Ear Pain and Pressure

My grandmother used a bobbypin to clean my Dad's ears when he was a kid.
She punctured his eardrum.
I'm just overly cautious.
Hugs

Wow, so does that mean he went deaf in that ear then?

Ear pain is often sinus issues. make sure that isn't the problem.

Actually an ENT looked into my sinuses and found out that they were perfect. I think I'm going to probably wind up going back to him though. He was able to pinpoint my TMJ and acid reflux issues because now that I had a change of lifestyle (with a dental guard and no late night snacking) I have those under control. :)

Sounds like an ear infection.
Dizziness... equalibrium out of balance, water in the ear.
I had an ear infection once. I was bouncing off the walls down the hall. Couldn't keep my balance.
NO Q TIPS.
NO NO NO
HUGS

I use Q-tips all the time. I go in DEEP no problem, but then, I was building models of the inner ear when I was 6 years old. Don't do it unless you really know what you are doing.
My grandmother used a bobbypin to clean my Dad's ears when he was a kid.
She punctured his eardrum.
I'm just overly cautious.
Hugs

Conversely, I've had doctors clear wax from my Eustachian tube by sticking a long, thin rod in my ear clear down till I could feel it in my throat. Fixed me right up.

Wow, so does that mean he went deaf in that ear then?
Yes he is deaf in that ear. Also, everytime his head is underwater like swimming or shampooing, the water collects in his ear and it's very uncomfortable. He can blow bubbles out his ear if he gets water up his nose.
Now that he is 86 it bothers him more now than when he was younger.
I have to be real careful when I wash his hair.
Hugs

Ear wax buildup. I use hydrogen peroxide to flush it out.
Inner ear infection. Doctor will prescribe antibiotics.

Is it painful or just hard to hear?

It's just painful every once in awhile and if I use a Q-tip it only makes things worse.

Never use q-tips. All they do is jam the wax deeper into your ear canal.

Ear wax buildup. I use hydrogen peroxide to flush it out.
Inner ear infection. Doctor will prescribe antibiotics.

Is it painful or just hard to hear?

It's just painful every once in awhile and if I use a Q-tip it only makes things worse.
Do you have allergies? My ears get clogged up when my allergies act up....Allegra D 24 hour behind the pharmacist counter works well at clearing........

A few weeks back I had some inner ear pain for a few days. Even hurt a little bit to swallow, with that ringing sensation also. Was about to go see a doctor, but it cleared up on it's own.

Do you have allergies? My ears get clogged up when my allergies act up....Allegra D 24 hour behind the pharmacist counter works well at clearing........

I have seasonal allergies but Allegra doesn't do a thing for me because I don't get the typical allergy symptoms.

A few weeks back I had some inner ear pain for a few days. Even hurt a little bit to swallow, with that ringing sensation also. Was about to go see a doctor, but it cleared up on it's own.

Well I'm glad that you're feeling better. :)

May sound odd but works for me.

Alka Seltzer Plus Cold Medicine.
Plop plop fizz fizz
oh what a relief it is.

I use it for headache, backaches, blocked sinuses, whenever I feel under the weather or my body aches and I don't want to move.

Comes in original, lemon, and cherry flavor.
Just mix with a glass of water...
chug a lug, chug a lug
and your good to go.

Hugs

1626022355924.png

May sound odd but works for me.

Alka Seltzer Plus Cold Medicine.
Plop plop fizz fizz
oh what a relief it is.

I use it for headache, backaches, blocked sinuses, whenever I feel under the weather or my body aches and I don't want to move.

Comes in original, lemon, and cherry flavor.
Just mix with a glass of water...
chug a lug, chug a lug
and your good to go.

Hugs

View attachment 511465
Did I say Orange Zest

Potterhead2021

My doctor gave me what I consider good advice,"never stick anything in your ears but your elbow".
I would only use sterile water in my ears or like someone above said'peroxide .I've always used peroxide to wash mone out but thats just what I do not giving advice. it makes a loud bubbling sound. I don't yse it often no more than twice in a couple days.
Never use QTip it just pushes back ear wax or whatever infection you may have further into ear drum,imo.

I think I might have a problem with my ear tubes being clogged. I'm going to the doctor soon, but is there anybody here that has this problem and how do you know what it is? What do you do about it?
My wife is an audiologist and it will be easily identified and treated with medication or by inserting nearly invisible tubes.

..my co-worker had a bug in his ear once ..didn't know it until he went to the doctor

Forum List

Back