Duck Commander Sticks to Principles

As he should, no one would expect him to do otherwise; he has every right to defend his hate and ignorance.

Otherwise, there’s no such thing as ‘political correctness,’ the objections to Robertson’s hate and ignorance were perfectly appropriate, having nothing to do with being ‘thin-skinned.’
The problem.....there was no hate nor ignorance. But an E for effort.

And you don't see any hate or ignorance in this statement because?

"Women with women. Men with men. They committed indecent acts with one another. And they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. They're full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant God haters. They are heartless. They are faithless. They are senseless. They are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil."

'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson: Five more debate-worthy quotes - latimes.com

btw to the rest of you Robertson worshippers...

what are the 'principles' Robertson is sticking to when he stands behind the above quote?

More far left propaganda!

The important lesson from this Robertson affair...

You apparently cannot say anything bad enough about gays to where you'll get a consensus of condemnation from the USMB right.

As far as we know anyway.

"Women with women. Men with men. They committed indecent acts with one another. And they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. They're full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant God haters. They are heartless. They are faithless. They are senseless. They are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil."

what are the 'principles' Robertson is sticking to when he stands behind the above quote?

I couldn't see his reply until you quoted him.

I see nothing stated by Robertson that is half of the rabid hatred that people like the racist carby say about the right and the GOP on a daily basis.

The problem is, they think that if you don't hold their values, then you are an ignorant and hate filled bigot. They even have to lie about what people stand for in order to prove their point.

You apparently cannot say anything bad enough about gays to where you'll get a consensus of condemnation from the USMB right.

I don't have to agree with the statement to know that the person or persons should not be prevented from saying it.. it is you and those siding with you who bases it on how someone feels or cries

A verbatim quote is propaganda now? Or are you just struggling to participate while burdened with an extremely limited vocabulary?

I don't have to agree with the statement to know that the person or persons should not be prevented from saying it.. it is you and those siding with you who bases it on how someone feels or cries

Since I'm quoting it, he obviously wasn't prevented from saying it.

His right to proselytize on behalf of a religion he believes considers gays evil however is no different than others' right to argue that corporations shouldn't pay him to perform.

I see nothing stated by Robertson that is half of the rabid hatred that people like the racist carby say about the right and the GOP on a daily basis.

The problem is, they think that if you don't hold their values, then you are an ignorant and hate filled bigot. They even have to lie about what people stand for in order to prove their point.

No, you're a hatefilled bigot because you agree with Robertson.

Since I'm quoting it, he obviously wasn't prevented from saying it.

His right to proselytize on behalf of a religion he believes considers gays evil however is no different than others' right to argue that corporations shouldn't pay him to perform.

I have no problem with a company reacting and suspending... even if I don't agree with the action.. what I oppose is this slanderous crap with labeling the guy as a hate monger, etc etc etc...

You see.. ones like me do not call for the idiots like Stewart or MadCow or whomever else to be kicked off... but if they lose ratings or go against company policy, and then get kicked off, so be it

Yes.. because a person being against the chosen actions or lifestyle of another person makes them a 'hate filled bigot ' :rolleyes:

No.. a hate filled bigot would be one who actually does something against another person do to something in their physical makeup, disability, etc...

And IMHO, people have the absolute freedom to be tolerant appeasers just as they do to be 'bigots' anyway...

I can think you are going to hell for being a person who chooses to put their socks on before their underwear.. I can be against those actions and speak ill of them.. I am doing nothing wrong unless I actually infringe upon your rights and/or freedoms

Phil was politically correct and did not use any "slurs" in what he said, but the way many on the far left are acting as if he did. Show's where the true hatred lies, it is in the far left.

You've just identified a fundamental difference between liberalism and conservatism.

Conservatives don't consider this a slur:

It is an opinion based on his faith, just like when you post things based on your far left faith.

Whether one agrees or disagrees with what he said it irrelevant to the far left, it is "hatred" and must be silenced.

And no it is not a slur based on his belief. Your belief it is, but the slurs you make against those that are to the right of you are not that much different.

