Eastwood says his convention appearance was 'mission accomplished'

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
The Carmel Pine Cone's first story of the week

AFTER A week as topic No. 1 in American politics, former Carmel Mayor Clint Eastwood said the outpouring of criticism from left-wing reporters and liberal politicians after his appearance at the Republican National Convention last Thursday night, followed by an avalanche of support on Twitter and in the blogosphere, is all the proof anybody needs that his 12-minute discourse achieved exactly what he intended it to.

“President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people,” Eastwood told The Pine Cone this week. “Romney and Ryan would do a much better job running the country, and that’s what everybody needs to know. I may have irritated a lot of the lefties, but I was aiming for people in the middle.”

Yeah, Eastwood sure stirred them up! The Left has been jumping all over themselves since the RNC convention. Clint hit it out of the park!

It's something to aspire for when they get elderly... to have an audience listen and respect your inane ramblings.

It's something to aspire for when they get elderly... to have an audience listen and respect your inane ramblings.

That is such bullshit. LOL, you guys are still trying to figure out what hit you. Clint did an excellent job of shoving the truth down your throat. And it's better then what half of you lefties usually have shoved down your throats and up your butts.

That is such bullshit. LOL, you guys are still trying to figure out what hit you. Clint did an excellent job of shoving the truth down your throat. And it's better then what half of you lefties usually have shoved down your throats and up your butts.

Do you have Penis on the mind every time you say "Shoved down your throat" or "shoved down our throats"?

Oh wait... should have read your next sentence, of course you do. It is fascinating that's one of the most commonly used phrases from your type.

The republicans had one Hollywood celebrity Eastwood speak at the convention and people for whatever reason are still talking about it the Democrats had three that I know of speak at there's Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johansson, and Kerry Washington no one has even mentioned them in fact I'm not sure anyone even knows they spoke there kind of telling. In any event I don't see anyone's vote being influenced by a celebrity's speech.

Do you have Penis on the mind every time you say "Shoved down your throat" or "shoved down our throats"?

Oh wait... should have read your next sentence, of course you do. It is fascinating that's one of the most commonly used phrases from your type.

Nope, but democrats have gay marriage always on their minds.....so we love to make fun of you for it.
And yeah Clint owned your ass....the empty chair...that will be legendary.......LOLOLOLOLOL

The republicans had one Hollywood celebrity Eastwood speak at the convention and people for whatever reason are still talking about it the Democrats had three that I know of speak at there's Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johansson, and Kerry Washington no one has even mentioned them in fact I'm not sure anyone even knows they spoke there kind of telling. In any event I don't see anyone's vote being influenced by a celebrity's speech.

Who, who and who?

And he did it without a teleprompter, and most of his speech was a masterful ad-lib.

Clint hit it out-of-the-park, and that is based solely on the hateful, vitriolic, vile responses by the left wingnuts.

I can't even imagine the "great black dope" being able to tie his shoes without a teleprompter giving him instructions.

:clap2::lol:

I had no idea these people spoke.....

I had no idea these people spoke.....

Neither did I till I saw a story about it on CNN Today.

I think it was the most honest speech in this whole election.

He hit a raw nerve that's for sure..they are still bitching about it even after their fabulous (empty rhetoric bat shit crazy rantings) Democrat convention..

way to go Clint :clap2:

The President got a bump in the polls from his convention. Romney got nothing. And it still remains;

President Obama 332 Governor Romney 206

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map No Toss Ups

Eastwood may have been good for laughs, but did nothing for Romney in the polls.

Nice try.

The poll you linked gives ALL of the current tossup states to Obama.

Ridiculous and predictably misleading.
I get a great laugh out of it when someone uses that no toss up link aside from the fact you noted it gives all toss ups to Obama highly doubtful but if you go to the RCP electoral college map you will find them all within the margin of error and only two of them have a difference of +3 New Hampshire and Nevada I believe.

Forum List

Back