Dow in positive territory for the year

I understand the argument, you went president , but I WENT TO THE HEART.

NOW YOU ARE DANCING.

You can not dispute recent history.

I understand that. You have to go further back under the bluedog years.

Why are you even responding. The left runs the show now.

You can not dispute recent history.

No, but you can misinterpret it.

Markets tend to run in cycles of 10-20 years of outperformance then 10-15 years of lagging returns. It does not matter who is in power. Sometimes Democrats are helpful, sometimes not. Sometimes Republicans are helpful, sometimes not.

BTW, here is a breakdown of market returns by who has been in power.

DemsGOP.png

BTW, here is a breakdown of market returns by who has been in power.

DemsGOP.png

Of course. Because the only time the repubs are fiscally wise is when there's a dem pres to kick around.

You see what they do when they have someone to rubber stamp their TRUE fiscal liberalism, though. :rolleyes: And how the market responds, too.

Hi Chris:

"Dow In Positive Territory For The Year"

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Stocks churned Friday, at the end of a mixed week on Wall Street, that nonetheless left the Dow industrials in positive territory for the year for the first time since January.

The Dow Jones industrial average (INDU) gained 28 points, or 0.3%, ending above its 2008 close of 8,776.39.

The Dow has now risen in 12 of the last 14 weeks, rising 33% in that time, for its best 14-week stretch since March 1975, according to Dow Jones.

CNNMoney.com Market Report - Jun. 12, 2009

No. The Dow is NOT in positive territory! The U.S. Dollar is CRASHING in slow motion, so you need 'more dollars' to buy the same stocks. The price of oil is going up for the same reason, because you need 'more' worthless U.S. Dollars to buy the same barrel of oil. When the value of your U.S. Dollar is cut in half, then a 10,000 Dow Jones is only 5,000 and you guys :)cuckoo:) do NOT know how to do the cotton-picking math!

The rising stock market has NOTHING to do with the fundamentals of the U.S. Economy that is CRASHING all around you amid higher Unemployment, Bankruptcies and Foreclosures (my '8 Reasons For Collapse' Post is here).

When your worthless U.S. Dollar weakens to 1/3rd the value, then the Dow Jones can go to 15,000 and set a new record, but the real value will still be 5,000.

GL,

Terral

Terral speaks wisdom here, it's the same as any other good or service you buy with inflated dollars. Just because it costs more, doesn't necessarily mean it's WORTH more.

Hi Paulie and Toro:

Terral speaks wisdom here, it's the same as any other good or service you buy with inflated dollars. Just because it costs more, doesn't necessarily mean it's WORTH more.
Terral thinks that America is going to be like Zimbabwe, where there was 79,000,000,000% inflation.

Try addressing the ‘hyperinflation’ topic and not ‘Terral’ for once.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hyRPRWaPpo"]Marc Faber On Zimbabwe School[/ame]

Marc Faber is describing the inflation environment that is created by ‘printing’ too much money, which devalues all the other dollars in the system. Now listen to Glenn Beck offering his words of wisdom on what is definitely coming for the USA and look for the hockey stick spike!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Npvl3fUks&feature=related"]Doing This To Our Children Is Immoral!!![/ame]

This has never ever been done to anybody in the USA before! You say that Marc Faber is a doomsday crybaby and Glenn Beck is a know-nothing stooge. Fine. Do not heed their warnings. However, Jim Rogers is saying the same things!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqQnScNE78s"]Jim Rogers Hyperinflation Will Consume Us[/ame]

The politicians are only making things far worse! The Bushie Administration and now the Obama Administration are trying to print our way out of DEBT by injecting even more DEBT, which is nothing short of INSANE!!!! Peter Schiff is saying the same thing . . .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUsoPT4T-Bo&"]Peter Schiff on Hyperinflation[/ame]

The Govt and the privately-owned FED are running the printing presses night and day and taking the USA down the road to Zimbabwe!!! Lyndon LaRouche has been warning about the FED flooding the markets with worthless dollars to Imminent Hyperinflation for some time:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzKQyBY0Qys&feature=channel"]LaRouche Addresses Imminent Hyperinflation Threat[/ame]

This warning was sent out last year. Let us make comparisons to his warnings from April 28, 2009.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dOaHgkAHP4"]LaRouche: What is Empire? 1/6[/ame]

