Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

Ike was a country club republican and Nixon a paranoid piece of shit.

Both refused to meet with MLK which is why he switched party allegiance from republic to Democratic in the 1950s.

the civil rights bill of 1964 would not have passed without republican votes, a majority of democrats voted against it.
Wouldn’t have passed without Democratic votes and being signed into law by a Democratic President

yes, Johnson did sign it and some dems voted for it. Why don't you look up the congressional vote count and report back to us?

LBJ was one of the most racist presidents in our history, he was also a pervert and was involved in the murder of JFK. If you want to make him a hero, thats up to you, but he was a terrible human being.
LBJ did more for Civil Rights than any President since Lincoln

All he did was sign the bill passed by congress. He was a Texas racist and hated Mexicans and native americans almost as much as he hated blacks. You know nothing about who LBJ really was. you must have been schooled by liberal lying members of the teachers union in some blue state.
You don’t know your history

LBJ bullied Congress to get the Civil Rights bill passed. One of his greatest accomplishments

the civil rights bill of 1964 would not have passed without republican votes, a majority of democrats voted against it.
Wouldn’t have passed without Democratic votes and being signed into law by a Democratic President

yes, Johnson did sign it and some dems voted for it. Why don't you look up the congressional vote count and report back to us?

LBJ was one of the most racist presidents in our history, he was also a pervert and was involved in the murder of JFK. If you want to make him a hero, thats up to you, but he was a terrible human being.

All he did was sign the bill passed by congress. He was a Texas racist and hated Mexicans and native americans almost as much as he hated blacks. You know nothing about who LBJ really was. you must have been schooled by liberal lying members of the teachers union in some blue state.

LBJ bullied Congress to get the Civil Rights bill passed. One of his greatest accomplishments

LBJ was more proud of the Great Society Abomination, IMHO. After Johnson signed that, he went before the NAACP and told the crowd to a standing ovation "I will have you N-Words voting Democrat for a hundred generations"

LBJ was more proud of the Great Society Abomination, IMHO. After Johnson signed that, he went before the NAACP and told the crowd to a standing ovation "I will have you N-Words voting Democrat for a hundred generations"
That's really all you have, isn't it? No one cares that LBJ was prone to drop the n-word--they care that he drove a stake into the heart of Jim Crow..and that is his historical legacy..well, that and Vietnam..LOL!~

Another lie

That's really all you have, isn't it? No one cares that LBJ was prone to drop the n-word--they care that he drove a stake into the heart of Jim Crow..and that is his historical legacy..well, that and Vietnam..LOL!~

Without Vietnam, LBJ would be one of our greatest Presidents
The war killed his legacy and drove him from the presidency

If JFK had not been assassinated, Vietnam would have ruined his legacy

and of which party were: Strom Thurman, George Wallace, Bull Connor, Lester Maddox, Bill KKK Byrd? they were all dems, sorry if those facts upset you but they are facts.

another fact, there was a huge KKK contingent in Illinois and there were slaves in most of the northern and western states, it was not a north/south issue, it was a states rights issue created by slave owning democrats and ended by a republican named Lincoln.
Can you tell me if they were liberal??

Was George Wallace and Bull Connor along side of those liberal hippies from up north -- marching along side of King??

Can you tell me if Strom Thurman was some radical leftist?? and then when he got older, became conservative??

You do understand the reason dic suckers like you say "democrat" and "republican" is because you too dishonest to use the words "conservative" and "liberal" -- because you are too dishonest to admit that conservatives HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AGAINST THE EMANCIPATION EFFORT OF EVERY HISTORICALLY OPPRESSED GROUP -- and it leaves you morons to have to play these words games years after the fact.....because when the true fight was being fought, no conservatives were there marching along side of MLK...

Which is why you can't name one

The GOP of Eisenhower and Nixon, and Reagan, all had excellent Civil RIghts records, and they were all conservative. YOur claims are absurd.
Eisenhower and Nixon did

Reagan used blacks to build his base

Eisenhower could have done much more for Civil Rights while he was President

THank you for admitting that Eisenhower and Nixon, two conservative REpublicans, had fine civil rights records.

