Dow down 831 points over fears of trade war with China

Rates are going up to cool off the booming economy. Some money will shift to interest bearing investments and the like, less business borrowing. This is standard.

They have to raise rates to curb inflation

The Dow is 29 percent higher than it was on Trump's inauguration day.

At this point in Obama's presidency, the Dow was up 38 percent from the day of his inauguration.

And that's despite the Dow diving for some time after he took office due to the crash.

I never once saw a single pseueodocon start a topic praising Obama's performance of the Dow.

Not. Once.

Interesting, eh?

Obama inherited a Dow at 7900. He also inherited an unemployment rate of almost 10% and when he left office it was at 4.6%
But Trump is taking all the credit, of course, as if all that transpired in the 30 days after he took office.

The Dow climbed 300 percent on Obama's watch.

Not one topic in allllllllllll that time from the pseudocons praising his performance.

Not. One.

Man, you can smell the stench of their hypocrisy all the way to the fucking moon, in the vacuum of space!

The honeymoon with Trump and the misconception by his sheep that he's MAGA is quickly coming to an end.

So much for his negotiation skills.

So much for his "art of the deal".

So much for all that "winning".

Major Stock Indexes
4:13 PM EDT 10/10/2018
LAST CHANGE % CHG

DJIA 25598.74 -831.83 -3.15%

Why the US trade war against China is bound to fail

Actually the market is concerned about rapidly increasing bond yields.

But congratulations on today's drop, I'm sure it makes you happy.

Party over country and all.

That's rich. The GOP has become the Trump Cult. All that's missing are mass marriages.

But back to topic: this article came out yesterday, driving the drop that happened today:

Switching around the 18,927 codes that identify imported goods is an increasingly popular way some Chinese exporters are ducking American tariffs
The U.S.-China Trade Battle Spawns a New Era of Tariff Dodges

"""""Every product imported into the U.S. carries a 10-digit designation called an HTS code, of which there are 18,927 in all. Like a taxonomic version of Noah’s Ark, the code provides a common language to bridge disparate markets and identify products in all their variety.

In a world of increasing tariffs, the code has another function: evading those levies. The business of code-fudging is expanding in step with tariff increases, undermining U.S. efforts to shield American business from foreign competition, according to importers, customs officials, trade attorneys and shipping brokers.

As trade conflict grows between the two largest economies, these professionals say, code misclassification is starting to compete with transshipment—the rerouting of goods through third countries—as a way to duck tariffs."""

Go to any financial news site. Yahoo, Reuters, MarketWatch. They'll all say the same thing I did.

This is my profession. You're just playing transparent partisan politics.

At this point in Obama's presidency, the Dow was up 38 percent from the day of his inauguration.

And that's despite the Dow diving for some time after he took office due to the crash.

I never once saw a single pseueodocon start a topic praising Obama's performance of the Dow.

Not. Once.

Interesting, eh?

Obama inherited a Dow at 7900. He also inherited an unemployment rate of almost 10% and when he left office it was at 4.6%
But Trump is taking all the credit, of course, as if all that transpired in November 2016.
Yep, we were bleeding 600,000 jobs a month when Obama was sworn in.

Never saw a single pseudocon start a topic about how great the turnaround was.

Not. One.

Instead, they made up hilarious bullshit that the real unemployment was 42 percent. Until the day after Trump was elected. :lol:

Trump is elected on third base, and the tards think he hit a triple.

Since being elected, Trump has been accelerating our deficits, increasing our debt at a faster and faster clip. Just in time for interest rate hikes by the Fed.

Obama's deficits got smaller and smaller as he went along. Man, what a waste. Trump's been blowing them back up like gangbusters. He's on track to easily break Obama's debt record.

Not a word about China --

What's Bubbling Under the Surface of the Stock Market

dimocraps are such incredible scumbags. When the Markets go up, they credit The Lying Cocksucker in Chief, when they go down, they blame Trump.

dimocrap scum simply do not like America or Americans. Look around. Listen to what they say.

I am right

I don't know where you got that link.
It's not mine.
I don't post links to blogs.
My links are from the WSJ.

That's correct.
Who would know better than the CEO of Alibaba, a Chinese conglomerate so huge it makes Amazon look like Toys R Us.

Another dishonest dimocrap scumabg piece of shit.

Alibaba's Market Cap is at 358 Billion

https://www.google.com/search?q=mar...hrome.0.0l2.8095j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Amazon's is at 856 Billion.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mar...0j69i60j0l3.7482j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

And Alibaba is currently falling off a cliff.

You idiots can't get anything right. No wonder you're a dimocrap

Maga. Dow is well below highs of January. It is October....

The DJI down more than 1000 points from the day that Trump launched his first tariff volley of the stupid fucking trade war.

Actually, I am glad that Trump has enough nerves to go after the "Big Bully" China. For too long, we have been bullied by the commies, that it's time we put a stop to it.

