Drug addicts can get sterilized for cash

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
*left out stuff*

She started an organization she named C.R.A.C.K. -- Children Require a Caring Kommunity. (The name has since been changed to Project Prevention.)

She announced that she'd begin paying women with drug or alcohol addictions to stop having kids.

With money from donors who share her passion for this cause, Harris visits seedy neighborhoods to offer drug addicts and alcoholics cash if they'll agree to go on a long-term birth control or be sterilized.

The payment is $300 for women who get their tubes tied. About one-third of her clients have chosen that option.

The others have agreed to a less permanent IUD or an implanted birth control like Implanon. Those women get the $300 payments yearly if they stay on the birth control.

The program requires proof of addiction established by court records or a statement from a government official. A doctor must sign a contract that states that the client had a tubal ligitation or a long-term birth control implanted before a check is mailed.

Men are eligible, and Harris says 47 have been paid to have vasectomies. She's paid more than 3,300 women.

*more left out stuff*

Read more: Drug addicts can get sterilized for cash - CharlotteObserver.com

i think there should be more of this....addicts having baby after baby...does not help the general good of this society.

Why not expand this program to a broader base of generally incompetent people? People who sit around on their fat asses collecting welfare, drinking slurpies, and getting fat, to start with. Why limit it to drug addicts?

I am a drunk, with weapon of mass destruction.

If you do not pay me, I swear I will have another kid.

I will do it!!!!!

Why not expand this program to a broader base of generally incompetent people? People who sit around on their fat asses collecting welfare, drinking slurpies, and getting fat, to start with. Why limit it to drug addicts?
Let's expand it further to the people with the means to support hordes of children but are still too selfish to consider how they are adding to over population and the destruction of the environment and their children's future.

And I will probably not remember how it happened.

Always useful in court.

Let's expand it further to the people with the means to support hordes of children but are still too selfish to consider how they are adding to over population and the destruction of the environment and their children's future.

If people are having children voluntarily, are capable of making a living and planning for the future, most likely they will not voluntarily participate in a paid sterilization program.

Or else they'll intelligently exploit the program when they have finished having their family, and use the money to add to the college fund.
That's possible. Selfish people generally have few scruples.

but i guess you are right...it should be extended to republicans.

I must admit that I laughed out loud when I saw this post, as liberals have always championed eugenics, and doing away with folks they didn't agree with.

Here's hoping your post was tongue in cheek.
Is it not also eugenics to support public policy that keeps people in poverty and the infant mortality rate high?

Forum List

Back