During GOP Debate, when RP asked about sick young man audience yells "Let him DIE!".

During the Republican Debate, Ron Paul was asked about a hypothetical young man without insurance who gets sick. Ron Paul said you have to live by your choices.

When the moderator asked, "So we should let him die?" and then the audience started wildly cheering, "Yea, let him die!".

And how many of those people in the audience were old and fat? Well, from what they were showing, most of them. How many have Medicare and Social Security? And they were cheering, "Let him die?" because he had no insurance?

I thought it was bad enough when they cheered when Rick Santorum talked about ending "Medicare".

These people are insane. What other explanation could there be?

This was one of the most shocking things I have ever seen in American politics.

The Republican Party is truely evil.

In the last two Repub debates the audience has cheered and applauded for death. The first time was with Gov Perry's record of executing convicted criminals and the second with applauding the hypothetical death of a 30 something year olld without insurance.

Anger is an emotion that is neither good nor bad. How we react to anger determines whether it is good or bad and applauding death whether innocent or guilty is always bad.

“If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as a sorry state as the souls who live under tyranny.”
― Thomas Jefferson

More lies about Dr Paul - some of the audience may have been jerks but Dr Paul has more compassion in his little finger than anyone in DC. I find it interesting that the same people who support Nation Healthcare are also pro-choice and love to chant "Keep your hands off my body" Guess what with Obamacare the governments hands will be ALL OVER YOUR BODY!!! Visit a VA Hospital - that's what government healthcare looks like, I find it appalling our vets are treated this way, and so does Dr Paul he proposes that we give vets a voucher so they get to go to any doctor they choose - FOR FREE!!!!

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“DO NO HARM”
Dr. Ron Paul spent his entire career in the medical profession working to uphold this simple principle by ensuring his patients received the best care he could give them, even if they could not afford it.

Dr. Paul understands the key to effective and efficient medical care is the doctor-patient relationship. Yet, federal bureaucrats continue to believe that their one-size-fits-all policies will lower costs, increase access, and cure an ailing industry.

Instead, excessive regulation, immoral mandates, and short-sighted incentives have created a system where no one is happy, doctors pass quickly from one patient to the next, insurance is expensive to get and difficult to maintain, and politicians place corporate interests ahead of their constituents.

FREEDOM NOT FORCE
The answer to our nation’s health care crisis lies in freedom – not force.

As President, Ron Paul will fight to put you back in control of your health care decisions, save you money on medical expenses, and institute reforms that will once again make America’s health care system the standard for other nations to follow.

He will work with Congress to:

* Repeal ObamaCare and end its unconstitutional mandate that all Americans must carry only government-approved health insurance or answer to the IRS.

* Allow purchase of health insurance across state lines.

* Provide tax credits and deductions for all medical expenses.

* Exempt those with terminal illnesses from the employee portion of payroll taxes while they are suffering from such illnesses or are incurring significant medical costs associated with their conditions.

* Give a payroll deduction to any worker who is the primary caregiver for a spouse, parent, or child with a terminal illness.

* Ensure that those harmed during medical treatment receive fair compensation while reducing the burden of costly malpractice litigation on the health care system by providing a tax credit for “negative outcomes” insurance purchased before medical treatment.

* Guarantee that what is taken from taxpayers to pay for Medicare and Medicaid is not raided for other purposes.

* Make all Americans eligible for Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) and remove government-imposed barriers to obtaining HSAs.

* Stop the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) from interfering with Americans’ knowledge of and access to dietary supplements and alternative treatments.

* Prevent federal bureaucrats from tracking every citizen’s medical history from cradle to grave by prohibiting the use of taxpayer funds for a national database of personal health information.

Ron Paul proudly worked every day to honor the trust his patients placed in him, and he will do the same as President with the confidence of the American people, who deserve a government that “does no harm” to their health care.

You are still going on about that.

The thing about it, Michael Schiavo was kind of a creep. He should have just turned over custody of Terry to her parents. He had moved on to another woman, after all.

If she wasn't in any pain, what was the big deal. If she was, then she was still very much alive. None of his rationals for unplugging her made sense.