This man has his hand on the pulse of the Global Economy and the U.S. Economy and he is warning that Hyperinflation is COMING. Cap and Trade is ‘HITLER POLICY’ and this is the exact road that Obama is taking!!! Gerald Celente (link) is also saying the same exact thing! Move the video forward to 7:40/9:40:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-qg-iVL_q4"]Gerald Celente: We’re Heading Into An Obamageddon!![/ame]

This is excellent Gerald Celente commentary from June 8, 2009 on the ‘Bailout Bubble’ that is definitely going to BURST. The handwriting is on the wall and far too much fiat money, backed by NOTHING, is flooding the market! The whole world is unwinding OUT OF DOLLARS right before your eyes and bankrupting the USA! Terry Coxon is the Senior Economist at Casey Research saying the exact same things:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TulZabdeTH8&feature=related"]Hyperinflation: Collapsing Dollar[/ame]

At the end of the day the Inflationary Gorilla is going to win! The Big Hammer is about to drop and El Toro has his head buried in the sand . . .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzQabWBVTg0"]Gerald Celente: The Greatest Depression[/ame]

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
The stock marekt responds to all kinds of input.

While certainly the regime in power might have an effect on it, other factors certainly play their role in what happens, too.

I did not credit Clinton for the markets rise, neither do I blame Bush II for its decline.

I'm with TORO here, trying to make political hay out of the DOW is foolish and misinformed.

While certainly the regime in power might have an effect on it, other factors certainly play their role in what happens, too.

I did not credit Clinton for the markets rise, neither do I blame Bush II for its decline.

I'm with TORO here, trying to make political hay out of the DOW is foolish and misinformed.

I'm with Terral you can't keep spending trillions of dollars with no backing and expect the outcome to be good.

I'm with Terral you can't keep spending trillions of dollars with no backing and expect the outcome to be good.

Understood.

Apparently the market takes that into account among other factors.

Because, let's face it, if the market ONLY took what the government was doing into account, then the market would be crashing, wouldn't it?

Understood.

Apparently the market takes that into account among other factors.

Because, let's face it, if the market ONLY took what the government was doing into account, then the market would be crashing, wouldn't it?
Does it really matter what the market does if our currency means absolutely nothing? No, I don't believe government is the only factor in the market.

Hi Editec:

The stock market responds to all kinds of input.

Republican or Democrat or upper class and lower class have NOTHING to do with hyper-inflating the currency to orchestrate a Dollar COLLAPSE very much on purpose. Nobody is making political hay out of anything, but Toro has his head in the sand and so does Editec the very same way. You guys talk and talk and offer no monetary expert or commentator to back up your supposed hypothesis about what is really happening. In other words, Editec is willing to ignore all of the testimony in my post above to whine about political hay. Great!

The US Giant Ponzi Scheme Is Ready To Collapse

The USA is issuing Junk Bonds and the world is figuring that out.

GL,

Terral

Oh, but I agree that you cannot keep spending trillions of dollars without serious reprecusions.

But that is a far cry from saying there is going to be 79 billion percent inflation. Inflation is coming, maybe 5% or 10%, but not 79,000,000,000%

Context people. Context.

Last edited:
Hi Toro:

Oh, but I agree that you cannot keep spending trillions of dollars without serious repercussions.

But that is a far cry from saying there is going to be 79 billion percent inflation. Inflation is coming, maybe 5% or 10%, but not 79,000,000,000%

Context people. Context.

Inflation begins at 5%, then 10% and then climbs out of control 'and' by then the situation is FAR out of hand. The seeds for hyperinflation have already been sown and we are waiting to see the beanstalk climb into the sky . . .

Gerald Celente says "America like Zimbabwe" in a . . .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zmfTPePjgA"]. . . Total Collapse . . . [/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QDxwbJlKDw&NR=1]Part 2[/ame]

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
I'll give you some context....The looming demographic train wreck, viz. entitlement spending.

That's why we should raise the rate of retirement for social security and medicare to 72. Most of those liabilities will melt away just by changing the age at which entitlements are given.

We should also start investing social security like a real pension fund, like other countries around the world do. SS should invest in other securities other than US bonds. The compounding effect of earning 7% instead of 4% is astounding.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back