DU - A true Weapon of Mass Destruction

May 10, 2005
The now declassified "Groves memorandum" document from 1943, outlines the possibility at the time for DU to be used as "a gas warfare insturment" by the Germans. This document outlines the possible uses of DU.

1) Make evacuated areas uninhabitable.

2) To contaminate small critical areas such as railroad yards and airports.

3) As a radioactive poison gas to create casualties among troops.

4) Against large cities, to promote panic, and create casualties among civilian populations

Now the United States, under the guise of ridding the world of evil and WMD posessing tyrants is deploying this deadly, toxic material all over the world. The Army handbooks and training videos actually warn the soldiers about DU and its deadly effects. The Pentagon has known about the effects of DU for quite some time now, but continues to use and sell it to other nations.

During the first Gulf war aprox. 340 tons of DU was used

During the Iraq war, over 400 tons has been used thus far.

DU has a lifetime of over 4.5 Billion years. DU ammunitions become aerosolized on impact, when it is in this form our troops, as well as the innocent civilian populations breathe it, and it contaminates water and food supplies. The middle east has been turned into a hell hole, and it will only get worse as time goes on, as mothers give birth to deformed children, and our troops come home and slowly die as a result of this illegal poison.

Why is the government allowing this to continue?

Are we really supporting our troops?

Who is terrorizing who?

Would you please define 'DU' and provide a link to this memo?

StoptheMadness1 said:
The now declassified "Groves memorandum" document from 1943, outlines the possibility at the time for DU to be used as "a gas warfare insturment" by the Germans. This document outlines the possible uses of DU.

1) Make evacuated areas uninhabitable.

2) To contaminate small critical areas such as railroad yards and airports.

3) As a radioactive poison gas to create casualties among troops.

4) Against large cities, to promote panic, and create casualties among civilian populations

Now the United States, under the guise of ridding the world of evil and WMD posessing tyrants is deploying this deadly, toxic material all over the world. The Army handbooks and training videos actually warn the soldiers about DU and its deadly effects. The Pentagon has known about the effects of DU for quite some time now, but continues to use and sell it to other nations.

During the first Gulf war aprox. 340 tons of DU was used

During the Iraq war, over 400 tons has been used thus far.

DU has a lifetime of over 4.5 Billion years. DU ammunitions become aerosolized on impact, when it is in this form our troops, as well as the innocent civilian populations breathe it, and it contaminates water and food supplies. The middle east has been turned into a hell hole, and it will only get worse as time goes on, as mothers give birth to deformed children, and our troops come home and slowly die as a result of this illegal poison.

Why is the government allowing this to continue?

Are we really supporting our troops?

Who is terrorizing who?

Newsflash for ya', bud .... the Middle East was ALREADY a Hell-hole.

Depeleted uranium propaganda from the left has beeb debunked for years. What closet have you been living in?

Sure, here a link to the memo

http://www.mindfully.org/Nucs/Groves-Memo-Manhattan30oct43a.htm

To put it simply, DU is a substance that in certain forms can give you components for a nuclear weapon. Depleted uranium is used in tank rounds, for example to give it armor piercing capability. DU is also used in rifle and pistol ammo that our troops are currently using.

Google it and i'm sure you will find a more elaborate answer.

One more:

http://www.nato.int/du/home.htm

Seems to me what one finds is that the same folks, with the exception of the French in Bosnia, that are against Iraq, are also screaming about DU. Interesting, eh STM?

StoptheMadness1 said:
Sure, here a link to the memo

http://www.mindfully.org/Nucs/Groves-Memo-Manhattan30oct43a.htm

To put it simply, DU is a substance that in certain forms can give you components for a nuclear weapon. Depleted uranium is used in tank rounds, for example to give it armor piercing capability. DU is also used in rifle and pistol ammo that our troops are currently using.

Google it and i'm sure you will find a more elaborate answer.