If her parents were willing to assume the costs of her continued care, they should have been allowed to do so.

See why they love FDR and his Tuskegee Syphilis Experiments
Frank, I'm curious. Why do you never mention that those experiments were started under Hoover?

1) First, it was a study, not an "experiment".

2) When it began under Hoover, there was no treatment for syhpilis. By the 1940's, penicillin had been developed. The criminal part of the study was that a possible cure was found, and the people running the study didn't inform the people involved it was available. And, yes, this happened on FDR's watch, not Hoovers.

- Now, in defense, these guys were in the advanced stages of the disease, when their brains started getting turned into Swiss Cheeze. It was not known at that time if penicillin would be effective in the later stages.

I didn't either when I was single, but once the family came insurance was the responsible thing to do. I couldn't imagine being 30 with a family and chancing it without insurance, incredibly irresponsible.
Must be that conservative upbringing that taught me to look out for my own.

Once, family health insurance was somewhat affordable. Once, every employer offered health insurance. Now, young couples face difficult economic choices when it comes to insurance

Do you pay your college loans? The rent check? Utilities? How do you pay that $2000 repair bill on the car you need to get to work?

You have a $500 monthly bill on that family insurance policy. You feel healthy and think you can get by for a few years until you are in better financial shape.

Do you deserve to die for that decision?

No you don't but you also don't deserve to be bailed out by me because you took that gamble while I struggled and went without 3 meals a day because I decided to buy the health insurance.

Why should I be responsible for some other guys failed gamble? What's next your going to tell me to bail out GM when they make bad choices or the banks? Oh wait!

I doesn't bother you.....that you're....

(from video...)​

REP. ZACH WAMP: Half the people that are uninsured today choose to remain uninsured. Half of them don't have any choice but half of them choose to, what's called, go naked, and just take the chance of getting sick. They end up in the emergency room costing you and me a whole lot more money.

WENDELL POTTER: He used the word naked. It's an industry term for those who, presumably, choose not to buy insurance, because they don't want to. They don't want to pay the premiums. So he was saying that half... Well, first of all, it's nothing like that. It was an absolutely ridiculous comment. But it's an example of a member of Congress buying what the insurance industry is peddling.

*​

BILL MOYERS: You told Congress that the industry has hijacked our health care system and turned it into a giant ATM for Wall Street. You said, "I saw how they confuse their customers and dump the sick, all so they can satisfy their Wall Street investors." How do they satisfy their Wall Street investors?

WENDELL POTTER: Well, there's a measure of profitability that investors look to, and it's called a medical loss ratio. And it's unique to the health insurance industry. And by medical loss ratio, I mean that it's a measure that tells investors or anyone else how much of a premium dollar is used by the insurance company to actually pay medical claims. And that has been shrinking, over the years, since the industry's been dominated by, or become dominated by for-profit insurance companies. Back in the early '90s, or back during the time that the Clinton plan was being debated, 95 cents out of every dollar was sent, you know, on average was used by the insurance companies to pay claims. Last year, it was down to just slightly above 80 percent.

So, investors want that to keep shrinking. And if they see that an insurance company has not done what they think meets their expectations with the medical loss ratio, they'll punish them. Investors will start leaving in droves.

I've seen a company stock price fall 20 percent in a single day, when it did not meet Wall Street's expectations with this medical loss ratio."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QwX_soZ1GI]BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | Wendell Potter | PBS - YouTube[/ame]​

And Rightwinger, way to avoid the accurate criticisms by me of how the left treats the tea party ;)
Please!!!!

The typical Teabagger (I've seen) has never had a "clue", regarding politics.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y]9.12 DC TEA PARTY - MARCH FOOTAGE WITH INTERVIEWS - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fevga9jUC48]9.12 DC TEA PARTY - INTERVIEW B-ROLL - YouTube[/ame]

.....and, never felt any need to get "involved" (in politics), until some Black-dude got the Presidency!!!!

It doesn't GET any-more-obvious, than when they're asked a direct-question (about politics/policy)!!!!!

.....And, THEY'RE the ones who suggest a test should be taken......before anyone's allowed to vote??!!!

