Dr. Paul's Horrible Horrible Views On Racism!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Reasoning, May 23, 2010.

1. Reasoning

Reasoning Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +71
    It is the federal government more than anything else that divides us along race, class, religion, and gender lines. The federal government, through its taxes, restrictive regulations, corporate subsidies, racial set-asides, and welfare programs, plays far too large a role in determining who succeeds and who fails in our society. This government "benevolence" crowds out genuine goodwill between men by institutionalizing group thinking, thus making each group suspicious that others are receiving more of the government loot. Americans know that factors other than merit in the free market often play a part in the success of some, and this leads to resentment and hostility between us.

Still, the left argues that stringent federal laws are needed to combat racism, always implying of course that southern states are full of bigoted rednecks who would oppress minorities if not for the watchful eye of Washington. They ignore, however, the incredible divisiveness created by their collectivist big-government policies.

Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans only as members of groups and never as individuals. Racists believe that all individual who share superficial physical characteristics are alike; as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism. Their intense focus on race is inherently racist, because it views individuals only as members of racial groups.

Conservatives and libertarians should fight back and challenge the myth that collectivist liberals care more about racism. Modern liberalism, however well intentioned, is a byproduct of the same collectivist thinking that characterizes racism. The continued insistence on group thinking only inflames racial tensions.

The true antidote to racism is liberty. Liberty means having a limited, constitutional government devoted to the protection of individual rights rather than group claims. Liberty means free-market capitalism, which rewards individual achievement and competence, not skin color, gender, or ethnicity. In a free market, businesses that discriminate lose customers, goodwill, and valuable employees – while rational businesses flourish by choosing the most qualified employees and selling to all willing buyers. More importantly, in a free society every citizen gains a sense of himself as an individual, rather than developing a group or victim mentality. This leads to a sense of individual responsibility and personal pride, making skin color irrelevant. Rather than looking to government to correct what is essentially a sin of the heart, we should understand that reducing racism requires a shift from group thinking to an emphasis on individualism.

~RP

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,040
    Does the protected right of freedom of religion protect individuals, or groups of individuals? Does freedom of assembly protect individuals, or groups? Does freedom of association protect individuals, or groups?

Does prohibiting a business from denying service to an individual because of his skin color protect individuals, or groups?

3. my2¢

my2¢ Registered Text Offender

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,708
    "Rather than looking to government to correct what is essentially a sin of the heart, we should understand that reducing racism requires a shift from group thinking to an emphasis on individualism."

I guess Rand Paul's point was that 100 years of non-government interference was too short a time for that individualism to kick in? Eliminate "group thinking", yeah right. Imagine all those we wouldn't have to kick around just by inference: Jane Fonda, Dick Cheney, Nancy Pelosi, Sarah Palin, Al Gore, etc.

4. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +629
    Rand is a shoo-in in November. I can't wait to see how the MSM swarms around him, and how it doesn't/won't matter. You can't pay for entertainment like this. Incessant whining all the time. Enjoy KY folks.

5. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    I remember hearing the same about McCain/Palin!

[​IMG]

6. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +629
    I don't recall McCain/Palin being 20+ points ahead in the polls over Obama....ever. Got a link?

7. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,406
    Tell ya what kyzr, wanna make a little wager?

If Rand Paul wins KY, I will pos rep you once a week for a year.

If he loses? You pos rep me once a week for a full year.

Put up or shut up. Rand Paul is gonna get reamed in KY! (and yes......the last sentence was written that way intentionally)........

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  8. Sky Dancer

Sky Dancer BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,164
    Rand has the ability to stick his foot in his mouth. I hope he keeps going with that.

9. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +629
    Your call. Please read this before accepting the wager...
    Election 2010: Kentucky Senate - Rasmussen Reports

You'd be spotting me 25-points, and Rand is the one preaching fiscal discipline. Which is the winning position in KY. Those folks are realists, not idealists. Let me know if you really want the bet..

10. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,426
    FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: Paulapollooza

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1