"Don't say we weren't warned!"

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
Ronald Reagan speaks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rSe4CskmEY]"Don't say we weren't warned!" - YouTube[/ame]

"I'm here to get some more 'Obama Money'"

"I voted for Obama because he gives me stuff."

As heard in the 2008 election:
Woman screaming; "He's going to pay for my groceries!!"
Man questioning; "Where's he going to get the money?"
Woman screaming; "From his stash!!!!"

As Michael Levin said it last night on the CSpan recording: The Congress that enacted Obamacare by every means of deceit, duplicity, and subterfuge, legal and illegal, is no longer here, yet we still bear its burden.

I'll never forgive Raygun (R) for raising taxes :eusa_snooty: :(

I'll never forgive Raygun for his idiotic idea of a 500 ship Navy. In doing so, he damn near broke it. Sending ships overseas for deployment at only 85 percent manning is a bad thing to do.

I know it's wiki

it's strange that Reagan would build up the military and have what you claim he had. So to answer your statement it was the democrats in congress that did it.
End of the plan
Eventually political pressure to reduce the national budget deficit resulted in Congress reversing itself and passing a series of declining defense budgets beginning in 1986. Weinberger clashed with Congress over the cuts, resigning in late 1987, and was succeeded by the more pragmatic Frank Carlucci.[2] Lehman's successor as Navy Secretary, Jim Webb, remained a fierce proponent of the expanded fleet, and disagreed with Carlucci over how to cut the Navy budget in line with other services. Webb resigned rather than endorse Carlucci's cut of 16 frigates.[3] As revealed in The Reagan Diaries, Reagan reflected about Webb's resignation on February 22, 1988: "Present Sec. Webb resigned over budget cuts. I don't think Navy was sorry to see him go."
Following the dissolution of the Soviet Union in the early 1990s and the lack of a perceived threat against the United States, several of the Reagan Administration's policies and plans, such as the "600-ship Navy", were scaled back or abandoned. U.S. bases across Europe and North America were slowly decommissioned and closed, others were mothballed. In the Navy, this resulted in the retirement of several older carriers, the decommissioning of all four of the Iowa-class battleships and the cancellation of the remaining Seawolf-class submarines.
As of 2012, there are 284 ships in the U.S. Navy.[4] However, the United States still maintains the largest navy in the world, with a battle fleet tonnage greater than that of the next 13 largest navies combined.[5]
600-ship Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hey stupid...........unlike you, I actually served during this time. There were many times that when we were inport some reps from other ships would come up and ask if we had any people (in certain rates) who would be willing to go TAD to their ship and deploy with them for the cruise because they were missing CRITICAL PEOPLE and needed them to deploy.

And............if you've got any friends who were serving in the Navy during Reagan or shortly after, ask them about Reagan's 500 ship Navy. They'll also tell you it was one of the biggest mistakes ever.

I'll never forgive Raygun for his idiotic idea of a 500 ship Navy. In doing so, he damn near broke it. Sending ships overseas for deployment at only 85 percent manning is a bad thing to do.

I know it's wiki

it's strange that Reagan would build up the military and have what you claim he had. So to answer your statement it was the democrats in congress that did it.
End of the plan
Eventually political pressure to reduce the national budget deficit resulted in Congress reversing itself and passing a series of declining defense budgets beginning in 1986. Weinberger clashed with Congress over the cuts, resigning in late 1987, and was succeeded by the more pragmatic Frank Carlucci.[2] Lehman's successor as Navy Secretary, Jim Webb, remained a fierce proponent of the expanded fleet, and disagreed with Carlucci over how to cut the Navy budget in line with other services. Webb resigned rather than endorse Carlucci's cut of 16 frigates.[3] As revealed in The Reagan Diaries, Reagan reflected about Webb's resignation on February 22, 1988: "Present Sec. Webb resigned over budget cuts. I don't think Navy was sorry to see him go."
Following the dissolution of the Soviet Union in the early 1990s and the lack of a perceived threat against the United States, several of the Reagan Administration's policies and plans, such as the "600-ship Navy", were scaled back or abandoned. U.S. bases across Europe and North America were slowly decommissioned and closed, others were mothballed. In the Navy, this resulted in the retirement of several older carriers, the decommissioning of all four of the Iowa-class battleships and the cancellation of the remaining Seawolf-class submarines.
As of 2012, there are 284 ships in the U.S. Navy.[4] However, the United States still maintains the largest navy in the world, with a battle fleet tonnage greater than that of the next 13 largest navies combined.[5]

Hey stupid...........unlike you, I actually served during this time. There were many times that when we were inport some reps from other ships would come up and ask if we had any people (in certain rates) who would be willing to go TAD to their ship and deploy with them for the cruise because they were missing CRITICAL PEOPLE and needed them to deploy.

And............if you've got any friends who were serving in the Navy during Reagan or shortly after, ask them about Reagan's 500 ship Navy. They'll also tell you it was one of the biggest mistakes ever.
Hey fuck wit I also served while Reagan was President go suck another dick.

I know it's wiki

End of the plan

Hey fuck wit I also served while Reagan was President go suck another dick.

Yo.........asshole..........you were a jetter puke here Stateside. What the fuck did you know about the Navy?

I know it's wiki

End of the plan

hey... Big did his time in the military too.... He helped the president run NATO! :rofl:

I know it's wiki

End of the plan

hey... Big did his time in the military too.... He helped the president run NATO! :rofl:
I said I was a part of NATO, you didn't fall far from the stupid tree did you?

yes, I know... you changed urinal cakes in the mens room at NATO HQ.

Actually, I think he said something about being a security officer. Maybe he was the one guarding the doors to the bathroom.

No I watched over nukes with fully loaded M16. The navy only allowed you to carry unloaded weapons, isn't that correct?

Actually, I think he said something about being a security officer. Maybe he was the one guarding the doors to the bathroom.

No I watched over nukes with fully loaded M16. The navy only allowed you to carry unloaded weapons, isn't that correct?

Wrong answer sportcheck. We carried nukes onboard the ship (I was a PRP load team member, so I also got to handle the weapon), and when we went through our drills, it was Marines with loaded weapons guarding the doors to the front hangar on the ship.

When I was stationed at Naval War College in Newport RI I walked around with a fully loaded 9mm, and on occasion, sometimes also had a shotgun available as well whenever I was doing my Security Force watches. Whenever we came off watch, we had to go to the barrel, and unload and safe the gun.

What else you got?

I don't know. Given that he is a plumber now, and not in the security field, I think changing urinal cakes (he might have eaten one too many as well) is a much more believable position for him with NATO.

Forum List

Back