Your claim about Reagan, is simply wrong. Reagan is more recent and thus more timely, thus you can't admit it yet. Give it another 20 years, and once it become moot, more of you libs will be ready to stop lying about him too.

Both refused to meet with MLK which is why he switched party allegiance from republic to Democratic in the 1950s.

Both had good civil rights records. That is my point. You hit the reply button, but did not address my point.

Would you like to now?

The GOP of Eisenhower and Nixon, and Reagan, all had excellent Civil RIghts records, and they were all conservative. YOur claims are absurd.
Eisenhower and Nixon did

Reagan used blacks to build his base

Eisenhower could have done much more for Civil Rights while he was President

THank you for admitting that Eisenhower and Nixon, two conservative REpublicans, had fine civil rights records.

Your claim about Reagan, is simply wrong. Reagan is more recent and thus more timely, thus you can't admit it yet. Give it another 20 years, and once it become moot, more of you libs will be ready to stop lying about him too.

Of course..as any thinking person knows..the 'Republicans' and the 'Democrats' of the time were constituted quite differently than today and that, in fact, it was the Civil Rights Act of 1964 that was the final straw for many conservative Democrats and led to their flight to the Republican party.

Also..Eisenhower presided over Jim Crow--he gets Zilch from me..as far as credit is concerned. Reagan..well..at least he didn't get in the way..which is about the best that can be said. Reagan was post-Jim Crow though..and his record in California, when Civil rights was the issue...as Governor..was nothing to speak of.

1200px-ElectoralCollege1976.svg.png

Our celebration of King is futile if we don’t continue the civil rights movement for justice, equality and forget about those who still live below the poverty line in the US. The “Dream” has yet to be realized for all, my friends!

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are
LBJ whacked MLK for being so uppity

Of course..as any thinking person knows..the 'Republicans' and the 'Democrats' of the time were constituted quite differently than today and that, in fact, it was the Civil Rights Act of 1964 that was the final straw for many conservative Democrats and led to their flight to the Republican party.

Also..Eisenhower presided over Jim Crow--he gets Zilch from me..as far as credit is concerned. Reagan..well..at least he didn't get in the way..which is about the best that can be said. Reagan was post-Jim Crow though..and his record in California, when Civil rights was the issue...as Governor..was nothing to speak of.

We continue to try to judge those of the past using the standards and beliefs of today. We need to measure them using the standards and beliefs that were prevalent when they lived. Jefferson owned slaves, but he did great things for this country, should we denigrate him for the first and ignore the second?

but I get it, its all designed to gain some political advantage in the media by parroting a false narrative about some historical figure.
No, no you don't get it..sometimes..sometimes..it's about right and wrong. You call the narrative false..some call it informed. I love me some Tom Jefferson, but I'm not blind to some odd facts about him..and that he had his wife's half-sister--who was a black slave.....as a mistress and fathered 6 children with her--speaks to who he was as a man..regardless. In almost any age..that's a bit deviant.

Yeah..many use conflicting accounts and interpretations of historical events to bolster a modern day agenda. Surprise.

Semantics in interpretation is wisdom...semantics in conversation often obscures. Usually by design~

that's my point exactly, the definitions of right and wrong are not the same today as they were 200 years ago, or 2000 years ago. Currently there is a movement to remove all confederate and civil war statues and monuments, this is akin to the muslims in Afghanistan destroying centuries old buddhas and Christian churches. the idea that we should destroy or refuse to mention any parts of history that we don't like is simply a sure way to repeat those offensive things.

Much of what we are seeing and hearing in the media today is propaganda "this guy was a republican 200 years ago so you must hate the republicans of today". Or "Lincoln was a republican and freed the slaves so all republicans in history were great". Neither is correct but yet our media continues to push such narratives.

LBJ? Racist? Hell yeah, he was. Profane. Vulgar...consummate politician. That he was able to rise above that..is laudable, IMO.