It's also time, we start buying US-made products. As well, as keep these jobs from going overseas.
It maybe bad for Amazon and Walmart, since they sell China-imported crap like Sony, and other stuff we use everyday.
I doubt it will send any message to these big companies and corporations, that we need to start standing up to China!

Bring back "Made in the USA!"
#BoycottMadeInChina

Damn son, get your head out of the kook aid trough.

If you wish to buy things made here, you have the freedom to do so. I do not need your nor your statist government telling me what to buy and where from.

All this bullshit about being bullied or fucked over, it is all just lies your party masters have told you.

Look around, we are 110 months into the 2nd longest period of economic expansion in the history of the country, 3.7% unemployment with more jobs than people to fill them, we had record setting financial markets till Trump started this fucking stupid trade war.

He is going to put us through years of pain and in the end the difference will be as tiny as the difference with the new NAFTA was.

Not one topic in allllllllllll that time from the pseudocons praising his performance.

Not. One.

Man, you can smell the stench of their hypocrisy all the way to the fucking moon, in the vacuum of space!
Adding ten trillion in debt might have something to do with that....yet BO never had a year with 3% GDP growth.

You guys like to say BO had to double the debt because of what Bush did. So, does Trump also get the benefit of blaming his predecessor? Of course not.

Not. Once.

Interesting, eh?

But Trump is taking all the credit, of course, as if all that transpired in November 2016.

Not. One.

Instead, they made up hilarious bullshit that the real unemployment was 42 percent. Until the day after Trump was elected. :lol:

Since being elected, Trump has been accelerating our deficits, increasing our debt at a faster and faster clip. Just in time for interest rate hikes by the Fed.

Obama inhertited TARP, which saved the country. Unemployment went higher after the stimulus money was spent. The economy bottomed out when he came into office. The economy moves in cycles and Obama was lucky as far as timing. His policies hurt the economy, not helped it.

The honeymoon with Trump and the misconception by his sheep that he's MAGA is quickly coming to an end.

So much for his negotiation skills.

So much for his "art of the deal".

So much for all that "winning".

Major Stock Indexes
4:13 PM EDT 10/10/2018
LAST CHANGE % CHG

DJIA 25598.74 -831.83 -3.15%

Why the US trade war against China is bound to fail

No it ain't. You liars post this bullshit every few days and it never comes to pass. All you are is liars.

Not. One.

Adding ten trillion in debt might have something to do with that....yet BO never had a year with 3% GDP growth.

You guys like to say BO had to double the debt because of what Bush did. So, does Trump also get the benefit of blaming his predecessor? Of course not.
...and the Fed bailing out BO's donors and keeping rates at near zero...but still never attained 3% GDP growth.

Well, look at this way. Someday the tards will be able to start another topic bragging about Trump bringing the Dow over 26,000. :lol:

I hope!

Not. Once.

Interesting, eh?

Not. One.

Obama's deficits got smaller and smaller as he went along. Man, what a waste. Trump's been blowing them back up like gangbusters. He's on track to easily break Obama's debt record.

And when it happens, you won't read about it here.
I remember the b.s. about the "real" unemployment rate being at 42%.
And how Obama was going to take their guns away.
So is the current unemployment rate really at 3.6%?
We're supposed to blindly believe that.
If it is, it's the shit service jobs that people have to have, two or three of them at a time, in order to get by since wages are flat.

The market exploded under Obama because institutional investors saw the Fed pouring FOUR TRILLION DOLLARS into markets, and it was the easiest and most predictable feeding frenzy ever.

Obama absolutely did the right thing by standing back and allowing it, considering the fucking disaster he took over from Dubya, but painting him as some kind of economic/stock market savior is just more partisan politics. Or abject willful ignorance. Or both.

Not. One.

It was a little over 7 trillion, not ten trillion.

I predicted you guys would keep making Obama's debt bigger and bigger as Trump's debt got bigger and bigger. :lol:

You're so pathetically predictable.

Adding debt had something to do with the Dow climbing 300 percent?

How...Keynesian of you to say that!

Since Trump has been increasing our deficits, is that why the Dow has gone up 29 percent since he was sworn in?

The market exploded under Obama because institutional investors saw the Fed pouring FOUR TRILLION DOLLARS into markets, and it was the easiest and most predictable feeding frenzy ever.

Obama absolutely did the right thing by standing back and allowing it, considering the fucking disaster he took over from Dubya, but painting him as some kind of economic/stock market savior is just more partisan politics. Or abject willful ignorance. Or both.

He increased regulation tenfold and raised taxes. He didn’t just stand out of the way. It would have been better had he.

Not. One.

It's the stench of their racism.
It's becoming clear now that this country was not ready for a black president.
Trump is the uber-white, silver-spooned backlash who didn't use words with more than two syllables.
THAT they can relate to.

He increased regulation tenfold and raised taxes. He didn’t just stand out of the way. It would have been better had he.
Obama did not increase regulation tenfold. Jesus, you guys are pathetic. You think something becomes truer the more you say it.

Obama raised taxes. Yup. And revenues increased! Something your propagandists have kept from you. On purpose. SHHHHH!

Forum List

Back