Dow down 831 points over fears of trade war with China

The honeymoon with Trump and the misconception by his sheep that he's MAGA is quickly coming to an end.

So much for his negotiation skills.

So much for his "art of the deal".

So much for all that "winning".

Major Stock Indexes
4:13 PM EDT 10/10/2018
LAST CHANGE % CHG

DJIA 25598.74 -831.83 -3.15%

Why the US trade war against China is bound to fail

Total bullshit. They sold of bonds today too and I made money on my bond short. They weren't running for safety. They were profit taking.

The honeymoon with Trump and the misconception by his sheep that he's MAGA is quickly coming to an end.

Major Stock Indexes
LAST CHANGE % CHG

Total bullshit. They sold of bonds today too and I made money on my bond short. They weren't running for safety. They were profit taking.

Sure, no doubt that is happening as well. Many things play into this, rising interest rates aren't helping along with taking on the whole world at once in trade. Had he went one deal at a time he probably would get better terms on all of them. But that isn't his way it is all blather and bullshit so yes these trade wars will have a bigger affect then they otherwise should.

Major Stock Indexes
LAST CHANGE % CHG

Actually the market is concerned about rapidly increasing bond yields.

But congratulations on today's drop, I'm sure it makes you happy.

Party over country and all.

Whatever benefit the economy received from the ill-conceived tax cuts and Trump's radical deregulation is fleeting and going to pot because 1) any benefit the country received from the tax cuts and deregulation is at best ephemeral if not chimerical and 2) it is all being undermined by Trump's erratic behavior and trade policies as well as GOP spendthrift and irresponsible fiscal management.

Whatever benefit the economy received from the ill-conceived tax cuts and Trump's radical deregulation is fleeting and going to pot because 1) any benefit the country received from the tax cuts and deregulation is at best ephemeral if not chimerical and 2) it is all being undermined by Trump's erratic behavior and trade policies as well as GOP spendthrift and irresponsible fiscal management.

3) October is historically one of the slowest months for the markets...But congrats on putting party/country, tovarich.

Last edited:

Major Stock Indexes
LAST CHANGE % CHG

We are already in a trade war with China.

It was long overdue. Ever since Clinton (the Slick Willy one).

October is traditionally the slowest month for the markets.....Must be a slow day in the "news" rooms too.

While it is certainly fun to pretend this is normal for Oct, that facts do not support your claim.

Oct 2017 the DJI went up 4%
Oct 2017 the DJI went down .91%
Oct 2015 the DJI went up 8.47%
Oct 2014 the DJI went up 2.04%
Oct 2013 the DJI went up 2.75%

There is no doubt the standoff with China is causing bad things to happen in the Markets.

But while we're down 2 or 3 percent since January, the lying, thieving, corrupt, totalitarian Chinese communist scum markets are down TWENTY percent or more.

people, mostly leftist scum idiots, don't understand that the Chinese Opium Wars were caused by Chinese arrogance. 100%

Look into it. I doubt Jimmy Kimmel will inform you on it.

The Chinese are incredibly arrogant. Even when they're wrong, as in this case -- Totally, they won't admit it.

But they need to. Fast. We got along quite well without the Chinese for 2,000 years. We can get along without them again.

THEY are the ones making out like bandits from us. We do NOT need them. They need us. And anybody that thinks otherwise is simply stupid as fuck.

We brought them out of their incredible poverty. Nixon did. We can send them back

Major Stock Indexes
LAST CHANGE % CHG

It's the third largest point drop in history, dumbass. And the 16th largest percentage drop.

October is traditionally the slowest month for the markets.....Must be a slow day in the "news" rooms too.

While it is certainly fun to pretend this is normal for Oct, that facts do not support your claim.

Oct 2017 the DJI went up 4%
Oct 2017 the DJI went down .91%
Oct 2015 the DJI went up 8.47%
Oct 2014 the DJI went up 2.04%
Oct 2013 the DJI went up 2.75%
4th worst...My mistake....September is the softest.

That's still the bottom 25%, the very recent history notwithstanding.

Why Does the Stock Market Go Lower in October?

Major Stock Indexes
LAST CHANGE % CHG

It's the third largest point drop in history, dumbass.

Hey, idiot. It was 3%. THE SKY IS FALLING!

Teaching lunatic libtardos the difference between points and percentage is a waste of time.

They think Krugman is a god and he's been proven an idiot for decades now.

5 out of 10 of the largest point drops in Dow history have been on Trump's watch.

Maga. Dow is well below highs of January. It is October....

We're 1200 points behind our highest-of-all-time records in October. Roughly 4 points.

The Hang Seng is down THOUSANDS of points. Over 20 percent.

Shanghai is down 20 percent.

We're winning. Something dimocrap FILTH can't stand for America to do.

Because dimocraps are scum

Major Stock Indexes
LAST CHANGE % CHG

Everytime it goes down, "Trade war with China" every time it goes up "the market is overpriced, people are buying on exuberance" Or the best one, "thanks Obama"...

Major Stock Indexes
LAST CHANGE % CHG

Everytime it goes down, "Trade war with China" every time it goes up "the market is overpriced, people are buying on exuberance" Or the best one, "thanks Obama"...

It has not gone up on almost a year, so I do not what we will say when ,and if, it finally does.

Forum List

Back