Ebola, where is the Surgeon General of the United States.

We got a Surgeon General warning on cigarettes, I believe the Surgeon General is the top Health Official in the USA, so where is he/she?

I have noticed many posts in the threads, that state the President has zero authority to stop this epidemic from entering the USA. There are thousands of Federal Codes, who knows how many apply, but I am sure the Surgeon General knows.

42 U.S. Code 264 - Regulations to control communicable diseases LII Legal Information Institute

42 U.S. Code § 264 - Regulations to control communicable diseases

(a) Promulgation and enforcement by Surgeon General
The Surgeon General, with the approval of the Secretary, is authorized to make and enforce such regulations as in his judgment are necessary to prevent the introduction, transmission, or spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the States or possessions, or from one State or possession into any other State or possession. For purposes of carrying out and enforcing such regulations, the Surgeon General may provide for such inspection, fumigation, disinfection, sanitation, pest extermination, destruction of animals or articles found to be so infected or contaminated as to be sources of dangerous infection to human beings, and other measures, as in his judgment may be necessary.
[1] .
266 of this title, or the regulations promulgated under such sections, may be construed as superseding any provision under State law (including regulations and including provisions established by political subdivisions of States), except to the extent that such a provision conflicts with an exercise of Federal authority under this section or section 266 of this title.

220px-President_Barack_Obama_with_Surgeon_General_nominee_Regina_Benjamin_07-13-09.jpg

I don't think there is a Surgeon General. I'm not certain of this information but I recall there being a battle over a nomination of Obama's preferred candidate who wanted to use his position to institute anti-handgun campaigns through your family doctor and the Republicans blocked his nomination.

I may be wrong with the above info, so don't take it as the truth.

As for the acting SG, maybe he's taking orders from Valerie Jarret because he's there at the whim of the White House.

I don't think there is a Surgeon General. I'm not certain of this information but I recall there being a battle over a nomination of Obama's preferred candidate who wanted to use his position to institute anti-handgun campaigns through your family doctor and the Republicans blocked his nomination.

Yep, Republicans are opposed because nominee said something negative about gunz sending all the right wing racist gun owners and organizations like the NRA into a tizzy.

Another obama "racial solidarity" appointee...like Holder and Jeh Johnson...and like them, I'm sure she thinks everything is going very well in america today.

Yep, Republicans are opposed because nominee said something negative about gunz sending all the right wing racist gun owners and organizations like the NRA into a tizzy.

So why is Obama trying to politicize the position? Quit shoving politics into every damn thing and then Republicans don't have to push back.. See how that works?

Another obama "racial solidarity" appointee...like Holder and Jeh Johnson...and like them, I'm sure she thinks everything is going very well in america today.

She's a former Surgeon General. NRA is holding the current nominee hostage because he's concerned about gunz effect on society.

The former SG was a good doc who practiced in rural areas even though she didn't make a lot, something the ignorant right wing racists could never understand.

So why is Obama trying to politicize the position? Quit shoving politics into every damn thing and then Republicans don't have to push back.. See how that works?

The only people politicizing the position are ignorant right wingers. There is nothing wrong with the nominee.

Last edited:

She's a former Surgeon General. NRA is holding the current nominee hostage because he's concerned about gunz effect on society.

The former SG was a good doc who practiced in rural areas even though she didn't make a lot, something the ignorant right wing racists could never understand.

Like I said..another obama "racial solidarity" appointment...like Holder and Jeh Johnson.

As for the acting SG, maybe he's taking orders from Valerie Jarret because he's there at the whim of the White House.
That's what I heard too. We don't have one.

Bigotry is the republican core value.

Is Holder "black"?
Is Johnson "black"?
Is Regina Benjamin "black"?
Is obama "black"?
What's your point? You think it's a coincidence?

Republicans cut funding to fight Ebola....

House Republicans indicated Tuesday that they will provide less than half of the White House's funding request to fight Ebola in the next government spending bill. According to a source familiar with the negotiations, House Appropriations Committee Chairman Hal Rogers (R-Ky.) agreed as of Tuesday morning to spend a total of $40 million to fight the epidemic in the 2015 spending bill.

Do Republicans want Ebola to spread, so they can make political points on it???

Is Holder "black"?
Is Johnson "black"?
Is obama "black"?
Yes. Obama appointed mostly white men.

.A Harvard University study concluded that 17,000 Americans a year will die because Republican governors refused to expand Medicaid.

Republicans are the real threat to America.

Is Holder "black"?
Is Johnson "black"?
Is obama "black"?
Yes. Obama appointed mostly white men.
You think it's a coincidence that Holder, Johnson Jarrett (and obama) are all black? ....and your position is that obama simply chose them based on their superior skills....ok.sure.....go with that...

Forum List

Back