East Coast Prepare for Earl

Oh sure ... when they say New England is going to be hit with a nor'easter and we're going to get dumped with a couple of feet of snow, everyone panics. Their homes stocked with bread and milk and munchies to ride out the storm. What happens? We get six inches.

But now we have a hurricane tracking in our direction. Or do we?
Perhaps it'll go out to sea and we'll get some rain. Or .... perhaps I need to get out in my yard to bring in or secure anything and everything that might get blown away.

nc can deal with hurricanes....its amazing when the coast line goes mobile.. people move inland fast...if you opt to ride it out on the obx or coast then you are on your own till it calms back down

Did you live in the Blueridge when I think it was Hugo ripped inland up there there plumb up to NY?

yes hugo reached the blue ridge with flooding and high winds....that was the most inland that a hurrican had reached....people ran from the coast and fayetteville to charlotte then hugo blew right into charlotte...

some friends in charlotte were having a 'hurricane party' they ended up in the closets praying.

well the obx are on the move but its still not serious..when its serious both lanes are going one way...off the island....looks like a lot of rain

earl-threat-083110-600x405.jpg

gov perdue has declared a state of emergency... but still no forced evacuation....tourists had to leave ocracoke but residents are allowed to stay....without utilites once the storm hits...keep the hightiders in mind

I'm glad you are out of the danger zone, Bones. And I hope everyone here is, including the wingnuts. :eek:

And Jeesh! there is yet another one forming...Gustav!

Busy season so far...Wilma was in October.

All bad weather finds its way to Michigan. Those paths must be wrong. I can almost guarantee it will take out a tree across the street or knock electricity out here for three hours.

Forum List

Back