He did more than just sign the bill..he twisted arms, he called favors...ultimately, he broke the Democratic party and handed the election to Nixon.

For the Civil Rights Act of 1964!

I was schooled by Jesuits. You?

but he did not rise above it, that's the point. He was a slime ball til the day he died.

Public schools, public college, then an MBA from the liberal bastion known as Harvard. But I must say that when I went it was still somewhat open minded and unbiased, unlike what it has become today.

Sadly, we have another Civil Rights Patriot in poor health

John Lewis

:rolleyes:
Dude, you're just trolling now.
It is an insult to MLK and all TRUE civil rights fighters to filth up this thread with this piece of garbage.
It wouldn't be hard to quote at least 50 lines from MLK speeches/writings that is categorically the opposite of this crook
If MLK were alive today...he would know John Lewis...he wouldn't know you and he definitely wouldn't support the policies you CURRENTLY stand for..so fuk what you whining about

If MLK was alive today he would still be a republican.

If Kennedy and Truman were alive today they would be republicans.

Laughable since none of them were or would have considered being a republican.

MLK was a republican. Kennedy and Truman did not think or believe what the dems of today think and believe. Would a dem of today have dropped the bombs on Japan to end the war? Would any dem of today say "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"? No, they would not.
LOLOLOLOLOL

MLK Jr. was NOT a Republican. :cuckoo:

LBJ? Racist? Hell yeah, he was. Profane. Vulgar...consummate politician. That he was able to rise above that..is laudable, IMO.

He did more than just sign the bill..he twisted arms, he called favors...ultimately, he broke the Democratic party and handed the election to Nixon.

For the Civil Rights Act of 1964!

I was schooled by Jesuits. You?

but he did not rise above it, that's the point. He was a slime ball til the day he died.

Public schools, public college, then an MBA from the liberal bastion known as Harvard. But I must say that when I went it was still somewhat open minded and unbiased, unlike what it has become today.

LOL

:rolleyes:
Dude, you're just trolling now.
It is an insult to MLK and all TRUE civil rights fighters to filth up this thread with this piece of garbage.
It wouldn't be hard to quote at least 50 lines from MLK speeches/writings that is categorically the opposite of this crook
If MLK were alive today...he would know John Lewis...he wouldn't know you and he definitely wouldn't support the policies you CURRENTLY stand for..so fuk what you whining about

If MLK was alive today he would still be a republican.

If Kennedy and Truman were alive today they would be republicans.

Laughable since none of them were or would have considered being a republican.

MLK was a republican. Kennedy and Truman did not think or believe what the dems of today think and believe. Would a dem of today have dropped the bombs on Japan to end the war? Would any dem of today say "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"? No, they would not.
LOLOLOLOLOL

MLK Jr. was NOT a Republican. :cuckoo:

Thanks for that. I looked it up and you're right about MLK not being a republican and it looks like he voted for JFK and LBJ, also.
Was Martin Luther King, Jr., a Republican or a Democrat?

Martin Luther King Jr.'s son still works to achieve the dream: 'The work is nowhere near complete'

MLK Day: Martin Luther King III wants holiday to renew equality fight

As the nation pauses Monday to honor King Jr.'s life and legacy, King III says his father's work toward peace and equality remains unfinished. The country has yet to overcome voter suppression, disparities in housing and education, poverty, police brutality and many other injustices faced by people of color.

Martin Luther King Jr.'s son still works to achieve the dream: 'The work is nowhere near complete'

As the nation pauses Monday to honor King Jr.'s life and legacy, King III says his father's work toward peace and equality remains unfinished. The country has yet to overcome voter suppression, disparities in housing and education, poverty, police brutality and many other injustices faced by people of color.

He says he wants peace, but also wants to renew the fight.

Typical lefty.

Typical lefty.
Fight over what?
Equal justice?

Typical lefty.
Fight over what?
Equal justice?

Don't care. I'm tired of people wanting to fight me over shit that has nothing to do with my actions.

Forum List

Back