Dow Hits 36,000! Profits soaring!!

DOW down to 33,000 as profits are shrinking under Joe Biden... Let's Go Brandon!
It's one thing to point out that things are worse under Biden.
It's another thing entirely to actually take pleasure (which you obviously are - no matter how much you deny it) in the misery that this is causing tens of millions of Americans.
You selfish prick.

It's another thing entirely to actually take pleasure (which you obviously are - no matter how much you deny it) in the misery that this is causing tens of millions of Americans.
You selfish prick.
You mean like the people who blame WWI on Trump?

You selfish prick.
Actually, if you knew anything about the stock market, this is a buying time period in which the patient investor doesn't worry about because they are in it for the long haul. And, nice try to deflect away from the real selfish prick, Biden. He's the one causing all this. But, as the market has always done, will go back up once the Dems are destroyed in November.

If all you trumpers are so sure the market is going to tank,why don't you short the market?
Who says we haven't? Makes no difference because most people are in mutual funds or managed accounts and are in it for the long haul. This is a buying time...

Who says we haven't? Makes no difference because most people are in mutual funds or managed accounts and are in it for the long haul. This is a buying time...
Today the Dow is down about 10.5%. If you're sitting on cash and short term bonds, now is a good time to start buying. I say start buying because there is no way to accurately predict where the market is going over the short term and it is almost impossible to predict the bottom Just as a ruff rule of thumb, I purchase with each drop of 2% in market after a 10% fall. The biggest mistake people make in buying into a falling market is waiting for the bottom. Even if you could predict the bottom actually buying in can be a big problem. I remember in 2007 when the market collapsed. The market fell like a rock in one day and within a couple of days the market had recovered most of it's loss. Today it can move even faster.

Last edited:
Today the Dow is down about 10.5%. If you're sitting on cash and short term bonds, now is a good time to start buying. I say start buying because there is no way to accurately predict where the market is going over the short term and it is almost impossible to predict the bottom Just as a ruff rule of thumb, I purchase with each drop of 2% in market after a 10% fall. The biggest mistake people make in buying into a falling market is waiting for the bottom. Even if you could predict the bottom actually buying in can be a big problem. I remember in 2007 when the market collapsed. The market fell like a rock in one day and within a couple of days the market had recovered most of it's loss. Today it can move even faster.
100% agree! Also, as dividends and capital gains are paid out, those go in at a lower price as well. In it for the long haul, buy and hold.

100% agree! Also, as dividends and capital gains are paid out, those go in at a lower price as well. In it for the long haul, buy and hold.
I find it amazing that so much of the public is still trying to make the quick bucks, trading and speculating when the odds are really stacked against them. They are competing against professionals with deep pockets and resources that they could never match. Also goverment stacks the chips against them with high taxes on short term gains and rewards buy and hold investors with low long term capital gains taxes and tax sheltered retirement plans.

Interest rate went up and the stock market has taken advantage.

I find it amazing that so much of the public is still trying to make the quick bucks, trading and speculating when the odds are really stacked against them. They are competing against professionals with deep pockets and resources that they could never match. Also goverment stacks the chips against them with high taxes on short term gains and rewards buy and hold investors with low long term capital gains taxes and tax sheltered retirement plans.
Only 20% of the investors are buying individual stocks. Most are in retirement plans like 401ks and IRAs. There is a bit more individual stock buying because of managed account advisors now as well. But, they are all trying to time the market and it's well known that one cannot time the market. Even with all the new tech abilities as well.

Actually, if you knew anything about the stock market, this is a buying time period in which the patient investor doesn't worry about because they are in it for the long haul. And, nice try to deflect away from the real selfish prick, Biden. He's the one causing all this. But, as the market has always done, will go back up once the Dems are destroyed in November.

I sure hope you are right, but there is no underestimating how much damage Biden can do in the next 6 months. He is either (A) a very unlucky idiot who just happens to do everything wrong, (B) a genius intent on destroying the US, or (C) a puppet of our enemies. I'll go with option C. I am also not sure the Democrats won't make sure they keep just enough seats in Congress in 2022...by any means necessary.

