Duh!!! The difference between me a conservative and liberals/FFOs,progressives is :

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I believe people are fundamentally going to do the RIGHT thing most of the time without the government telling them what they can't do!
Versus liberals/FFOs/progressives think most people are not capable of doing the RIGHT thing most of the time hence more and more laws, rules and regulations.
I and conservatives see the use of "Laws",rules and regulations" as man made ways of controlling people RATHER then teaching via religious,secular and ordinary good people examples the simple Golden Rule!
"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you"!
This simple easy rule IS what drives most people everyday to do the right thing! It is the liberals,etc. that believe the EXCEPTION situation, always happens! The reality is IF the liberals/etc. premise WAS true
there would be NO civilization as it is totally impossible for any person to obey ALL the laws,rules and regulations ALL the time. Most people are good. That has to be a reality because there has never been enough enforcement people to force me and others to obey all the laws!
Why I don't go 50mph in a 20mph zone is I know the law of physics means I can't stop fast enough if I'm going 50mph to keep from hitting that kid! It is the sign that makes me slow down... it is the reality!
This is a simple example but everyday most of us DO the right thing because THAT is how most of us
get along with each other...NOT the laws,rules and regulations!

I believe people are fundamentally going to do the RIGHT thing most of the time without the government telling them what they can't do!
You have a better chance sticking with a belief in this:
deluxe-easter-bunny-costume.jpg

He's more likely to pay off...

So I take it you think people are generally bad and would do the wrong thing if there were no laws?
I don't have to "think it", I have all of human history to prove it...

It's called using your head instead of your heart. Liberals are guided by their emotions so no logical argument can be received.
The idiot liberal who goes 50mph in a 20mph zone because there is no cop around ignores the laws of physics and consequently an innocent child maybe hurt...even though there is a LAW!
That is my point that for all the rules,laws and regulations, common sense, laws of nature really come into play MORE often as civilization attests then people blindly adhering to man-made laws,etc....i.e. if we didn't all operate with a modicum of common sense society wouldn't be as it is now. Unfortunately as we are seeing more frequently "common" sense is missing in more and more of us!

So I take it you think people are generally bad and would do the wrong thing if there were no laws?
I don't have to "think it", I have all of human history to prove it...

But you are PROVING my point! If the majority of people were evil as you contend and the majority of people constantly do the wrong and evil deeds you identify as happening ALL the time and everywhere which is what I'm saying DOESN"T happen we
wouldn't be conversing!
We'd still be in caves. Still fighting like animals.
At some point mankind was able to be more then animals which is WHAT you contend!
YOU think mankind is basically evil. That ALL of us are like Stalin, Mao, Genghis Khan,etc. evil leaders that murdered millions obviously isn't the case or else YOU wouldn't be here.
People are inherently good because if we weren't we wouldn't be here today is my point!

People are inherently good because if we weren't we wouldn't be here today is my point!
And it's a dumbass point, and entirely untrue. There aren't seven billion of us on the planet because we are moral, there are seven billion of us because we aren't...

So I take it you think all 7 billion of us are inherently evil? BAD? Right?
Which is really ironic because THAT'S what the religious leaders preach constantly that all humans are bad and need to be saved.
So are you a born again Christian???

It's called using your head instead of your heart. Liberals are guided by their emotions so no logical argument can be received.
The idiot liberal who goes 50mph in a 20mph zone because there is no cop around ignores the laws of physics and consequently an innocent child maybe hurt...even though there is a LAW!
That is my point that for all the rules,laws and regulations, common sense, laws of nature really come into play MORE often as civilization attests then people blindly adhering to man-made laws,etc....i.e. if we didn't all operate with a modicum of common sense society wouldn't be as it is now. Unfortunately as we are seeing more frequently "common" sense is missing in more and more of us!
That's pretty much the way it's been in man's history. If you hurt someone, you'd pay the price. If you were too lazy to work, no one was going to feed you. If you insulted somebody you had to back it up.

You can go from the country to the big city and see how people get fucked up as common sense goes out the window.

That's pretty much the way it's been in man's history. If you hurt someone, you'd pay the price. If you were too lazy to work, no one was going to feed you. If you insulted somebody you had to back it up.

You can go from the country to the big city and see how people get fucked up as common sense goes out the window.

Agree with a lot of your points. Good example of "country" vs "big city" helping out is the "barn raising". Sound familiar?
Barn raising, also historically called a "raising bee" or "rearing" in the U.K., describes a collective action of a community, in which a barn for one of the members is built or rebuilt collectively by members of the community. Barn raising was particularly common in 18th- and 19th-century rural North America.
Many rural people did help outs like above and that spirit isn't as common in "big cities"... but there are efforts where people help each other out.

Forum List

Back