Eat it liberals. Hillary's lie of a book never made number 1, but guess what did?

El Rushbo got an award for best children's book. I can almost see all the leftist neck veins bulging and red steamy faces on that one.

USMB nutters sure are interested in Hillary's book sales.

That's because they are an excellent barometer of how people view her. If she were as popular and powerful as you claim her book sales would be sky high. The fact that they're not though.......

A blind deaf and dumb person could understand what that portends..... but a stupid person..... Well...you should get it...but you won't.

Where's your review of this book TPS?

And it's being bought the same people who couldn't get Magic Underpants elected, but you really want him to run again?

Her book was number 1 on the NYT List. That list is more important than your list. This Indian guy isn't well known at all, your money put him on a list but that doesn't mean anyone but wingnuts are buying.

Um yeah because the Amazon list reflects ACTUAL SALES!!!!

Keep trying libs.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Read my post above. NYT goes on actual sales, ergo "Best Seller".

If you go to the list and see the actual titles of both fiction and non-fiction it's easy enough to see that it's based on sales, not quality.

Best Sellers - The New York Times

Yes, because Hillary and Obama have had just COMPLETELY honest, corruption free lives.

But I don't see that stopping you guys from supporting her.
Unlike you guys we support people who can win elections.

So Republicans can't win election, is that the argument de jour? Then you will admit that the problems with the country were all created by those who can win elections. Great, we agree.

Funny how there seems to be all these problems yet Obama has had control for six years.

And yet somehow it's STILL Bush's fault.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You cons can have the top rated News Channel, radio show, and books for all I care. We'll be happy with winning national elections.
Oh national elections don't matter to them, obviously. They are on a mission for God, who created America in his own something or other...

Amazon Best Sellers: Best Books

There it is and I don't see Hillary's book anywhere to be found. It is curious though, how does the NYTs have her at number one? Me thinks the NYTs is bogus.

I get the NYT and the Sunday Book Review does show her book at number one, which is a surprise because the O/P columnists who write for the NYT summarily panned it a couple of weeks ago in the Sunday Review section.

Here's how the NYT compiles their lists:

About the Best Sellers

A version of this Best Sellers report appears in the July 13, 2014 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings on weekly lists reflect sales for the week ending June 28, 2014.

Rankings reflect sales reported by vendors offering a wide range of general interest titles. The sales venues for print books include independent book retailers; national, regional and local chains; online and multimedia entertainment retailers; supermarkets, university, gift and discount department stores; and newsstands. E-book rankings reflect sales from leading online vendors of e-books in a variety of popular e-reader formats.

E book sales are presently included for all adult categories (fiction, non-fiction and advice) except for graphic novels, and all children's categories with the exception of picture books. Titles are included regardless of whether they are published in both print and electronic formats or just one format. E-books available exclusively from a single vendor will be tracked at a future date.

The universe of print book dealers is well established, and sales of print titles are statistically weighted to represent all outlets nationwide. The universe of e-book publishers and vendors is rapidly emerging, and until the industry is settled sales of e-books will not be weighted.

Among the categories not actively tracked at this time are: perennial sellers, required classroom reading, textbooks, reference and test preparation guides, journals, workbooks, calorie counters, shopping guides, comics, crossword puzzles and self-published books.

The appearance of a ranked title reflects the fact that sales data from reporting vendors has been provided to The Times and has satisfied commonly accepted industry standards of universal identification (such as ISBN13 and EISBN13 codes). Publishers and vendors of all ranked titles conformed in timely fashion to The New York Times Best Seller Lists requirement to allow for independent corroboration of sales for that week.

Publisher credits for e-books are listed under the corporate publishing name instead of by publisher's division.

Sales of both print books and e-books are reported confidentially to The New York Times. The Best Seller Lists are prepared by the News Surveys and Election Analysis Department of The New York Times. Royalty Share, a firm that provides accounting services to publishers, is assisting The Times in its corroboration of e-book sales.

An asterisk (*) indicates that a book's sales are barely distinguishable from those of the book above. A dagger (†) indicates that some bookstores report receiving bulk orders.

So the NYTs polled venders and put her book at number one but arguably the biggest of book sellers doesn't even have her on the list. Doesn't that sound bogus? Especially when the book in question was number one on Amazon, you would think it would appear somewhere on the NYTs best seller list.