I sure hope you are right, but there is no underestimating how much damage Biden can do in the next 6 months. He is either (A) a very unlucky idiot who just happens to do everything wrong, (B) a genius intent on destroying the US, or (C) a puppet of our enemies. I'll go with option C. I am also not sure the Democrats won't make sure they keep just enough seats in Congress in 2022...by any means necessary.
Ya, I'm sure they will try everything to illegally win enough seats at least in the Senate. I'm not sure what the Republicans are doing about it to stop it. Hopefully something.

We give presidents far too much blame and credit for the economy. By far the biggest presidential impact is the appointment of the Federal Reserve Chairmen and governors. Congress has a much bigger impact than the president because congress controls the purse strings. They approve or disapprove of tax increases, and cuts, as well as major spending programs. However, the private sector being larger than government has a bigger impact than either the president or congress.

Ya, I'm sure they will try everything to illegally win enough seats at least in the Senate. I'm not sure what the Republicans are doing about it to stop it. Hopefully something.
It might seem strange but the overturning of Rowe may be exactly what democrats need to win congress in the Fall. If somehow the court fails to overturn Rowe, democrats will likely lose seats in both houses. However if Rowe is overturn, the 70% of women voters who support Rowe may well be a big problem for republicans. In the last election 9 million more women than men voted and 58% voted for Biden

It might seem strange but the overturning of Rowe may be exactly what democrats need to win congress in the Fall. If somehow the court fails to overturn Rowe, democrats will likely lose seats in both houses. However if Rowe is overturn, the 70% of women voters who support Rowe may well be a big problem for republicans. In the last election 9 million more women than men voted and 58% voted for Biden
That's all true. But, it isn't the thing women are really concerned with right now. Putting food on the table and other issues the Republicans can go at them with like what happened at the schools. I do wish they would have held off until after the election. That wasn't smart.

The market numbers as contrasted to the struggles working people are experiencing is a clear indication of corporate greed. Very few seem to tie those things together and I understand that both parties use market numbers to define the overall economy and try to beat each other up but as many here know, Presidents factor very little in market fluctuations. But record profits while all but the wealthiest are hurting is a sign that corporations care more about their shareholders than those of us who buy their products and services and without whom there would be no them. . At times like this it demonstrates the need for including those folks in what are considered corporate fiduciary responsibilities. We need legislation to address this sort of thing. Any ideas?

THIS IS NOT A BUYING TIME----market is sinking further. Dems are seizing more power for the chinese and billionaire masters---trying to make us all serfs. World leaders blow up and destroy everyone----especially in their own nations---we are seeing the death throws of the US.

That's all true. But, it isn't the thing women are really concerned with right now. Putting food on the table and other issues the Republicans can go at them with like what happened at the schools. I do wish they would have held off until after the election. That wasn't smart.
I think most women are more concerned with lost of the right to control their bodies than the price of a gallon of gas. Inflation is a temporary economic condition, the lost of the right to chose is not. Voting for republicans who were instrumental in taking that right away is not going to be an easy sell.

Since the major source of the inflation is an embargo of Russian oil which both parties supported and the break in supply chain mostly outside of the US, it is highly unlikely that republicans will be able to do any better than democrats at solving the problem. The current rate of inflation is 8.5% and projected by Federal Reserve to be down to 4.3% by end of the year, so it may not even be a major issue by election time.

Last edited:
Only 20% of the investors are buying individual stocks. Most are in retirement plans like 401ks and IRAs. There is a bit more individual stock buying because of managed account advisors now as well. But, they are all trying to time the market and it's well known that one cannot time the market. Even with all the new tech abilities as well.
If the feds are successful in reducing the growth of the money supply before consumers stop buying do to increasing prices, then this correction will just be a bump road but if consumers sharply reduce spending in next few months, then the market will fall a lot lower and we will probably go into a recession.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
The DOW started falling in late 2007 and did not stop until early April, 2009.

The macroeconomic fundamentals are lousy right now.
High inflation, LOTS of debt, rising interest rates, possibly heading into a recession.

The Fed was the main reason the equity markets have boomed over the last 13 years.
And now they are raising rates AND cutting back on their balance sheet.
None of that is good for the markets.

I say this is a terrible time to buy - unless you are a day trader and looking for a quick fix.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA

Forum List

Back