East Coast Prepare for Earl

cape lookout is being evacuated..starting tomorrow....you can only get there by boat...red cross workers are on alert...so far they are simply giving the obx a heads up....get the animal crates out and get ready to run..local news is sending reporters to the coast.

We are planning on going tent camping on Saddy night and Sundy night.

Methinks we won't be.

the Cape, in Massachusetts will be the closest to it's path on the east coast, is what I saw....

suppose to be in Canada, by saturday night....a fast moving hurricane.

i wouldnt decide yet...this thing could turn out to sea....course i think you will still get rain

We've already reserved the space for three days. It's only $30 per night, so not a real big loss if we can't go.

I don't like camping in the rain for the simple fact that it sucks and it is a pain in the ass to get the tent dry.

Forecasters expect Hurricane Earl to pass off the coast of North Carolina on Thursday. As its heads this way it's expected to bring strong rip currents and huge waves. National Hurricane Center maps show a chance that it could hit land anywhere from North Carolina through New England.

Hurricane Danielle churned up the surf over the weekend causing many rescues. Manasquan lifeguards made 40 rescues on Sunday. There were about 25 people pulled from the surf in Seaside Heights and Atlantic City made 52 rescues on Saturday. North Wildwood, Sea Isle City and Ocean City only let swimmers go in knee-deep over the weekend.

Vacationers Hoping To Enjoy The Shore This Weekend, Despite Earl - New Jersey 101.5 FM

My son surfs at an unguarded beach. Oh great. Something else to stress about. :(

I've got friends at the beach right now. May text them and see if they are letting people in the water.

I think my son is working most of the weekend. Have to have a little chat with him about surfing this weekend. He's a strong swimmer and all that, but those kinda kids rarely have a healthy fear of the ocean unfortunately.

mynameisearl.jpg

My friend and I decided this weekend not to take a three day cruise to Nassau over Labor Day weekend. That turned out to be a really good choice.

it has been a few years....count...a nor eastern is hell on the obx....we were down there and they had a few inches of rain...being from the mtns...we didnt think anything of it...next day it was a mess...standing water etc...flatlands are different

I've been through a nor easter at OBX before. Can't remember the exact year because I was just a small fry at the time. Sometimes a bad nor easter can be almost as bad as a hurricane. I hope the cottage we rented for a week last month makes out ok. It was a really nice place. That house they filmed the movie, "Nights in Rodanthe" was badly damaged by a nor easter last year (or was it the year before) and it was moved from it's original site. The house next door to it was destroyed.

Hurricane Earl gains steam, upgraded to Category 4 - Yahoo! News

Hurricane Earl strengthened into a Category 4 storm on Monday as it moved across Atlantic waters northeast of Puerto Rico, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said.

Hurricane Earl strengthens, could swipe U.S. coast - Yahoo! News
If Earl swings farther west than expected, heavy rain could sweep the Interstate 95 corridor from North Carolina to Washington, D.C., Philadelphia and New York City, he said.

Could you imagine NYC being flooded with 10ft+ of water??
The subways and tunnels???
:eusa_eh:

Take it from a Floridian, ya'll that are along the east coast:
Please be prepared.
:cool:

Hate to ruin your day but it is forecast to NOT COME close to making land fall on US shores.
Typical asswipe murkin response.
So was hurricane Andrew 1992.They said it was going on by until about midnight. then the announcer declared OH SHIT. THIS IS IT ! 2 hours later all hell broke loose. It did 168K dollars damage to my house.

Forum List

Back