Ummm.....no? Depleted Uranium is the isotope removed from natural uranium to create the weapons-grade uranium. It isn't used as anything but depleted uranium.

And depleted uranium is NOT used in any rifle and/or pistol ammo issued to troops.

Kathianne said:
Would you please define 'DU' and provide a link to this memo?

For a second there my hopes were high that it was a reference to Democratic Underground.... :happy2:

From the department of the army

Handling procedures for equipment contaminated with depleted uranium or radioactive commodities

"Protectiveclothing and gloves, respiratory protection for airborne DU, and good hygiene practices will minimize the hazard. Heavy metal poisoning is the main health concern associated with DU. Lead poisoning from sources like lead
based paint is well known heavy metal poisoning. Like lead, DU is a heavy metal. Everyone is aware of the social problem of lead poisoning. All heavy metals, including lead and DU, can poison us if we take enough into our body.
For this reason, we prevent and caution soldiers against inhaling or swallowing DU. Lead is a poison that affects virtually every system of the body. The risks of lead exposure are well known from studies of children and high dose occupational exposure. The U.S. now bears the high social costs related to lead poisoning. When military equipment containing DU burns or when DU ammunition is used, DU becomes scattered as contamination. The contamination will be in the dust. The dust will be inhaled or swallowed unless soldiers protect themselves when working in contaminated areas."

StoptheMadness1 said:

Handling procedures for equipment contaminated with depleted uranium or radioactive commodities

"Protectiveclothing and gloves, respiratory protection for airborne DU, and good hygiene practices will minimize the hazard. Heavy metal poisoning is the main health concern associated with DU. Lead poisoning from sources like lead
based paint is well known heavy metal poisoning. Like lead, DU is a heavy metal. Everyone is aware of the social problem of lead poisoning. All heavy metals, including lead and DU, can poison us if we take enough into our body.
For this reason, we prevent and caution soldiers against inhaling or swallowing DU. Lead is a poison that affects virtually every system of the body. The risks of lead exposure are well known from studies of children and high dose occupational exposure. The U.S. now bears the high social costs related to lead poisoning. When military equipment containing DU burns or when DU ammunition is used, DU becomes scattered as contamination. The contamination will be in the dust. The dust will be inhaled or swallowed unless soldiers protect themselves when working in contaminated areas."

Okay .... and this says WHAT? It DOESN'T say it's used as rifle or handgun ammo .... and it cautions those people who handle it against heavy metal poisoning. Makes sense to me.

WHAT is your point?

Let me draw some little stick figures and tanks with wheels on them for ya' ..... there's this thing called war. In it, you do your best to defeat the enemy, and you used the most modern technology available to you as an advantage in doing so.

When the bad guys throw down their weapons and say "enuff," then there won't be anymore DU flying through the air.

Pretty simple concept, dontcha' think?

Said1 said:
I thought he meant "Democratic Underground". Get it, DU?? :laugh:

I did until I read his diatribe. It isn't even original, as I said. This argument pops out of the woodwork every so often. It's in the lib revolving playbook right before "Bush Lied," and following "Anything with Abu Ghraib in the title."

I'm banned for life from DU. :rock:

Said1 said:
I thought he meant "Democratic Underground". Get it, DU?? :laugh:

What I thought too, til I read it and it no longer made sense. He doesn't have enough of a sense of humor to connect the dates. :laugh:

Gunny is on a roll, I've tried repping him I don't know how many times tonight.

Kathianne said:
What I thought too, til I read it and it no longer made sense. He doesn't have enough of a sense of humor to connect the dates. :laugh:

Hey, you provided the ammo (depleted of course) for this thread. I tried to rep you for that, but I apparently am in need of spreading the cheer around a bit more. ;)

StoptheMadness1 said:

Where's the link, I want to read the part that follows what you have bolded above.

Kathianne said:

Yep, I have to spread it around too. Wow, that just sounds nasty. :teeth:

Forum List

Back