Duck Commander Sticks to Principles

If each and every person who wanted to destroy political correctness engaged in such an act of rebellion every day, it would soon fall. Every one of us who wants to destroy the thought police.

It is absolutely appropriate to mention bestiality and homosexuality in the same sentence. Acceptance of one leads to acceptance of the other and has every where homosexuality has been normalized.

As Phil Robertson said, treat gays with respect as we treat all human beings with respect, but do not accept their behavior as normal behavior. Do not accept it nor tolerate it. Let them live their private lives without imposing their homosexual activity on those who reject it.

An ignororant and rich redneck has every right to speak as an ignorant and rich redneck. Agreed. And I have the right to label his views for what they are. Never watched the guys show, never will. Don't have the time for lowest common denominator shows.

I've noticed that when you don't have an actual debate point, you fall back on far left programmed talking points.

Do you see gays as a race like you do "blacks"?

Well, since I am gay and since I know without a shadow of a doubt that I was born this way, I'd have to say yes I do equate being gay with other innate traits like skin color.

Does it being innate change how you treat someone else? Do you think it's okay to treat gays with less respect than you would treat other minorities just because you believe they choose to be gay?

So if someone is born with the sprit of the lord in them, why do you treat them differently than you do gays and "blacks"?

You aren't born a religion. That is, without a shadow of a doubt, a choice. It's a very well protected choice...I mean I can't fire you for choosing a particular religion and yet you can fire me because I was born gay.

Where are the religious being "treated differently"? If the star of a popular reality show spoke out against a particular religion I would expect their network to put out a statement that the views of their reality star do not reflect the views of the station, wouldn't you?

And for the record there is no such thing as the gay race since gays can be white, black, yellow, purple, etc.

The far left pundit did that in order to ask their far left question filled with their far left talking points and propaganda.

Nobody said being gay was a race any more than being a gender is a race. I said it was an innate trait, not a race.

Well, since I am gay and since I know without a shadow of a doubt that I was born this way, I'd have to say yes I do equate being gay with other innate traits like skin color.

Does it being innate change how you treat someone else? Do you think it's okay to treat gays with less respect than you would treat other minorities just because you believe they choose to be gay?

So if someone is born with the sprit of the lord in them, why do you treat them differently than you do gays and "blacks"?

You aren't born a religion. That is, without a shadow of a doubt, a choice. It's a very well protected choice...I mean I can't fire you for choosing a particular religion and yet you can fire me because I was born gay.

Where are the religious being "treated differently"? If the star of a popular reality show spoke out against a particular religion I would expect their network to put out a statement that the views of their reality star do not reflect the views of the station, wouldn't you?

What studies have been done to show that there is no connection to being born with the spirit of Christ?

Please post them.

And for the record there is no such thing as the gay race since gays can be white, black, yellow, purple, etc.

The far left pundit did that in order to ask their far left question filled with their far left talking points and propaganda.

Nobody said being gay was a race any more than being a gender is a race. I said it was an innate trait, not a race.

Actually you did say it:

I'd have to say yes I do equate being gay with other innate traits like skin color.

So now you are back tracking and using known far left tactics.

If you want to discuss this fine, but leave your far left religion out of it.

No such thing as a gay race?

Does that mean we are free to discriminate against them?

What studies have been done to show that there is no connection to being born with the spirit of Christ?

Please post them.

Well, I see you've decided that debating wasn't what you wanted after all and you wanted to play "let's spin the strawman" and you want me to prove a negative.

I say that in a free society it doesn't matter if religion is innate (and how about you post those studies that say it is) or a choice.

Now, would you like to finally answer MY questions about whether or not a network should make statements that they don't support a bigoted position of their reality star if that reality star made them in an interview? If a reality star made disparaging comments about evangelical Christians, lumping them in with cult members or Westboro Baptist members... would you want someone to call them out on it?

No such thing as a gay race?

Does that mean we are free to discriminate against them?
Who did that?

Actually you did say it:

I'd have to say yes I do equate being gay with other innate traits like skin color.

So race is the only innate trait there is? Are you stupid, drunk or just really far right?

Please post them.

Well, I see you've decided that debating wasn't what you wanted after all and you wanted to play "let's spin the strawman" and you want me to prove a negative.

I say that in a free society it doesn't matter if religion is innate (and how about you post those studies that say it is) or a choice.

Now, would you like to finally answer MY questions about whether or not a network should make statements that they don't support a bigoted position of their reality star if that reality star made them in an interview? If a reality star made disparaging comments about evangelical Christians, lumping them in with cult members or Westboro Baptist members... would you want someone to call them out on it?
That's not what A&E did, is it. They should have just issued a statement.

