Dozens of vehicles collide in massive, fiery pileup on I-81 in Pennsylvania

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
POTTSVILLE, Pennsylvania -- A collision involving as many as 40 vehicles closed a portion of Interstate 81 in Pennsylvania and sent more than a dozen people to area hospitals on Monday, according to the Schuylkill County Office of Emergency Management.

The crash in northeast Pennsylvania happened around 10:30 a.m. and John Blickley, the deputy emergency management coordinator for the agency, said officials believe a snow squall clouded visibility and likely contributed to the accident. About 40 vehicles including multiple tractor-trailers were involved in the initial crash, he said.

Dozens of vehicles collide in massive, fiery pileup on Pennsylvania highway

Damn! The guy at 40 seconds is lucky to be alive.

POTTSVILLE, Pennsylvania -- A collision involving as many as 40 vehicles closed a portion of Interstate 81 in Pennsylvania and sent more than a dozen people to area hospitals on Monday, according to the Schuylkill County Office of Emergency Management.

The crash in northeast Pennsylvania happened around 10:30 a.m. and John Blickley, the deputy emergency management coordinator for the agency, said officials believe a snow squall clouded visibility and likely contributed to the accident. About 40 vehicles including multiple tractor-trailers were involved in the initial crash, he said.

It's hard to believe that people are so fucking stupid that they don't slow down

Who is this complete jackass who took the video??
What a fine example of just how fucked up our culture is.
Standing there taking videos and laughing instead of concerned if people need help.

Standing there taking videos and laughing instead of concerned if people need help.

He was smart to stay away from the carnage. Until the crashing stops helping in a situation like that is a great way to end up dead.

Man run down trying to help skiding, out of control autos on interstate.

Man run down trying to help skiding, out of control autos on interstate.
He was laughing and making jokes.
If this was me, I would have went down towards the front and started looking and seeing if there were people stuck in their car etc. Obviously I wouldn't have went near the collision areas. WHile this guy is joking and running around laughing you can still here collisions.

If this was me, I would have went down towards the front and started looking and seeing if there were people stuck in their car etc. Obviously I wouldn't have went near the collision areas. WHile this guy is joking and running around laughing you can still here collisions.

A semi hitting the wreck site will compress everything in it's path. There IS no safe place to help.

Dude taking the video, as well as the guy standing beside his car, are both stupid. You don't stand next to your car or anywhere near any of those vehicles when this happens, or you'll end up dead, almost like that idiot did. Guy taking video should have told him to get out of there.

I hate 81, long, boring, full of idots that never slow down and can't drive. But wait till NJ where everyone is 20 over the limit and they have signs "upgrade hill maintain speed"

Not sure if you noticed, it was a a mobile moving collision.

Reactions come under the holy f**k exemption.

He specifically says he was ending the video because he was going to try to help people. Prior to that, vehicles were still colliding every couple of seconds. One nearby bystander got wiped out by a car parked on the shoulder that was hit by another car. The guy taking the video was risking his life just being that close to the road while that pileup was ongoing. I thought he took it pretty well, considering he watched his own vehicle get slammed into and destroyed.

These snow squalls are wild, covering everything in less than 5 minutes and visibility 50 feet and less. Riding along and get under a dark thunderstorm looking cloud and boom. It was cold last night and today. People went from partly sunny and 35 to blinding accumulating snow very quickly.

Forum List

Back