Last edited:
USMB nutters sure are interested in Hillary's book sales.

That's because they are an excellent barometer of how people view her. If she were as popular and powerful as you claim her book sales would be sky high. The fact that they're not though.......

A blind deaf and dumb person could understand what that portends..... but a stupid person..... Well...you should get it...but you won't.

And you do?

You're the one who constantly haunts my personal mailbox here, advising me of my rule-breaking which doesn't seem to bother anyone but YOU. Now really, I don't send anyone PMs, it's so juvenile.

Amazon Best Sellers: Best Books

There it is and I don't see Hillary's book anywhere to be found. It is curious though, how does the NYTs have her at number one? Me thinks the NYTs is bogus.

I get the NYT and the Sunday Book Review does show her book at number one, which is a surprise because the O/P columnists who write for the NYT summarily panned it a couple of weeks ago in the Sunday Review section.

About the Best Sellers

A version of this Best Sellers report appears in the July 13, 2014 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings on weekly lists reflect sales for the week ending June 28, 2014.

Rankings reflect sales reported by vendors offering a wide range of general interest titles. The sales venues for print books include independent book retailers; national, regional and local chains; online and multimedia entertainment retailers; supermarkets, university, gift and discount department stores; and newsstands. E-book rankings reflect sales from leading online vendors of e-books in a variety of popular e-reader formats.

E book sales are presently included for all adult categories (fiction, non-fiction and advice) except for graphic novels, and all children's categories with the exception of picture books. Titles are included regardless of whether they are published in both print and electronic formats or just one format. E-books available exclusively from a single vendor will be tracked at a future date.

The universe of print book dealers is well established, and sales of print titles are statistically weighted to represent all outlets nationwide. The universe of e-book publishers and vendors is rapidly emerging, and until the industry is settled sales of e-books will not be weighted.

Among the categories not actively tracked at this time are: perennial sellers, required classroom reading, textbooks, reference and test preparation guides, journals, workbooks, calorie counters, shopping guides, comics, crossword puzzles and self-published books.

The appearance of a ranked title reflects the fact that sales data from reporting vendors has been provided to The Times and has satisfied commonly accepted industry standards of universal identification (such as ISBN13 and EISBN13 codes). Publishers and vendors of all ranked titles conformed in timely fashion to The New York Times Best Seller Lists requirement to allow for independent corroboration of sales for that week.

Publisher credits for e-books are listed under the corporate publishing name instead of by publisher's division.

Sales of both print books and e-books are reported confidentially to The New York Times. The Best Seller Lists are prepared by the News Surveys and Election Analysis Department of The New York Times. Royalty Share, a firm that provides accounting services to publishers, is assisting The Times in its corroboration of e-book sales.

An asterisk (*) indicates that a book's sales are barely distinguishable from those of the book above. A dagger (†) indicates that some bookstores report receiving bulk orders.

So the NYTs polled vender as put her book at number one but arguably the biggest of book sellers doesn't even have her on the list. Doesn't that sound bogus? Especially when the book in question was number one on Amazon you would think I would appear somewhere on the NYTs best seller list.

Amazon quotes AMAZON's sales...Not Barnes & Noble, Hudson's, Hastings, independent book stores, or college book stores.

Her book was number 1 on the NYT List. That list is more important than your list. This Indian guy isn't well known at all, your money put him on a list but that doesn't mean anyone but wingnuts are buying.

Um yeah because the Amazon list reflects ACTUAL SALES!!!!

Keep trying libs.

Read my post above. NYT goes on actual sales, ergo "Best Seller".

If you go to the list and see the actual titles of both fiction and non-fiction it's easy enough to see that it's based on sales, not quality.

Best Sellers - The New York Times

Yeah Yeah Yeah and they don't play with the numners to under report conservative books.

Even they couldn't stop Rush's books.

Keep trying, but Amazon shows where the country really is.

That's why Costco had to give in and start selling D'Souza's book. They couldn't hold back the demand.

Costco surrenders to ?America? consumers

About the Best Sellers

So the NYTs polled vender as put her book at number one but arguably the biggest of book sellers doesn't even have her on the list. Doesn't that sound bogus? Especially when the book in question was number one on Amazon you would think I would appear somewhere on the NYTs best seller list.