Like I said, there's nothing so bad anyone can say about gays that the right on USMB will condemn it.

If the quote above isn't a vicious anti-gay slur, then why don't you compose a genuine anti-gay slur,

and then show us the difference. Show us why yours is and Robertson's isn't.

oh, that's a given.

they actually don't even care if you actually hate gays or others or not - as long as you don't talk about it - the left is OK.
One of our leftards told this yesterday and the other confirmed today.

Yes.. because a person being against the chosen actions or lifestyle of another person makes them a 'hate filled bigot ' :rolleyes:

No.. a hate filled bigot would be one who actually does something against another person do to something in their physical makeup, disability, etc...

And IMHO, people have the absolute freedom to be tolerant appeasers just as they do to be 'bigots' anyway...

I can think you are going to hell for being a person who chooses to put their socks on before their underwear.. I can be against those actions and speak ill of them.. I am doing nothing wrong unless I actually infringe upon your rights and/or freedoms

So an anti-semitic speech isn't really anti-semitic because it's just words?

lolol.

As he should, no one would expect him to do otherwise; he has every right to defend his hate and ignorance.

Otherwise, there’s no such thing as ‘political correctness,’ the objections to Robertson’s hate and ignorance were perfectly appropriate, having nothing to do with being ‘thin-skinned.’

That homosexuality is a sin and whoever accepts it as normal behavior is a sinner if they believe that homosexuality is sinful.

One of the more unpleasant things about that quote I posted is that Robertson takes a Bible passage and then intentionally butchers it to make it look even more specifically and comprehensively defamatory towards homosexuals than it actually is,

and it was bad enough verbatim, lol.

So an anti-semitic speech isn't really anti-semitic because it's just words?

lolol.

If I call you a dirty atheist and say all atheists are garbage and would be better off dead... so be it.. it does not infringe upon your rights or freedoms... I could say the same about those who practice Shinto...

And while you can disagree all you want.. it is nothing more than expressing ones self by utilizing free speech

It is YOU and your ilk who want to make something punishable and call for retaliation.. well, except when you and your ilk do it to someone else for their actions, beliefs, or choices

I like this Leno line on the topic:

“It seems Phil Robertson, one of the stars of Duck Dynasty has been suspended from the show after he criticized gays, so gay people are upset with him. Then he went on to criticize adulterers, drunks and swindlers and now Congress is mad at him!”

One of the more unpleasant things about that quote I posted is that Robertson takes a Bible passage and then intentionally butchers it to make it look even more specifically and comprehensively defamatory towards homosexuals than it actually is,

and it was bad enough verbatim, lol.

Kinda like how Obama and others butcher the passages and rules of the constitution??

A&E turned the Duck Dynasty marathon which was supposed to last 7 hours into a super marathon.

A&E celebrates Christmas with ?Duck Dynasty? super marathon | Fox News

The channel is celebrating Christmas with a staggering 25 consecutive episodes of their No. 1 show, beginning at 3:30 p.m. on Christmas Day and running until the wee hours of Dec. 26.

According to the schedule on A&E’s website, the Robertsons will take over the channel until 4 a.m., and then paid programming —meaning infomercials—will kick in.

And don’t think controversial papa Phil will be left out of the Christmas Day airings. He is a key character in plenty of the episodes scheduled to air, including “Quack-O-Lantern” and “Drag me to Glory.”

For Christmas, A&E is just giving the fans what they want, said Cate Meighan, senior writer for Celeb Dirty Laundry.

“I think, honestly, it’s A&E trying to play both sides of the coin,” she said. “They’ve come out and not supported Phil’s statements… however they’re also looking at the backlash from the fans, and they have a huge amount of backlash from the fans.”

I like this Leno line on the topic:

“It seems Phil Robertson, one of the stars of Duck Dynasty has been suspended from the show after he criticized gays, so gay people are upset with him. Then he went on to criticize adulterers, drunks and swindlers and now Congress is mad at him!”
Ha!

Forum List

Back