Downfall: The Case Against Boeing

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Great documentary, it has footage from the beginnings of Boeing, and explores their unrivaled superiority, to their falling below Airbus in sales, it is all explained. As well as some horrible corporate behavior after two of their brand new airliners caused the loss of hundreds of lives. You can kind of break it into three segments:

1) Details both of the lost aircraft and some loved ones.
2) Boeing has a disastrous merger that kills their corporate culture.
3) How this model of aircraft develops, and why they went down.

It is pretty awful how Boeing responded, and this is a perfect, clear cut example of placing the importance of profits, speed of production, and stock value over safety .

Last edited:
I'm proud to say that I flew on one of the last flights of the 737 Max and survived, before they were grounded the next day or week. Now I can look back and understand why the flight attendants were so twitchy.

I, the wife, one of our sons and grandsons flew on 737, -200(MAX8?), back in late October 2022. No issues other than the seats are slightly more narrow and had to wear face masks.
Better information is available from this Wiki link;
Production and flights are back to normal.

I, the wife, one of our sons and grandsons flew on 737, -200(MAX8?), back in late October 2022. No issues other than the seats are slightly more narrow and had to wear face masks.
You flew on them after they had been grounded for 20 months. Major safety changes and redesigns have happened since then. Well, at least I hope.

You flew on them after they had been grounded for 20 months. Major safety changes and redesigns have happened since then. Well, at least I hope.
Idiot!
Read the full link. Max-8 isn't the only version of the 737.
I no longer have my ticket copies to confirm specific model and NC#, hence the "?".

Idiot!
Read the full link. Max-8 isn't the only version of the 737.
I no longer have my ticket copies to confirm specific model and NC#, hence the "?".
Relax and act like an adult for once in your life and keep your bullshit out of this forum. Thanks.

Forum List

Back