323.png

During the Republican Debate, Ron Paul was asked about a hypothetical young man without insurance who gets sick. Ron Paul said you have to live by your choices.

When the moderator asked, "So we should let him die?" and then the audience started wildly cheering, "Yea, let him die!".

The Republican Party has lost its way, and has moved away from the teachings of our Lord. It will take a REAL "Compassionate Conservative" like Ronald Reagan to bring the GOP back into God's good graces. We have not seen that Candidate yet:eusa_pray:
Whew.

Not much of a historian....are you?

:eusa_eh:

"Despite his aw shucks style, Reagan found virtually every anticommunist action justified, no matter how brutal. From his eight years in the White House, there is no historical indication that he was troubled by the bloodbath and even genocide that occurred in Central America during his presidency, while he was shipping hundreds of millions of dollars in military aid to the implicated forces."

And how many of those people in the audience were old and fat? Well, from what they were showing, most of them. How many have Medicare and Social Security? And they were cheering, "Let him die?" because he had no insurance?

I thought it was bad enough when they cheered when Rick Santorum talked about ending "Medicare".

You know I get more than a little tired of people who seem to deliberately mis-characterize what has been said and what it really means.

Ron Paul was asked about what government should do in the event someone had refused to buy health insurance and then became ill and was asked "so we should just let him die?" He wasn't asked about people who didn't have it because they couldn't afford it -but those who could but chose not to buy it! And yes -even I agree if someone can afford to buy health insurance but chooses not to -it is their right not to buy it. But they must also live with the consequences of choosing not to buy it!
So.....if you're told someone CHOSE not to buy health-insurance....that's all you need to hear, huh?

:eusa_eh:

You Libertarians/"conservatives"/whatever need to get-OVER the idea that every-issue is.....

Last edited:
Well the cartoon one showed up..This is a fitting end to a stupid thread.

Today is a new day, Time for ANOTHER Faux outrage. eh?:lol:

And Rightwinger, way to avoid the accurate criticisms by me of how the left treats the tea party ;)
Please!!!!

The typical Teabagger (I've seen) has never had a "clue", regarding politics.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y]9.12 DC TEA PARTY - MARCH FOOTAGE WITH INTERVIEWS - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fevga9jUC48]9.12 DC TEA PARTY - INTERVIEW B-ROLL - YouTube[/ame]

.....and, never felt any need to get "involved" (in politics), until some Black-dude got the Presidency!!!!

It doesn't GET any-more-obvious, than when they're asked a direct-question (about politics/policy)!!!!!

.....And, THEY'RE the ones who suggest a test should be taken......before anyone's allowed to vote??!!!

323.png

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws]Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - YouTube[/ame]

If someone destroys a sea turtle nest they have violated the law; if a women has an abortion within the limits imposed by Roe, she has not violated the law.

That's the point. What's being questioned is a law against killing unborn sea turtles but no law against killing unborn humans.

So the egg of an unborn animal out weighs the egg of an unborn human? Liberal minds are sick

Sea turtles are a higher form of life.

I know you have been a loyal Tea Party member from the beginning and respect your views on curbing spending

However, your Tea Party movement was long ago taken over by a certain cable news network and the ultra conservative wing of the Republican party

One just has to look at the Iowa Tea Party and the pledges they make candidates sign up to. Those are not no tax pledges but also include anti gay marriage, anti abortion, pro gun and other social issues

I'd love to see the Tea Party take a more independent stand. I can't say I'm opposed to their goal of transforming the Republican party, but it's become increasingly difficult to tell who is transforming who. The Tea Party started with a solid goal that could have (and still can) appeal to a broad range of voters. As they've allowed the Republicans to water down their aims, and import more and more traditional authoritarian, 'big conservative' values, they've compromised their integrity, imho.

Well the cartoon one showed up..This is a fitting end to a stupid thread.

Today is a new day, Time for ANOTHER Faux outrage. eh?:lol:
....While you're unable to address any-and-all issues.

:eusa_whistle:

You Teabaggers are tooooooooooooo obvious.​

Forum List

Back