Easy fix for Healthcare

Do you support combining Graham-Cassidy and Alexander-Murry?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Combine the Graham-Cassidy and Alexander-Murry Bills.
Alexander-Murry will be the transition period, one year or two years
Graham-Cassidy will replace Ocare with block-grants to the States, and be phased-in over the next two years.
They need to make ALL deductibles affordable, they should also regulate the profits that insurers can make, similar to utilities, since everyone needs to have healthcare. Taxpayers get refunds if insurers make too much money.

Block grants are just a way for Conservatives to pay for tax cuts that don't pay for themselves.

Also, do people in Massachusetts get a different kind of breast cancer than people in Texas? No. So what the fuck do states have to do with health care? Nothing.
what does any government agency have to do with healthcare?

Let's just make health care free for everyone. And let's make housing free for everyone. And let's make food free for everyone. Everyone HAS to have these things to survive - right?
Utopia!

No one is saying to make health care free, so enough with the straw men. A single payer system would mean everyone contributes because it's funded through a flat payroll tax.

Conservatives simply do not know enough about how our health care system works to come up with realistic solutions. That's because Conservatives are lazy as fuck.

The problem with government healthcare is it would become political. Take Commie Care for example. The program was created to take care of likely Democrat voters at the expense of likely Republican voters. If you had a part-time minimum wage job, you were set because the subsidy was so high. But then again, french fry makers likely vote Democrat. If you have a job and make a moderate amount of money, the plans were unaffordable. But many middle-class blue collar people vote Republican.

Trump's cuts to Obamacare hurts red staters more than blue staters.

There are good doctors and not so good doctors. There are good hospitals and clinics and not so good hospitals and clinics. If we went to a government system, everybody would want the good doctor and hospitals. But since that wouldn't be possible, it would come down to constituencies getting what kind of quality of care. With Democrats in charge, Democrat voters would get the quality medical care. Same thing if Republicans were in charge.

Thing is that you don't know if the doctor you have is good or not, and you will never know that so long as private insurance companies administer reimbursements to your doctors. Under a private insurance system, there is no incentive for doctors to improve outcomes because they get reimbursed by the insurers regardless of the job they do. A single payer system would reverse that and force doctors to be outcome-focused because if all providers are reimbursed at the same rate, those providers must then compete for your care. They don't compete for your care now...all they compete for is which insurer will reimburse them at the greatest rate. Which has nothing to do with their performance.

Conservatives just have no idea how health care in this country actually works.
no government in healthcare. no government in healthcare, no government in healthcare.

Medicare is the mechanism by which providers are reimbursed for the care they provide seniors and the disabled.

Bet they didn't teach you that in your St. Petersburg troll farm in Mother Russia, did they?

Let's just make health care free for everyone. And let's make housing free for everyone. And let's make food free for everyone. Everyone HAS to have these things to survive - right?
Utopia!

No one is saying to make health care free, so enough with the straw men. A single payer system would mean everyone contributes because it's funded through a flat payroll tax.

Conservatives simply do not know enough about how our health care system works to come up with realistic solutions. That's because Conservatives are lazy as fuck.
sure you are. that is exactly what the fk you're saying.

no government in healthcare. no government in healthcare, no government in healthcare.

All Medicare does is administrate payment to providers. That's all any insurance company does, and that would be the extent of what a single payer system does. Thing is, the mechanism by which your provider is reimbursed isn't even a transaction you're a part of. It's a transaction between the insurer and your doctor. It's a part of the process that has no effect on you at all. In fact, if anything, it would have a positive impact because you would no longer have to choose an insurer before you choose a doctor.

Medicare is the mechanism by which providers are reimbursed for the care they provide seniors and the disabled.

Bet they didn't teach you that in your St. Petersburg troll farm in Mother Russia, did they?
exactly and why i wrote, no government in healthcare. no government in healthcare, no government in healthcare.

All Medicare does is administrate payment to providers. That's all any insurance company does, and that would be the extent of what a single payer system does. Thing is, the mechanism by which your provider is reimbursed isn't even a transaction you're a part of. It's a transaction between the insurer and your doctor. It's a part of the process that has no effect on you at all. In fact, if anything, it would have a positive impact because you would no longer have to choose an insurer before you choose a doctor.
why do we need someone from the government pay for adults bills?

No, it's you wishing I said that because your argument and opposition makes no sense otherwise.

When your insurer reimburses your provider for your care, what part do you play in that process?

No, it's you wishing I said that because your argument and opposition makes no sense otherwise.

When your insurer reimburses your provider for your care, what part do you play in that process?
none, and my fking point. do you even use health insurance?

The government is administering payment. And the reason we need government to be the only entity doing that is because the myriad different insurers that exist now are precisely the reason why costs are so high.

It's funded with a payroll tax that everyone pays. So it's not for free. You're just lying about it because you either don't understand it, or you do and cannot bring yourself to admit it makes the most sense.

The government is administering payment. And the reason we need government to be the only entity doing that is because the myriad different insurers that exist now are precisely the reason why costs are so high.

