E-Bay Strike Feb 18-25 making national news

Lookout

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2007
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23TomS5--nQ[/ame]

The strike to show E-Bay just who it is that lines their pockets IS ON!!!

Who're you trying to kid? The only people "striking" will be those that don't actually use eBay to make a *living*. And likely, those are also the types of people that rip buyers off.

Where do these baseless accusations even come from?

Who're you trying to kid? The only people "striking" will be those that don't actually use eBay to make a *living*. And likely, those are also the types of people that rip buyers off.

You might want to go to cnn news and ebay message boards and power sellers unite and research for yourself and get informed.

I don't know other than the planet is full of uninformed opinionated people. One of the reasons why our country is in the condition it is in.

I don't know other than the planet is full of uninformed opinionated people. One of the reasons why our country is in the condition it is in.

I'm telling ya, if people would just stop wasting their lives watching TV, we'd all be a lot better off. Read your news online. I'm not even recommending any particular site, but most of the time the internet is less biased and censored than TV. It's just a friendly suggestion to everyone who watches their "news" on TV.

I'm telling ya, if people would just stop wasting their lives watching TV, we'd all be a lot better off. Read your news online. I'm not even recommending any particular site, but most of the time the internet is less biased and censored than TV. It's just a friendly suggestion to everyone who watches their "news" on TV.

Operation Mockingbird!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mockingbird

The fact that I spent no less than 4 years as a full time Power Seller on eBay, perhaps? For ever 10,000 sellers that take part in this so-called strike, there will be 50,000 sellers who'll suck up the sales that will still be taking place.

Incidently.. THIS will be the attitude of a large majority of sellers who will take part in the strike:

And sonar5jr won't be selling anything that week either. "I'm in, but I will stop selling on Feb. 12, so that on Feb. 20 when the extortion scheme begins, I won't have anything running," said sonar5jr on the eBay forum. "I won't list againf until ... one week later."

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,142069/article.html

Ooooooh. That's gonna kill eBay, ain't it? :D

The fact that I spent no less than 4 years as a full time Power Seller on eBay, perhaps? For ever 10,000 sellers that take part in this so-called strike, there will be 50,000 sellers who'll suck up the sales that will still be taking place.

This time is different! I believe the sellers have had enough this time.
Yeah and those 50,000 sellers will be the ones that will go down with the ship. My friend with over 15,000/100% positive fb is going on strike and lots are following. I am a power seller myself and will also be going.
This ship is sinking. People are either going to swim with the rats or go down with the ship...OR E-Pay will change its new policy that just came out just a few days ago. This time they have really shot themselves in the foot. Sellers are scattering like cockroaches when you turn on the light. If you think people will allow E-Pay to hold their money for 21 days and demand that the package be shipped to the buyer while they hold their money, you and E-Pay have another thing comming.

Incidently.. THIS will be the attitude of a large majority of sellers who will take part in the strike:

And sonar5jr won't be selling anything that week either. "I'm in, but I will stop selling on Feb. 12, so that on Feb. 20 when the extortion scheme begins, I won't have anything running," said sonar5jr on the eBay forum. "I won't list againf until ... one week later."

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,142069/article.html

Ooooooh. That's gonna kill eBay, ain't it? :D

You just pulled one out of thousands to back your claim...Should I list the 2000 atleast that are following through.

I was just posting whats going on...Personally, I have had enough and will be quiting E-Pay for good. As soon as my auctions I have listed run out...I'M DONE. Bidville may be slow right now but they are a reputable company and listing is very cheep there.

This time is different! I believe the sellers have had enough this time.
Yeah and those 50,000 sellers will be the ones that will go down with the ship. My friend with over 15,000/100% positive fb is going on strike and lots are following. I am a power seller myself and will also be going.
This ship is sinking. People are either going to swim with the rats or go down with the ship...OR E-Pay will change its new policy that just came out just a few days ago. This time they have really shot themselves in the foot. Sellers are scattering like cockroaches when you turn on the light. If you think people will allow E-Pay to hold their money for 21 days and demand that the package be shipped to the buyer while they hold their money, you and E-Pay have another thing comming.

