Don't Be Fooled by the Unemployent Rate - Obama's Slight of Hand

You are not comprehending what is on page one 76% said they will continue to work and page two says 17% will retire
What in the fuck is wrong with you dumb ass.
76% is greater than 17%
Again with the perpetual dumb act, page 2 says no such thing!! Gallup surveyed two groups of people, those approaching retirement age and those who passed it. Of the 636 of retirement age surveyed, only 17% retired after age 65. Gallup makes it quite clear that while they EXPECT to keep working beyond 65 before they reach retirement age, once they actually get to retirement age,in reality all but 17% end up retiring by age 65.

Read this part from YOUR link again slowly:

"However, while the age workers expect to retire is growing, few retirees have been able to delay retirement past age 65. Just 17 percent of the retirees in the Gallup survey left the workforce after age 65."
page fucking one you dumb son of a bitch 76% said they will not be retiring
September data: A-13. Employment status of the civilian noninstitutional population by age sex and race
For those 65 and older (not in a retirement home etc) 18.5% are in the labor force and 17.8% are employed.
Being retired, I know about 25 people who are retired. There are 3 that are working part time and only 1 that's working full time. The gentlemen that's working full time recently retired at 65 and plans to work 3 more years. Those working part time range from about 64 to 80. So 17% is probably a good number, however I think most of them are working much less 40 hours a week.
ok I know quite a few retired age people who are still working I've worked with a few of them NOW WHAT?
It seems most people plan to do some kind of work after they retire. I worked as a consultant and teacher for about a year and half. I would be really surprised to learn that half the 17%, if that's what it is, works more than 3 or 4 years and I would bet a lot of those are not working 40 hours a week.

Yep, because we all know friends, neighbors and family who are not happy with the job situation. That's why most people know the stats are BS.
Actually, most people I know are happy with the job situation. I have one friend who was struggling for a while, but finally found a steady job, and has some other opportunities.

So whose personal experience and anecdotes win?

The polls show who is right. They overwhelmingly support my case!

Yep, because we all know friends, neighbors and family who are not happy with the job situation. That's why most people know the stats are BS.
Actually, most people I know are happy with the job situation. I have one friend who was struggling for a while, but finally found a steady job, and has some other opportunities.

The one that closely fits her's.

Again with the perpetual dumb act, page 2 says no such thing!! Gallup surveyed two groups of people, those approaching retirement age and those who passed it. Of the 636 of retirement age surveyed, only 17% retired after age 65. Gallup makes it quite clear that while they EXPECT to keep working beyond 65 before they reach retirement age, once they actually get to retirement age,in reality all but 17% end up retiring by age 65.

Read this part from YOUR link again slowly:

"However, while the age workers expect to retire is growing, few retirees have been able to delay retirement past age 65. Just 17 percent of the retirees in the Gallup survey left the workforce after age 65."
page fucking one you dumb son of a bitch 76% said they will not be retiring
September data: A-13. Employment status of the civilian noninstitutional population by age sex and race
For those 65 and older (not in a retirement home etc) 18.5% are in the labor force and 17.8% are employed.
Being retired, I know about 25 people who are retired. There are 3 that are working part time and only 1 that's working full time. The gentlemen that's working full time recently retired at 65 and plans to work 3 more years. Those working part time range from about 64 to 80. So 17% is probably a good number, however I think most of them are working much less 40 hours a week.
ok I know quite a few retired age people who are still working I've worked with a few of them NOW WHAT?
It seems most people plan to do some kind of work after they retire. I worked as a consultant and teacher for about a year and half. I would be really surprised to learn that half the 17%, if that's what it is, works more than 3 or 4 years and I would bet a lot of those are not working 40 hours a week.
Those who planned to retire 30+% could not 40+% continued to work because they wanted to.

The one that closely fits her's.

Thanks, bigreb!!!

It's obvious to the whole world Obama is a loser and can't be trusted in anything he says. That's why no one believes his stats, as we all know, LOL

Forum List

Back