Drinking more coffee leads to a longer life, two studies say

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
150813183501-06-coffee-health-restricted-exlarge-169.jpg

I don’t care that it comes from the Crappy Nonews Network. It’s just fine by me. I drink at least 10 cups a day and would go into a coma without it.

People who drank two to four cups a day had an 18% lower risk of death compared with people who did not drink coffee, according to the study. These findings are consistent with previous studies that had looked at majority white populations, said Veronica Wendy Setiawan, associate professor of preventative medicine at USC's Keck School of Medicine, who led the study on nonwhite populations.

Full story @ Drinking more coffee can lead to a longer life, new studies say - CNN.com

I drink 2 travel mugs worth, (about 4 normal cups), every morning.

150813183501-06-coffee-health-restricted-exlarge-169.jpg

I don’t care that it comes from the Crappy Nonews Network. It’s just fine by me. I drink at least 10 cups a day and would go into a coma without it.

People who drank two to four cups a day had an 18% lower risk of death compared with people who did not drink coffee, according to the study. These findings are consistent with previous studies that had looked at majority white populations, said Veronica Wendy Setiawan, associate professor of preventative medicine at USC's Keck School of Medicine, who led the study on nonwhite populations.

Full story @ Drinking more coffee can lead to a longer life, new studies say - CNN.com
"An 18% lower risk of death"? Holy immortality Batman!

Yes, and that's why radical atheism is more intelligent than traditional atheism: it questions the desire for immortality (Haegglund).

First, we'll link caffeine to cancer, because permeability is also a topic on USMB cancer threads:

'We compared the organization of stratum corneum lipids in organotypic NMSC (non-melanoma skin cancer) models and normal RHS (reconstructed human skin) by Fourier transform IR. Subpopulations of lipids with different chain conformations occurred in normal RHS and NMSC models, as indicated by the wide methylene stretching vibrations....showing a 20% reduced protein to lipid ratio in the stratum corneum of the cSCC-ED model compared with normal RHS.
2.6. Skin Permeation
The permeation of radiolabeled caffeine was studied in the static mode by using the infinite-dose approach....only 40% of the cSCC-ED model samples contained some orthorhombically packed lipids.'
(Zoschke C, et asl, The Barrier Function of Organotypic Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer Models, Journal of Controlled Release (2016) 233:10-18)

cSCC is squamous cell carcinoma and the loss of orthorhombicity is monitored by caffeine itself.

People who drank two to four cups a day had an 18% lower risk of death compared with people who did not drink coffee

In this case, I'm not sure if they would a higher risk of other unknown disease. You need to drink a lot of water when your drink many cups of coffee.

People who drank two to four cups a day had an 18% lower risk of death compared with people who did not drink coffee

In this case, I'm not sure if they would a higher risk of other unknown disease. You need to drink a lot of water when your drink many cups of coffee.

You're right. I just had a doctor tell me that until you have lots of clear urine, you're dehydrated.

Forum List

Back