~Dying At 50~

Absolutely. Cigarette smoke is oncogenic to virtually every cell in the body. Guess what the number one cause of bladder cancer is? Smoking.

Riddle me that.

It is the beer. People who smoke, drink beer. Beer causes the bladder cancer.

It's carrots. Most people who died from bladder cancer have eaten carrots. Americans inhale smoke from burning leaves, camp fires and fireplaces. Those nice plug in motion activated smell dispensers emit the chemical smell of your choice all the time in your house and everyone has to take in the stuff including babies and children. We have come to a point in human evolution where everything smells like fabric softener. Maybe I'm more sensitive to it but once you take in the sent it seems that everywhere you go you are forced to take in the sickly chemical odor that smells the same on clothes and cars and in Walmart.

It is green beans. Everyone who gets bladder cancer had a mother who forced them to eat green beans. The statistics prove the correlation.

I have been bothered by something for the past 2 days.
This past week, and up till Monday, I have personally known 3 people who have all died at the age of 50, recently.
One was my daughter-in-laws Aunt, she died from leukemia. (Last Thursday)
One was a guy I have known for years, he had a live-in, and one day while at work, on lunch, he keeled over- apparent heart attack that we know so far. (Last Friday)
And at our local Wal-Mart, which btw, is one of THE largest Wal-Mart stores in the state of Tennessee, a good friend I have known for years, and has worked at this store for 22 years!--she went home Monday and said she wasn't feeling well. So she told her husband she was going to lie down, and when he went to check on her a little bit later, she was dead. She had a heart attack. (Monday afternoon)
Our Wal-Mart has wreaths displayed at all entrances, with her photo. And her calling hours were this evening, well Wednesday.
Now I don't know about the rest of y'all, but when I go to tell someone my age, and I never lie, I always admit my age, I say I'm 49- which I am- but I think I sound old.
But when I read an obit in the newspaper, and it lists the age of the deceased as "50"....my first reaction is- "Omg, so young!"
And I guess when I think about it, 50 is young, and for 3 people to have departed at that age, all within a matter of a few days of each other and I knew them all- I just feel......well....crappy. I don't know how else to say it :(

So I hope you have learned something.....

Live every moment as if it is your last....because you never know...it may just BE your last!

I'll be 65 in a few months and had open heart surgery 5 months ago. I have allways taken very good care of myself and ate well exercised etc. and married a woman 25 years my junior! She made it all worthwhile. But genetics came and bit me in the ass. They do say my good lifestyle saved me from the heart attack, evidently i had built up secondary arteries and veins so that when my regular arteries finally clogged I had enough backup to stay alive.

Now they say i am good for another 30 years!

God bless collateral circulation.

In a related note, I turned 33 on Wednesday.

You fuckers are old.

Chuckle, like you will never get older....LOL

btw, happy b-day.

Oh, I will, but by the time I am bitching about being 50, you bastards will be in the home or in the ground.

Thanks for the well wishes!

Ha! Us old farts will be sucking up your paycheck in a scam called 'Social Security' while we drink margaritas on a Florida beach and live to 110.

In a related note, I turned 33 on Wednesday.

You fuckers are old.

You ought to get out more geaux. You look like shit. A 32 year old should have better things to do with his time than post his opinion about dying at 50.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntm1YfehK7U]YouTube - ‪Time - Pink Floyd‬‏[/ame]

This past week, and up till Monday, I have personally known 3 people who have all died at the age of 50, recently.
One was a guy I have known for years, he had a live-in, and one day while at work, on lunch, he keeled over- apparent heart attack that we know so far. (Last Friday)
And at our local Wal-Mart, which btw, is one of THE largest Wal-Mart stores in the state of Tennessee, a good friend I have known for years, and has worked at this store for 22 years!--she went home Monday and said she wasn't feeling well. So she told her husband she was going to lie down, and when he went to check on her a little bit later, she was dead. She had a heart attack. (Monday afternoon)
Our Wal-Mart has wreaths displayed at all entrances, with her photo. And her calling hours were this evening, well Wednesday.
Now I don't know about the rest of y'all, but when I go to tell someone my age, and I never lie, I always admit my age, I say I'm 49- which I am- but I think I sound old.
But when I read an obit in the newspaper, and it lists the age of the deceased as "50"....my first reaction is- "Omg, so young!"
And I guess when I think about it, 50 is young, and for 3 people to have departed at that age, all within a matter of a few days of each other and I knew them all- I just feel......well....crappy. I don't know how else to say it :(

Oh my! I wish I had read the OP first before posting. So sorry.

Oh my! I wish I had read the OP first before posting. So sorry.

No worries xsited, no problem at all......I appreciate your humor *smiles*

~Dying At 50~

Here 'ya go:

epic-fail-photos-probably-bad-news-i-think-i-saw-this-in-a-movie-once.jpg

Nowadays,Many people died at a very young age some died at their 50's, 40's and even at 30's maybe you will say that it is too young for them to die. There are lot's of reasons why most people now die at their 30's,40's and 50's. One of it's reasons are sedentary lifestyle, it includes drinking alcoholic beverages, eating fatty foods, sleeping too late, and stress.

Unless your unlucky in life, or you lead a truly unhealthy life, GENETICS still plays the largest role in your life expectency.

Nowadays,Many people died at a very young age some died at their 50's, 40's and even at 30's maybe you will say that it is too young for them to die. There are lot's of reasons why most people now die at their 30's,40's and 50's. One of it's reasons are sedentary lifestyle, it includes drinking alcoholic beverages, eating fatty foods, sleeping too late, and stress.

Life has always been tenuous. Throughout history life expectancy has increased to what it is now, yet there are always those that die young from the babies to teenagers dying in accidents, to cancer victims in their 30's. It is not a new thing but a part of life. Some of it is hereditary, my moms aunt just died and she was 100 years old. Most of her side of the family lived to their 80's, yet my brother died when he was 50 when he drowned and my mother when she was 78. Fate is something we have no control over for is not everything pre-ordained to happen?

Forum List

Back