Please post them.

Yes you have shown that the spin was started by you claiming that gays with race.

So yes you got caught (once again) in the far left propaganda talking points.

Just own up to it.

How is he bigoted? Like you are bigoted? Is this just a projection of your bigotry on others?

Actually you did say it:

So race is the only innate trait there is? Are you stupid, drunk or just really far right?

Once again the far left propaganda spin machine takes over.

Is a sexual attraction to animals an innate trait, or to children, or to one's sister, or to a dozen men and women? Of course it is. The drive to become a serial killer is an innate trait.

Like homosexuality, these are all behaviors. Behaviors can be controlled or not. They can be tolerated or not.

Please post them.

That's not what A&E did, is it. They should have just issued a statement.

So? That's up to A&E, but it's not what GLAAD called for. I've not seen a single person that has called for the doucheass to be fired.

Please post them.

Yes you have shown that the spin was started by you claiming that gays with race.

So yes you got caught (once again) in the far left propaganda talking points.

Just own up to it.

How is he bigoted? Like you are bigoted? Is this just a projection of your bigotry on others?

Sorry, but I'm done playing the game where you ask me questions (which I answer) while you play off my questions as "far left propaganda" and refuse to answer. He's a bigot because he equates consenting adult gays with things that actually do harm and do not involve consent. He's a bigot because he thinks blacks were happier before the Civil Rights Act.

Oh look I went and answered your questions again despite you still not having answered a single one of mine.

in·nate
iˈnāt/Submit
adjective
1. inborn; natural.

I said that sexual orientation is an innate trait like race or gender. I did not say gay is a race.

Is a sexual attraction to animals an innate trait, or to children, or to one's sister, or to a dozen men and women? Of course it is. The drive to become a serial killer is an innate trait.

Like homosexuality, these are all behaviors. Behaviors can be controlled or not. They can be tolerated or not.

Yes they can and since we are "behavin'" with consenting adults and our society has decided we tolerate that, you can move to Russia, Uganda or Iran to bash gay heads in.

Everyone in America has a right to hate anyone they want

Phil Robertson proves that

And as Secty Kerry said, in America, you have the right to be stupid.

His fans prove that.

But, really, none of this has been a surprise. Not his archaic, anti-christian beliefs or the reactions of our backward and anti-christian right wing.

Is there really anyone who expected better from either one?

Everyone in America has a right to hate anyone they want

Phil Robertson proves that

And as Secty Kerry said, in America, you have the right to be stupid.

His fans prove that.

But, really, none of this has been a surprise. Not his archaic, anti-christian beliefs or the reactions of our backward and anti-christian right wing.

Is there really anyone who expected better from either one?

Duck Dynasty is doomed

It is seeing a momentary resurgence as Conservative gay haters flock to prove they are right. But Robertsons days as a good ole boy from the swamps spouting folksy sayings are over.

He has doubled down on his anti-gay rhetoric and will become a spokesperson for the "God hates fags" crowd. He can probably earn a living in the bible belt but the days of Duck Dynasty are numbered

Tell me something....what does it look like in your perfect little "non PC" world? Everyone walk around calling people the N word or the F word for gay man?

What is so wrong with being decent to your fellow human being? When did simple respect become "politically correct"?

Great question!

In my little world, especially because we're lucky enough to live in this country, we allow people to say what they're thinking, even if we don't like it.

Why?

Because it provides us with an excellent opportunity to engage that person in mature, civil public debate.

Why do we want to do that?

Well, two reasons: First, with patience, honesty and passion, we may be able to change their mind, or at least soften/alter it somewhat. But probably more importantly, if we can do it in public, we may be able to change/alter the minds of many others. And we did it organically, by truly changing hearts and minds, rather than exacerbating animosities through punishment, which just makes it take that much longer to change hearts and minds. We do it civilly and through the culture. Like adults.

For some reason you seem to think that I like racial and gay slurs. I do not, and I never use them. You will never see me do so, nor will you see me agreeing with someone who does. In fact, I may very well dislike them just as much as you. And unless I know who is thinking such thoughts, I'll never be able to change their hearts and minds -- sometimes through debate, sometimes through leading by example -- and progress is slowed.

Thanks for the question.

Does that make sense?

So what is wrong with pointing out that these slurs are not acceptable in our society? What makes that "political correctness" and not just simple human decency?

When alec baldwin really demeaned gays. Where were you? I didn't hear any outrage from you. So tell me is he a bigot?

Forum List

Back