Amazon quotes AMAZON's sales...Not Barnes & Noble, Hudson's, Hastings, independent book stores, or college book stores.

However, the New York Times bestseller list is different. Not to better or worse...just different. It’s a different metrics system. No one knows exactly how this is compiled, but large publishers know certain things about getting onto the list, and that’s why you find many of the large publishers’ books on there. It is a well-known fact among publishers that the New York Times gets its book sales data from a scattered few bookstores (like the Nielsen’s) and it doesn’t take into account the actual sales of the books (which Amazon.com does in order to rank), but how many books were shipped to these particular sampling of stores in anticipation of sales.

The New York Times list heavily counts sales in select brick-and-mortar stores, so if your books aren’t in these particular bookstores, then chances of making the New York Times bestseller list are minimal.

What Being A "Bestselling Author" Really Means | Fast Company | Business + Innovation

In other words it doesn't reflect REAL book sales, Amazon does.

Here's How You Buy Your Way Onto The New York Times Bestsellers List

An endorsement from Oprah Winfrey. A film deal from Steven Spielberg. A debut at the top of The New York Times bestsellers list. These are the things every author craves most, and while the first two require the favor of a benevolent God, the third can be had by anyone with the ability to write a check — a pretty big one.

ResultSource, a San Diego-based marketing consultancy, specializes in getting books onto bestseller lists, according to The Wall Street Journal. For clients willing to pay enough, it will even guarantee a No. 1 spot. It does this by taking bulk sales and breaking them up into more organic-looking individual purchases, defeating safeguards that are supposed to make it impossible to “buy” bestseller status.

And it’s not cheap. Soren Kaplan, a business consultant and speaker, hired ResultSource to promote his book “Leapfrogging.” Responding to the WSJ article on his website, Kaplan breaks out the economics of making the list.

With a $27.95 list price, I was told that the cost of each book would total about $23.50 after various retail discounts and including $3.99 for tax, handling and shipping. To ensure a spot on The Wall Street Journal’s bestseller list, I needed to obtain commitments from my clients for a minimum of 3000 books at about $23.50, a total of about $70,500. I would need to multiply these numbers by a factor of about three to hit The New York Times list.

Here's How You Buy Your Way Onto The New York Times Bestsellers List - Forbes

The only reason Conservatives are attacking Hillary with such ferocity is due to the fact that they know the time is coming that when she announces she is running for president -- it's all over for them. They are running like scared rabbits all over the place scrambling and trying to say this and that and have books published to try to show her in bad light but in the end she will become the next President of the United States and there are some folks who are so intensely scared of that fact that they are now running around with diarrhea dripping down their legs. Give 'Em Hell Hillary!! :D

Actually no, but thanks for speaking to that which you can not know.

We fear Hillary because we see what happened when an inexperience person took over POTUS, 6 years of one disaster after another. We don't want the same with Hillary. Besides it is time to clean the threshing floor and get someone new not another Washington insider.

** She is a renowned leader with lots of damn good experience that the country will undoubtedly greatly benefit from given the chance. The country needs someone who has worked in Washington who understands the workings of it and the people who run it.

Suggestion for the future, speak for yourself.
Advice you should learn to use for yourself.
29.gif

I didn't speak for you nor did I modify quotes as you did.

About the Best Sellers

Here is Barnes & Noble, Hillary's book not in the top 20, America is number four bound to go up.

Bestseller Books, Books Online, New Books - Barnes*&*Noble

The only reason Conservatives are attacking Hillary with such ferocity is due to the fact that they know the time is coming that when she announces she is running for president -- it's all over for them. They are running like scared rabbits all over the place scrambling and trying to say this and that and have books published to try to show her in bad light but in the end she will become the next President of the United States and there are some folks who are so intensely scared of that fact that they are now running around with diarrhea dripping down their legs. Give 'Em Hell Hillary!! :D

Where have you been? We've been scrutinizing and criticizing her since she announced in 2007.

No one I know is running for Immodium AD over Hillary :lol:

D'Souza makes money off gullible conservatives, all the while losing on the issues he advocates for.

Starting with, for example, same sex marriage. D'Souza opposes it. How's that working out?

Forum List

Back