Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
ss-110418-pulitzer-07.ss_full.jpg

:lol:

have you seen the damage up close?
no, you haven't ......

c'mon down to the gulf coast and have a look.

damn straight,

DRILL HERE , DRILL NOW!!!!!!!

So you're saying its not spread through the marshes and affected spawning grounds and oysters? Some oyster men might disagree w/ you.

have you seen the damage up close?
no, you haven't ......

c'mon down to the gulf coast and have a look.

damn straight,

DRILL HERE , DRILL NOW!!!!!!!

So you're saying its not spread through the marshes and affected spawning grounds and oysters? Some oyster men might disagree w/ you.

I'm listening......
You don't know about this?:
18 April 2011 Last updated at 05:37 ET

BBC News - BP oil spill: Fishermen woes persist, one year on
Nick Collins has the deeply tanned skin of a man who has spent most of his 39 years on a boat, fishing for oysters.

He has worked for his father's business, Collins Oyster Company, since he was 10 years old.

Not any more.

He has brought me out on his boat, a couple kilometres from the Gulf of Mexico, to show me why.

He winches up a basket full of oysters and sifts through each one, shaking his head.

“All of them, beautiful oysters, and they're dead. And all because of BP's oil spill one year ago”

Nick Collins
Former oyster fisherman
"This one's dead. This one's dead. All of them empty shells. All of them, beautiful oysters, and they're dead. And all because of BP's oil spill one year ago," he says.

Why no drilling off the FL coast?

Jeb and George is why.

Well that and the fact that poor people do not live on the beaches.

The green people are the best friends of the rich who live on beaches.

I heard where they only captured @ 10% of the spilled oil. Thats prolly an optimistic estimate too.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13084392
Nick Collins has the deeply tanned skin of a man who has spent most of his 39 years on a boat, fishing for oysters.

He has worked for his father's business, Collins Oyster Company, since he was 10 years old.

Not any more.

He has brought me out on his boat, a couple kilometres from the Gulf of Mexico, to show me why.

He winches up a basket full of oysters and sifts through each one, shaking his head.

“All of them, beautiful oysters, and they're dead. And all because of BP's oil spill one year ago”

"This one's dead. This one's dead. All of them empty shells. All of them, beautiful oysters, and they're dead. And all because of BP's oil spill one year ago," he says.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back