This is Interesting, Dow sinking

You know, when the first big crash happened in 2008, it continued for weeks. If the stock market continues to drop tomorrow and Friday, I'm expecting another recession like we had in 2008.

One of the reasons that I think that a recession is coming if the stock market continues to drop, is because when the US stock market took a big hit, it ended up echoing in other stock markets, causing THEM to drop, and the whole think just kept going.

Rest of the week is gonna be interesting.

You know, when the first big crash happened in 2008, it continued for weeks. If the stock market continues to drop tomorrow and Friday, I'm expecting another recession like we had in 2008.

One of the reasons that I think that a recession is coming if the stock market continues to drop, is because when the US stock market took a big hit, it ended up echoing in other stock markets, causing THEM to drop, and the whole think just kept going.

Rest of the week is gonna be interesting.
Largely agree but this time it was China that had the big first hit. Extending your model we will not know what is happening in Asia until after 8 PM EST and whether the wheels are coming off in China or this was just a scare.

So what do you all think? Anybody buying tomorrow? I want to hear something out of the Fed Chair other than "I'm raising rates and that's just the way it is".
actually I began to load up on selling puts today shortly after I wrote the OP

The big problems are in the Far East:

Where the logistics chains are moving to get out of the crossfire.
where the implicit discounting of costs, earnings and wages have to be computed in US dollars because China is inflating like crazy.
China is in huge danger of its bubble busting making it more problematical as both a supplier and as a market.

the down beat goes on.

We're gonna have this volatility until the trade war is over. The market reacts to NEWS. If the news is bad, the market goes down (and vice versa). It'll rebound. This isn't the first time it's dropped and it won't be the last. Buy when the market is down and sell when the market is up.

Well, at 12:31 CST, on 11 October 2018, the market is down 151 points and still dropping.

If it drops over 300 today, then it may end up being like 2008.

I don't see the comparison to 2008. That was driven by irresponsible lending and banking practices that caused a global financial collapse. I suppose if we have a couple more countries economies go belly up like Venezuela that could ripple through in a bad way. Other than that I don't see anything causing a protracted bear market right now.

I don't see the comparison to 2008. That was driven by irresponsible lending and banking practices that caused a global financial collapse. I suppose if we have a couple more countries economies go belly up like Venezuela that could ripple through in a bad way. Other than that I don't see anything causing a protracted bear market right now.

Really? Because a lot of analysts are saying that the market is dropping in response to Trump's tariffs and trade war.

Forum List

Back