It's funded with a payroll tax that everyone pays. So it's not for free. You're just lying about it because you either don't understand it, or you do and cannot bring yourself to admit it makes the most sense.
so regulation? seriously that's your fking argument? fk them and get them the hell out of my healthcare. PERIOD!!!

DO YOU? Doesn't seem like it. They don't have health insurance in Russia, do they? So what the fuck would you know about it.

And yes, it is exactly my point...the administration of reimbursement between your insurer and your doctor isn't even something you're a part of. So what do you care if the government reimburses your provider vs. a private insurer doing it? The insurer is adding 17% overhead to the costs. Medicare doesn't. So from a pure cost perspective, it's better to not have a profit motive tied to the administration of reimbursement to your provider. In fact, to this day not a single one of you clowns have been able to make the case that it's better, cheaper, and more efficient for hundreds of private insurers to reimburse providers than having one single entity do it.

so regulation? seriously that's your fking argument? fk them and get them the hell out of my healthcare. PERIOD!!!

Health care and health insurance are not the same thing. Too bad you lack the capability to know the difference. Or you do and are just flaming the board because you're getting paid to do so.

DO YOU? Doesn't seem like it. They don't have health insurance in Russia, do they? So what the fuck would you know about it.

And yes, it is exactly my point...the administration of reimbursement between your insurer and your doctor isn't even something you're a part of. So what do you care if the government reimburses your provider vs. a private insurer doing it? The insurer is adding 17% overhead to the costs. Medicare doesn't. So from a pure cost perspective, it's better to not have a profit motive tied to the administration of reimbursement to your provider. In fact, to this day not a single one of you clowns have been able to make the case that it's better, cheaper, and more efficient for hundreds of private insurers to reimburse providers than having one single entity do it.
yes exactly my fking point. It is my healthcare, i negotiate my business not a fking insurance brat that doesn't know me or my fking family. The doctor reports to me, I want to see his prices ahead of doing any healthcare. you're just a typical demoloser get government in your life guy. I can't rationally discuss this topic with you. You're brain fking washed.

BTW, there are plenty of co-ops in the country paying directly to a doctor using a doctor's co-op to help with costs. better and cheaper than any fking insurance company.

Health care and health insurance are not the same thing. Too bad you lack the capability to know the difference. Or you do and are just flaming the board because you're getting paid to do so.
do you even know what healthcare is? let's see your explanation.

You don't. Health care delivery is not the same thing as health insurance. Health insurance is the mechanism by which health care is paid. Insurance companies administer payment to your provider. They do nothing else. They don't check your prostate. They don't examine you. They don't perform surgeries. They don't provide drugs. They do nothing other than move money from the pool you paid into, to your provider. That's it. Not germane to how your health care is delivered to you.

yes exactly my fking point. It is my healthcare, i negotiate my business not a fking insurance brat that doesn't know me or my fking family.

If you have insurance, you don't negotiate shit. And if you go without insurance, you're going to be paying more out of pocket than if you just had insurance in the first place. You're not getting a discount of any kind when you "negotiate" with your doctor if you have no insurance. In fact, you're paying full price for something that your insurance company only pays ~80% of, depending on your insurer. You don't get a discount of any kind when you don't go through an insurer. That's because your provider has already determined the cost for procedures with the insurance companies. It's pure idiocy to think you can pay the full cost of health care. When you inevitably run up a bill that is more than you can afford, you are getting a "discount" to what the actual bill is.

The doctor reports to me, I want to see his prices ahead of doing any healthcare. you're just a typical demoloser get government in your life guy. I can't rationally discuss this topic with you. You're brain fking washed.

You're a fucking idiot who has no experience with health care. You are making this up as you go.

BTW, there are plenty of co-ops in the country paying directly to a doctor using a doctor's co-op to help with costs. better and cheaper than any fking insurance company.

LOL! The doctor's Co-op makes you think you're getting a deal, but you're not. You're paying more than an insurance company would pay. You're getting a "discount" to the prices that insurance companies have already negotiated with your provider. LOL! What a fucking idiot.

You don't. Health care delivery is not the same thing as health insurance. Health insurance is the mechanism by which health care is paid. Insurance companies administer payment to your provider. They do nothing else. They don't check your prostate. They don't examine you. They don't perform surgeries. They don't provide drugs. They do nothing other than move money from the pool you paid into, to your provider. That's it. Not germane to how your health care is delivered to you.
health insurance companies negotiate prices with the medical world. Period. People pay for insurance and their money is redirected to doctors for extremely high prices for service at a medical facility. I just spent 4 grand for a one hour visit to an ER to have seven stitches in my thumb. that is 4 grand an hour. Really? all negotiated by insurance companies. My deductible pays the first three grand. Now tell me, if I didn't have an insurance company negotiating four grand an hour services, perhaps without insurance companies the cost is closer to 200 dollars for the hour. So don't give me your fking this and that about insurance companies, it's all a fking scam to make money, not for healthcare.

Forum List

Back