Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

Martin Luther King Jr.'s son still works to achieve the dream: 'The work is nowhere near complete'

MLK Day: Martin Luther King III wants holiday to renew equality fight

As the nation pauses Monday to honor King Jr.'s life and legacy, King III says his father's work toward peace and equality remains unfinished. The country has yet to overcome voter suppression, disparities in housing and education, poverty, police brutality and many other injustices faced by people of color.

He says he wants peace, but also wants to renew the fight.

Typical lefty.
Fight over what?
Equal justice?

Don't care. I'm tired of people wanting to fight me over shit that has nothing to do with my actions.
Who has been fighting you?

Martin Luther King Jr.'s son still works to achieve the dream: 'The work is nowhere near complete'

As the nation pauses Monday to honor King Jr.'s life and legacy, King III says his father's work toward peace and equality remains unfinished. The country has yet to overcome voter suppression, disparities in housing and education, poverty, police brutality and many other injustices faced by people of color.

Typical lefty.
Fight over what?
Equal justice?

Don't care. I'm tired of people wanting to fight me over shit that has nothing to do with my actions.

You for one. You have been very open in your desire to see me and mine, oppressed forever, in your future dystopia.

Dr. King was a very nice man.

But he did NOT save America.

NO one can save America.

America, sadly, must reap what it sowed in 1619 when it first brought people here against their will.

I fear that the United States of America will disband some time in the 22nd century.

Typical lefty.
Fight over what?
Equal justice?

You for one. You have been very open in your desire to see me and mine, oppressed forever, in your future dystopia.
You are such a Drama Queen

The policy of Trump, much like the Poor People's Campaign of Dr. King, or Eugene Debs' campaign 100 years ago before him, it is aligned for all people.

"It was exactly three years ago today, January 20, 2017, that I was sworn into office. So appropriate that today is also MLK jr DAY. African-American Unemployment is the LOWEST in the history of our Country, by far. Also, best Poverty, Youth, and Employment numbers, ever. Great!" - President Trump

The policy of Trump, much like the Poor People's Campaign of Dr. King, or Eugene Debs' campaign 100 years ago before him, it is aligned for all people.

"It was exactly three years ago today, January 20, 2017, that I was sworn into office. So appropriate that today is also MLK jr DAY. African-American Unemployment is the LOWEST in the history of our Country, by far. Also, best Poverty, Youth, and Employment numbers, ever. Great!" - President Trump
That is just creepy

Making MLK day about himself

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are
You bravely support a cause that won 60 years ago but ignore abortion which is an issue NOW.

" In 1994, Congress designated the Martin Luther King Jr. Federal Holiday as a national day of service. It is the only federal holiday observed as a national day of service—a "day on, not a day off," meant to move us closer to Dr. King's vision of a "Beloved Community.""

"As a white man who at several times in my life has received over 1000 death threats from white nationalist and white supremacists, I cannot begin to imagine what this man went through. I can assure you that what this man said and did, during THE TIMES that he said and did them, is what makes his words that much more powerful. ⠀

Standing up and saying what he said 60 years ago at a time filled with much more from racial tension and division. He was not beloved. Most people of the time felt he was hurting the civil rights cause. He did not have the people support. The FBI and the CIA (who harassed this man endlessly), put up celebratory posts today... oh how we change history when it suits us.⠀

Keep up the fight, keep believing, it matters." - Machine Head frontman Rowdy Robb Flynn

GOD BLESS! :clap:

gZV66HZ.jpg

Typical lefty.
Fight over what?
Equal justice?

You are such a Drama Queen

Your vision of the future, which we have discussed often, is very dramatic. And dystopic.

VERY dramatic.

We have had a black president, we have blacks in congress, we have blacks as big city mayors, black entertainers making millions, blacks dominate the NFL and NBA, we have blacks winning major tennis tournaments, we have blacks making millions in the stock market, black CEOS.

King's dream has come true. disparities in housing and education exist and affect people of all races equally.

Get the fuck over it, MLK did great things and this country has become what he wanted it to be. Stop the racist rhetoric and understand that we are all people of God and we all have equal opportunity in the USA today.

Typical lefty.
Fight over what?
Equal justice?

is it equal that blacks commit a disproportionate number of crimes in this country? You want to fix something? Fix the black fatherless family.

Typical lefty.
Fight over what?
Equal justice?

is it equal that blacks commit a disproportionate number of crimes in this country? You want to fix something? Fix the black fatherless family.
How do you propose to fix that?

Typical lefty.
Fight over what?
Equal justice?

1. stop illegal immigration that is taking jobs from blacks (and poor whites)
2. stop welfare practices that encourage women to have kids without a husband
3. pass school choice laws that will allow black parents to put their kids in the best schools
4. put prayer and the pledge of allegiance back in schools
5. stop treating blacks like second class citizens in order to buy their votes with free government "cheese"

Typical lefty.
Fight over what?
Equal justice?

1. stop illegal immigration that is taking jobs from blacks (and poor whites)
2. stop welfare practices that encourage women to have kids without a husband
3. pass school choice laws that will allow black parents to put their kids in the best schools
4. put prayer and the pledge of allegiance back in schools
5. stop treating blacks like second class citizens in order to buy their votes with free government "cheese"

6. Job friendly trade policy.
7. stop LEGAL immigration that is taking jobs from blacks (and poor whites)

Forum List

Back