Dubai amusement park plans to add $454 million Six Flags

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Dubai has certainly built and is continuing to build so many things for people to entertain themselves with during their stay. No doubt the locals are also appreciating these things.

• Associated Press

Monday, March 28, 2016 2:01pm

500712534_16950385_8col.jpg

An architectural model of the Dubai Parks and Resorts complex is displayed at their site office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. A massive Dubai amusement park project still under construction plans a $454-million addition to include a Six Flags to its resort, the company said Monday, yet another major bet on tourism by the attraction backed by the city-state's ruler. [Associated Press]

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — A massive Dubai amusement park project still under construction plans a $454 million addition to include a Six Flags, the company said Monday, yet another major bet on tourism by the attraction backed by the city-state's ruler.

The new spending by Dubai Parks & Resorts, which already includes Bollywood and movie-themed parks, as well as a Legoland, will put the cost of the entire project in the sprawling desert southwest of the city at well over $3 billion.

And by adding the Six Flags, it appears the company hopes to exorcise the lingering memory of another massive amusement park planned here before

Continue reading at:

and there was another high rise fire, this time an apartment building.

I think dubai is loosing their culture. They are jumping into the 21st C but their roots is commercialized and their art hidden in the architecture.
What happens when the oil boom crashes?
What is they become targets for being to western?
Nice people, welcoming country but now it has little to resemble the past.

and there was another high rise fire, this time an apartment building.

I think dubai is loosing their culture. They are jumping into the 21st C but their roots is commercialized and their art hidden in the architecture.
What happens when the oil boom crashes?
What is they become targets for being to western?
Nice people, welcoming country but now it has little to resemble the past.

I think everyone there, Aris, realizes that even if it is becoming modern, it is still a Muslim country7 where the rules have to be followed. I think the Emirates are counting more on the tourist trade after all their planned projects are built than on the oil business. Let us hope that the terrorists leave this area alone.

Forum List

Back