Drafting error jeopardizes Obamacare in DC federal court

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Drafting error jeopardizes Obamacare in DC federal court

The Affordable Care Act managed to have two bad days in court on the same day.

While a majority on the Supreme Court appeared sympathetic to a challenge to the Affordable Care Act’s mandate that insurance companies provide birth control, blocks away, two out of three judges on the D.C. Circuit Court seemed willing to gut the rest of the law based on what supporters say is, at worst, a mere drafting error.

“If the legislation is just stupid, I don’t think it’s up to the court to save it,” said Judge A. Raymond Randoph Tuesday. Randolph had other choice words for the law, calling the law “Janus-faced,” “cobbled together” and “poorly written,” later describing its launch as an “unmitigated disaster.”

Drafting error jeopardizes Obamacare in DC federal court | MSNBC

Why doesn't he say what he really means? lol

Chicago, KC, NY, Baston(Sic) you know those places have strong Costra Nostra ties. Who else is gonna run dis country? We ain't Catholic enough heres to let da Pope do it, or the Don..

I'm concerned that somehow the Chicago Machine will somehow get to these judges. I just don't trust our government these days with how policy is executed

You think Chicago judges will have an impact.

D.C. is on a level of its own. Chicago means absolutely nothing here. You can forget about your fears.

Never said Chicago judges. I said the Chicago Machine, maybe I should have said Chicago Politics.

Forum List

Back