4 Cups a Day: 4 Surprising Health Benefits of Drinking That Much Coffee

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Coffee doesn’t have the best reputation as a healthy beverage, despite several studies that suggest the contrary. The caffeinated drink is more than just a mood-stabilizer and morning savior. Among its many health benefits, researchers have linked it a lowered risk of Alzheimer’s disease and suggest it’s a worthy defender against cirrhosis of the liver.

Critics of the beloved bean juice have long maintained that coffee is bad for the heart, and considering too many cups tend to make people jittery, that rationale has gone mostly unchallenged. However, a new study published in PLOS Biologyargues that there is an optimum amount of coffee intake that will maintain a healthy heart. “We’ve disproved what doctors have told your grandma: Don’t drink coffee if you have a heart problem,” study co-authors Joachim Altschmied, Ph.D. and Judith Haendeler, Ph.D., told Inverse.
4 Cups a Day: 4 Surprising Health Benefits of Drinking That Much Coffee | Inverse

Oh, yeah. Oh, yeah. :5_1_12024:

That's right.........the world is finally working my way! :hyper:

See that? I AM doing something right. Oh, yeah.

Shoot...................I learned about the benefits of coffee on my first deployment in the Navy. Been a certified bean addict ever since.

If I drink that much coffee I’d have to cut down on my meth.

It isn't my heart that coffee messes with, it's my belly. :(

? heart burn?

Nope. Wrong end. :p

caffeine can act as a diuretic-------WHAT ELSE?

I don't think it's simply the caffeine that causes me problems. I have the same issues with decaf coffee, but don't have them with tea.

I like coffee, and used to drink it a lot, but the digestive issues are not worth it anymore. And actually, I've read that coffee doesn't act as a diuretic until you drink a goodly amount. On the other hand, it is supposed to increase peristalsis. That seems like the likely cause of my problems. :dunno:

? heart burn?

I don't think it's simply the caffeine that causes me problems. I have the same issues with decaf coffee, but don't have them with tea.

I like coffee, and used to drink it a lot, but the digestive issues are not worth it anymore. And actually, I've read that coffee doesn't act as a diuretic until you drink a goodly amount. On the other hand, it is supposed to increase peristalsis. That seems like the likely cause of my problems. :dunno:

That can't be good.

? heart burn?

oh gee-----it don't do a damn thing to my peristalsis------but one cup is enough to throw me into URGENCY

Coffee doesn’t have the best reputation as a healthy beverage, despite several studies that suggest the contrary. The caffeinated drink is more than just a mood-stabilizer and morning savior. Among its many health benefits, researchers have linked it a lowered risk of Alzheimer’s disease and suggest it’s a worthy defender against cirrhosis of the liver.

Critics of the beloved bean juice have long maintained that coffee is bad for the heart, and considering too many cups tend to make people jittery, that rationale has gone mostly unchallenged. However, a new study published in PLOS Biologyargues that there is an optimum amount of coffee intake that will maintain a healthy heart. “We’ve disproved what doctors have told your grandma: Don’t drink coffee if you have a heart problem,” study co-authors Joachim Altschmied, Ph.D. and Judith Haendeler, Ph.D., told Inverse.
4 Cups a Day: 4 Surprising Health Benefits of Drinking That Much Coffee | Inverse

Well coffee does wake me up and keep me alive on the road to and from work.

I make some anytime I need to get up before 6 a.m. and hit the road for a job a long way from home.

And I save half of it for the trip back home at the end of the day.

I got my 1 pint coffee pot at a backpacking/camping store, and my 1 1/2 cup coffee mugs at Starbucks.

? heart burn?

Tea is my main beverage during the day.

I make a half gallon of iced tea each morning from Lipton's instant with lemon and sugar already in it.

This lasts me a 12 hour shift.

Well coffee does wake me up and keep me alive on the road to and from work.

I make some anytime I need to get up before 6 a.m. and hit the road for a job a long way from home.

And I save half of it for the trip back home at the end of the day.

I got my 1 pint coffee pot at a backpacking/camping store, and my 1 1/2 cup coffee mugs at Starbucks.
That's kind of how I do it. I have a huge travel mug and drink a cup or two in the morning and fill the mug with the rest and hit the road. I spend a lot of time driving.

I’ve drank coffee since I was 12. Recently tried Starbucks breakfast blend. Threw that crap in the garbage. I’ve been drinking Folgers special roast. But lately something has changed. It doesn’t have a coffee taste. Maybe it’s cheap beans they are using now. Anyways I seen some McDonald’s coffee at the grocery store. Pick up some to try out. Pretty good with a good coffee flavor. It’s called special roast made with 100% Arabic beans.

? heart burn?

Tea is my main beverage during the day.

I make a half gallon of iced tea each morning from Lipton's instant with lemon and sugar already in it.

This lasts me a 12 hour shift.

I drink hot tea most of the time. Green most often, but also decaf black. I switched to decaf when I started having reflux problems, but I figure green has a low enough caffeine content I can drink that regular.

w00t! I'm not going to die from alcoholism!

Srsly, if you get the chance, buy yourself a bag of Type 1, or "Extra Fancy," 100% Kona coffee.

A 1 lb bag goes for ~$70 bucks.

I wouldn't buy this all the time, because $70 for coffee WTF? But it is really, really, really good.

Forum List

Back