Driving...on Weed: Study finds no problems with weed use while driving

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
jon-stewart-weed.jpg

http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress...art-weed.jpg?w=712&h=400&quality=85&strip=all

UI studies impact of marijuana on driving
First-of-its-kind study at University of Iowa's National Advanced Driving Simulator shows how marijuana and marijuana with alcohol impact driving

A new study conducted at the University of Iowa’s National Advanced Driving Simulator (NADS) has found drivers who use alcohol and marijuana together weave more on a virtual roadway than drivers who use either substance independently. However, the cocktail of alcohol and marijuana does not double the effect of the impairment.

Here is something they said that was super funny and if you've ever smoked, this is true

As expected, there was impairment in all areas when alcohol and cannabis were mixed. But cannabis itself, when taken in moderate amounts, seems to cause no significant driving impairment.

In fact, some would argue that it makes them drive safer or slower. :badgrin::badgrin:

In fact, some would argue that it makes them drive safer or slower.
I used to say that when I was younger. But the fact is, it slows reflexes. I would think, if legalized, it would need to be regulated like alcohol when it comes to driving.

It is always possible to prove or disprove whatever premise your agenda happens to cover. Local police departments and sheriffs believe they can effectively write tickets for weed use. At first, they had a hands off policy, but for quite some time now they've gone after anyone suspected of driving under the influence of weed.

jon-stewart-weed.jpg

http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress...art-weed.jpg?w=712&h=400&quality=85&strip=all

First-of-its-kind study at University of Iowa's National Advanced Driving Simulator shows how marijuana and marijuana with alcohol impact driving

A new study conducted at the University of Iowa’s National Advanced Driving Simulator (NADS) has found drivers who use alcohol and marijuana together weave more on a virtual roadway than drivers who use either substance independently. However, the cocktail of alcohol and marijuana does not double the effect of the impairment.

Here is something they said that was super funny and if you've ever smoked, this is true

As expected, there was impairment in all areas when alcohol and cannabis were mixed. But cannabis itself, when taken in moderate amounts, seems to cause no significant driving impairment.

In fact, some would argue that it makes them drive safer or slower. :badgrin::badgrin:

And shit like is what makes people like me , who don't give a fuck what people ingest in their own private lives, stop and say "no forget it, next you morons will claim it doesn't impair you" and here they are claiming it doesn't impair them.

Of course marijuana impairs you, it affects your judgement, etc etc. For fuck's sakes, that's why people smoke it to begin with. Now all the sudden "oh it doesn't impair me?" bullshit.

PS plenty of drunks claim they are better drivers when they've had a few too. fuck them as well.

Once you start putting me and mine at risk you and your "rights" can go fuck yourself.

jon-stewart-weed.jpg

And shit like is what makes people like me , who don't give a fuck what people ingest in their own private lives, stop and say "no forget it, next you morons will claim it doesn't impair you" and here they are claiming it doesn't impair them.

Of course marijuana impairs you, it affects your judgement, etc etc. For fuck's sakes, that's why people smoke it to begin with. Now all the sudden "oh it doesn't impair me?" bullshit.

PS plenty of drunks claim they are better drivers when they've had a few too. fuck them as well.

Once you start putting me and mine at risk you and your "rights" can go fuck yourself.

Cool story bro but I think you need to address this to the guy who said weed doesnt impair you. Because I'm the other guy who posted a study that said there are effects or impairments as you say but only to the level of LEGAL alcohol levels.

See what happens when you take a puff and relax mon?

8 years on patrol....I've seen potheads wreck. Typically it wasn't something aggressive they did. It was the slow reaction to something else. Like not hitting brakes quick enough when someone stops at a light.

I'm pro legalization. But you can't drive high.

In fact, some would argue that it makes them drive safer or slower.
I used to say that when I was younger. But the fact is, it slows reflexes. I would think, if legalized, it would need to be regulated like alcohol when it comes to driving.

Yeah, I think that's just common sense.

jon-stewart-weed.jpg

DEFINITELY slower. I once found myself driving 35 on the highway. Actually, on the highways in Connecticut, that would be as dangerous as driving 110 around here.

jon-stewart-weed.jpg

Cool story bro but I think you need to address this to the guy who said weed doesnt impair you. Because I'm the other guy who posted a study that said there are effects or impairments as you say but only to the level of LEGAL alcohol levels.