The types of sellers that are taking part in this are actually using terms like "extortion". Pardon me while I take a minute to roll my eyes. Extortion? GMAFB. Nobody is *forced* to sell on eBay, thus you're not *forced* to pay the listing fees, although you agree to such every time you list an item for sale.

Incidently, legitimate businesses use Paypal, and accept credit card payment; thus, no waiting, and both the buyer and the seller are protected.

You just pulled one out of thousands to back your claim...Should I list the 2000 atleast that are following through.

I pulled the *first* article I ran across. You can save yourself the trouble of pulling the hundreds that are listed for Spain, and the UK, since it really doesn't have a damned thing to do with the US.

What you CAN show me, though, are legitimate power sellers that run 5000+ auctions at one time just shutting down as of the date you listed.

2000? What - articles or sellers? If that's sellers, eBay gains more than 2000 sellers in a single day. Have you any concept of how big they actually are? You and your little friends aren't going to do a thing to phase them.

The types of sellers that are taking part in this are actually using terms like "extortion". Pardon me while I take a minute to roll my eyes. Extortion? GMAFB. Nobody is *forced* to sell on eBay, thus you're not *forced* to pay the listing fees, although you agree to such every time you list an item for sale.

Incidently, legitimate businesses use Paypal, and accept credit card payment; thus, no waiting, and both the buyer and the seller are protected.

I agree with you about the extortion part...It is a choice to sell there. However their LACK of customer service, Canned responses and greed are enough for me. I really don't care if e-pay lives or dies. I will not be a part of it anymore. The last change was hard enough to swallow, this one is too much! There is not a retail store anywhere where you can go into and take something off the shelf and tell them as you walk out the door you will be back in 21 days to pay for it.

I agree with you about the extortion part...It is a choice to sell there. However their LACK of customer service, Canned responses and greed are enough for me. I really don't care if e-pay lives or dies. I will not be a part of it anymore. The last change was hard enough to swallow, this one is too much! There is not a retail store anywhere where you can go into and take something off the shelf and tell them as you walk out the door you will be back in 21 days to pay for it.

Tell me..Why are you *choosing* to dink around with that method of payment?

I pulled the *first* article I ran across. You can save yourself the trouble of pulling the hundreds that are listed for Spain, and the UK, since it really doesn't have a damned thing to do with the US.

What you CAN show me, though, are legitimate power sellers that run 5000+ auctions at one time just shutting down as of the date you listed.

2000? What - articles or sellers? If that's sellers, eBay gains more than 2000 sellers in a single day. Have you any concept of how big they actually are? You and your little friends aren't going to do a thing to phase them.

Most who have been around long enough to know how e-pay works are not using their actual ID's on any of the sites. They are using their posting ID's.

Tell me..Why are you *choosing* to dink around with that method of payment?

Because if you don't take Paypal, you lose alot of sales. People don't want to use money orders and cashiers checks. So you either put up with it and continue to use paypal so you can get sales and go down with the ship slowly. or choose not to use paypal and go down fast because your sales will plumit.

Most who have been around long enough to know how e-pay works are not using their actual ID's on any of the sites. They are using their posting ID's.

There's another one of your problems.. Why would you expect eBay to take you seriously when you dink around with a posting ID, rather than a reputable selling ID? I'm guessing you really haven't had much eBay experience, and really haven't taken time to research now things work, and what your options are.

Not to mention that withholding payment from the seller for 21 days is illegal. Or the fact that sellers will no longer be able to leave neg. or pos. fb....only pos. Giving all the power to the buyer to totally Fuck the seller. They are already able to pay, receive their item then retractr their money via paypal. Now they can rip us off and leave us neg. fb. and all we can do is give them pos. fb...I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back