Dude, Where's My Mod?

Golly, it seems I ran out of party gifts and don't have one for Jethro.
crackmeup.gif

This is just concrete proof this board is dominated by right wing pea brains...hey, maybe I'm wrong, this board is dominated by the brain DEAD...

If DUDe is a mod, then I'm going to become a rocker...

:eusa_eh: You need an excuse to become a rocker?

The reference has nothing to do with music...

The Mods and Rockers were two conflicting British youth subcultures of the early-mid 1960s.

Gangs of mods and rockers fighting in 1964 sparked a moral panic about British youths, and the two groups were seen as folk devils. The rockers adopted a macho biker gang image, wearing clothes such as black leather jackets. The mods adopted a pose of scooter-driving sophistication, wearing suits and other cleancut outfits.

soooooooooo dude tell me...how is your first 48 hours on the job going ?
More amusing I could have imagined.

Thanks for asking. :)

Feel free to ban me for 5 minutes or so if you want to give the ban button a try out. Go ahead......I trust you.....I think......

Do you want to be the experiment? The same button can ban permanently if he gets it wrong. ... and I think we'd miss you ... maybe ... hopefully ... who are you again? :razz:

This is just concrete proof this board is dominated by right wing pea brains...hey, maybe I'm wrong, this board is dominated by the brain DEAD...

The Mods and Rockers were two conflicting British youth subcultures of the early-mid 1960s.

Gangs of mods and rockers fighting in 1964 sparked a moral panic about British youths, and the two groups were seen as folk devils. The rockers adopted a macho biker gang image, wearing clothes such as black leather jackets. The mods adopted a pose of scooter-driving sophistication, wearing suits and other cleancut outfits.
Back in the mid 60's where I was living, they were known as Beta's, and Greasers....yes, you would make a good greaser.

:redface: Bah! I never did claim to know everything. Learned something new today! W00t!

So our self-claimed "Goldwater libertarian" is into adopting images (posing) and sparking riots.

Duly noted.

Hey DUDe, why don't you and I discuss Barry Goldwater and libertarianism instead of you just being a spectator and making snide remarks from the peanut galley... I don't think you have the gonads, and I know you don't have the knowledge.

So what will it be DUD......e?

"Those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version of heaven on earth. And let me remind you, they are the very ones who always create the most hellish tyrannies. Absolute power does corrupt, and those who seek it must be suspect and must be opposed. Their mistaken course stems from false notions of equality, ladies and gentlemen. Equality, rightly understood, as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences. Wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism."
Barry Goldwater

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
So our self-claimed "Goldwater libertarian" is into adopting images (posing) and sparking riots.

Duly noted.

Hey DUDe, why don't you and I discuss Barry Goldwater and libertarianism instead of you just being a spectator and making snide remarks from the peanut galley... I don't think you have the gonads, and I know you don't have the knowledge.

"Those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version of heaven on earth. And let me remind you, they are the very ones who always create the most hellish tyrannies. Absolute power does corrupt, and those who seek it must be suspect and must be opposed. Their mistaken course stems from false notions of equality, ladies and gentlemen. Equality, rightly understood, as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences. Wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism."
Barry Goldwater
I've seen your manic posts and compared them to how real libertarians (I'm a member of the LP, BTW) think and act and, besides the quotes of well known libertarians you cower behind, you wash out as a wannabe poseur.....Not at all unlike Bill Maher.

Maybe you need to catch up on your F.A. Hayek and Robert Nozick.

dude you should move the thread over to the flame zone now ;)

i'm jealous i want to move and merge threads all day and mediate disputes.

Meh!

Almost every party has a few boorish crashers, who feel they need to come in and try to float a few turds in the punch bowl.

Ah and we aren't going to let the turd punch ruin the party ;)

I'm down

Duly noted.

Barry Goldwater
I've seen your manic posts and compared them to how real libertarians (I'm a member of the LP, BTW) think and act and, besides the quotes of well known libertarians you cower behind, you wash out as a wannabe poseur.....Not at all unlike Bill Maher.

Maybe you need to catch up on your F.A. Hayek and Robert Nozick.

So I guess that's a no 'eh DUD...e WHY am I not surprised...

Cowardice is your best attribute...

Forum List

Back