See what happens when you take a puff and relax mon?

Cool story bro, but you will notice that I didn't address the singular YOU with my comments.

You smell people stinking from weed much more in stores around here now. I assume their chauffeurs didn't drive them. Anyone that's mesmerized by soup cans and walks in front of you isn't going to be a good driver.

8 years on patrol....I've seen potheads wreck. Typically it wasn't something aggressive they did. It was the slow reaction to something else. Like not hitting brakes quick enough when someone stops at a light.

I'm pro legalization. But you can't drive high.

200_s.gif

[Cool story bro but I think you need to address this to the guy who said weed doesnt impair you. .....
That is a fucking lie, uncool stooge.

It said that it seemed in moderate amounts it did not cause problems.

You fuckin' fool. You think the rest of us can't read?

Just like alcohol, marijuana will need to have some type of measurement for acceptable road driving.

[Cool story bro but I think you need to address this to the guy who said weed doesnt impair you. .....

Just like alcohol, marijuana will need to have some type of measurement for acceptable road driving.

Here's my proposal.

All vehicles are equipped with a device that can instantly determine whether you are impaired ( on any substance) if you pass said test the car starts as normally and you go on your way.

If you fail, the vehicle stats, the doors lock and carbon monoxide is pumped into the passenger compartment until you are no longer a danger to other people.

We could further incorporate new technology that would allow for cameras viewing the driver and if they are observed texting , reading, eating, or any other obnoxious behavior (such as backing into a fucking parking spot) same result as above.

Yes, it said that in the article I posted

Where did you read that? From me Angry Ass

The following is excerpted from that study:

(Excerpt)
"All this report really shows is that more people in Washington State are likely consuming cannabis, and thus might have some THC in their systems at the time of an accident. But since having THC in your system tells us nothing about your potential impairment, it would be like a report showing how many people involved in accidents had drunk a beer in the last week," said Taylor West, deputy director of the group.

(Close)

For the benefit of those who don't already know, certain residual properties of THC remain in the blood stream for up to thirty days after consuming even a token amount of marijuana (one or two puffs, or one bite of an edible.) So it may be said if drivers involved in all serious accidents in the U.S. were tested marijuana would be blamed for a substantial percentage of those accidents -- even in examples of those drivers who hadn't consumed any pot for weeks and were perfectly sober.

These reports of marijuana impairment are a favorite gimmick of the NIDA and other government and privately funded anti-marijuana interests. But it's all 99% bullshit.

Well hell if you can drive and smoke weed with no impairment then surely you should be able to get high and work as a surgeon, teacher, construction worker. There are no limits! We are finally going to live in utopia people.

The following is excerpted from that study:

(Excerpt)
"All this report really shows is that more people in Washington State are likely consuming cannabis, and thus might have some THC in their systems at the time of an accident. But since having THC in your system tells us nothing about your potential impairment, it would be like a report showing how many people involved in accidents had drunk a beer in the last week," said Taylor West, deputy director of the group.

For the benefit of those who don't already know, certain residual properties of THC remain in the blood stream for up to thirty days after consuming even a token amount of marijuana (one or two puffs, or one bite of an edible. So it may be said that if drivers involved in all serious accidents in the U.S. were tested marijuana would be blamed for a substantial percentage of those accidents -- even in the examples of those drivers who hadn't consumed any pot for weeks and were perfectly sober.

These reports of marijuana impairment are a favorite gimmick of the NIDA and other government and privately funded anti-marijuana interests. But it's all 99% bullshit.

Sorry bro, testing for THC is the only test we currently have to determine if you've ingested weed. And you can't tell me they can't come up with some reasonable number that says "okay if you have THIS amount of THC in your system, you're impaired"

Researchers selected 18 participants—13 men and five women—between the ages of 21 and 37 who reported drinking alcohol and using marijuana no more than three times a week. After spending the night at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics to ensure sobriety, participants arrived at NADS for six “dosing visits.”

Based on a grand total of 18 participants! :badgrin:

Forum List

Back