Dutch euthanasia law used kill alcoholic 41

If people want to die is it any of your business why?

The one and only thing in this world anyone has any control over is one's own existence.
If an adult can't come to grips with his own existential pain be it from addiction or abuse why can't they choose to end their lives?

Then do it yourself. don't get another actor involved, especially one that has connections to the State. Doesn't Holland have universal healthcare?

Why should someone risk bleeding out if they don't want one of their hands?

And I don't care who employs the Dr if a person wants to do pay a Dr to remove a body part then that's between him and his Dr and is none f your business

Such a person should get mental help, not cut their hand off. Same as someone who wants to die because of feels, and not a terminal painful illness.
That's your opinion.
Personally I don't think I have any right to tell anyone what they can or cannot do to his or her own body
Why do you feel you have the right to do so?

What i care about is that someone who is supposed to help a person's well being is allowed to kill them over mental issues.

So what if it's what the person wants?
The Dr doesn't have to actually kill him. He could merely prescribe enough drugs to be fatal and the patient can decide to take them or he could use a Kavorkian device and have the patient initiate the administration of the fatal drugs

Then do it yourself. don't get another actor involved, especially one that has connections to the State. Doesn't Holland have universal healthcare?

And I don't care who employs the Dr if a person wants to do pay a Dr to remove a body part then that's between him and his Dr and is none f your business

Such a person should get mental help, not cut their hand off. Same as someone who wants to die because of feels, and not a terminal painful illness.
That's your opinion.
Personally I don't think I have any right to tell anyone what they can or cannot do to his or her own body

What i care about is that someone who is supposed to help a person's well being is allowed to kill them over mental issues.

The Dr doesn't have to actually kill him. He could merely prescribe enough drugs to be fatal and the patient can decide to take them or he could use a Kavorkian device and have the patient initiate the administration of the fatal drugs

In this case the Dr actually applied the drug. He technically and legally killed him. It's a homicide, but one seemingly covered under this Dutch law.

I know it doesn't sound like I have much emotion.. but I don't really care. If someone wants to kill themselves, fine. Especially if they think its worth it over being distressed. They are weak and we have 7B people on this planet. Eugenics, man made epidemics or colonizing Mars in inevitable.

Crazy but his choice after all.

Was it? Was he mentally competent to make such a choice? How hard would it be for a person to convince you that because Hillary lost, you have no chance at a happy life? What if they told you that your death would make the baby Obama smile?

The mentally unstable are easily manipulated, Rati.

Yeah, that is so different from government

I'm not sure I follow your point?

You say "the mentally unstable are easily manipulated," I say yeah, that's so different than government and you ask what I mean?

I mean government is easily manipulated. That isn't a standard that makes sense to remove our ownership of our own bodies

Then let him do it himself, don't get medical people involved. More importantly don't let government controlled medical people get involved.
Why not? Sounds like he's been trying to kill himself with alcohol for years. And according to your article HE REQUESTED IT.

So a doctor should cut off someone's hand if they request it?

There is a huge difference between mercifully ending someone's pain when they are terminal and killing someone because they can't fix their drinking, or can't handle leaving their apartment, or feel paranoid that everyone is out to get them and can't deal with it.

Yep- I agree.

That's your opinion.

In this case the Dr actually applied the drug. He technically and legally killed him. It's a homicide, but one seemingly covered under this Dutch law.

That it's "homicide" is a circular argument. We're arguing it should be between the doctor and the patient, not you and the patient

Then let him do it himself, don't get medical people involved. More importantly don't let government controlled medical people get involved.
Why not? Sounds like he's been trying to kill himself with alcohol for years. And according to your article HE REQUESTED IT.

There is a huge difference between mercifully ending someone's pain when they are terminal and killing someone because they can't fix their drinking, or can't handle leaving their apartment, or feel paranoid that everyone is out to get them and can't deal with it.
I don't see a huge difference between him jumping of a bridge or getting a shot. Except the shot is probably cheaper. Not your choice in the long run.

That's your opinion.

That it's "homicide" is a circular argument. We're arguing it should be between the doctor and the patient, not you and the patient

The fact that the Dr committed the homicide isn't a circular argument. He killed the guy.

Was it? Was he mentally competent to make such a choice? How hard would it be for a person to convince you that because Hillary lost, you have no chance at a happy life? What if they told you that your death would make the baby Obama smile?

I'd happily support your right to take your own life. It's not my choice, it's yours.

I don't see a huge difference between him jumping of a bridge or getting a shot. Except the shot is probably cheaper. Not your choice in the long run.

The difference is a Doctor being the one doing it, and in Holland's case, someone who is paid to do things like this by the government.

In his quest for small government Marty thinks government should decide when we die. Hmm ... that isn't small government, is it?
No, and it's pretty surprising coming from him.

In his quest for small government Marty thinks government should decide when we die. Hmm ... that isn't small government, is it?

Again, he can do it himself. When he gets someone else involved, someone with connections to the government, that should start sounding alarm bells.
What connections to the government are you talking about, exactly?

Why? Again, if this was about terminally ill people, I can understand why they would do it.

But I have been depressed before, and yes, i drank during that time. The idea that someone could convince me in my weakened state to just end it, for possibly ulterior motives, and get a medical professional to assist in it legally, is troubling. even more so when you add in the possible connection between the government and said medical professional.

Again, he can do it himself. When he gets someone else involved, someone with connections to the government, that should start sounding alarm bells.
What connections to the government are you talking about, exactly?

In Holland they have government health care. I assume the Dr. was paid by the government to do this.

Yeah, that is so different from government

I'm not sure I follow your point?

You say "the mentally unstable are easily manipulated," I say yeah, that's so different than government and you ask what I mean?

I mean government is easily manipulated. That isn't a standard that makes sense to remove our ownership of our own bodies

Government is easily manipulated?

Good, I'm all in favor of government being euthanized.

basically they are offing anyone willing to be offed.....everyone has periods of being lonely or depressed or just have a hard time...this is just too fucking easy

Why? Again, if this was about terminally ill people, I can understand why they would do it.

But I have been depressed before, and yes, i drank during that time. The idea that someone could convince me in my weakened state to just end it, for possibly ulterior motives, and get a medical professional to assist in it legally, is troubling. even more so when you add in the possible connection between the government and said medical professional.
Doctor's are licensed by the government so ALL doctors are connected to the government in one way or another.

And according to your article, no one convinced this guy to do it. He convinced himself.

Forum List

Back