Donald Trump Says U.S. Will Recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s Capital

In fact, no US military personnel have died because of US support for Israel.
So Islamic terrorists murdered 17 US Sailors because.....?

The Ft. Hood shootings were because....?

The Marine barracks bombing was because...?

The Air Force housing complex bombing was because....?

Death-to-America.jpg
Because of US intervention in the ME, not because of US support for Israel.
Because of both.
There have only been attacks on US personnel after the US began intervening in the ME. Before that, there were never attacks on US personnel in the ME. The Arabs object to US support for Israel, but they never attacked US personnel because of it.

It was never the capital of Israel, one a few periods in history it was the capital of Judea.
It is the capital of Israel today and that is not going to change, so by refusing to recognize this unchangeable fact, the US is putting a roadblock in the path to progress.

No Tel Aviv. Jerusalem is to be neutral.
Jerusalem is, in fact, the capital of Israel regardless of how you may feel about it.
Suuurre, kind of like the Taliban was the government of Afghanistan.
Jerusalem clearly is the capital of Israel and Obama and many other world leaders implicitly recognized that fact when they traveled to Jerusalem for Peres' funeral and burial there. ...
It would be rather odd to turn-up in Tel Aviv for a funeral that is taking place in West Jerusalem.

There have only been attacks on US personnel after the US began intervening in the ME. Before that, there were never attacks on US personnel in the ME. The Arabs object to US support for Israel, but they never attacked US personnel because of it.
Meaning only after the US supported Israel. Thanks, got it.

Are you pro-Palestinian? Do you think the attack on Israeli athletes in the 1972 Olympics was deserved?

Regardless of why you think he is doing it, he will recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and move the US embassy there in compliance with the Jerusalem Embassy Act. Refusing to recognize unchangeable facts makes progress impossible. This is an essential step if there is ever to be a negotiated end to the conflict.

He does not have that authority. He can recognize all he wants, but that does not make it so.
Not true. As president, he would have that authority. Bear in mind, it still wouldn't establish Jerusalem as Israel's capital and my guess is few other countries, if any, would follow suit; but the president's State Department can decide where it places U.S. embassies.

He can move the embassy but it does not mean the capital of Israel is Jerusalem. No one will recognize it and fully expect it to be attacked.

Which would be an act of war against America that he would have to respond to. This would put the UN in a sticky situation on whether to allow America to take action or not, and would it lead to the demise of the palestinians if they did respond ?

Your post also shows that you are very un-American and would be the first to side with the islamonazi's in their attacks on America
Given Trump's apparent propensity for war (saying he would sink another countries naval vessel for flipping of American sailors), what do you suppose his response would be to such an attack on a U.S. embassy in Jerusalem?

The only one he could give, a double tap on abu mazens door with an invitation to the party. A declaration in the UN that the US will not tolerate such behaviour and will exact payment for the affront. It is about time we stood up to the muslims and gave them some bloody noses

In every negotiation some things are non negotiable. Jerusalem is one of these things. Of course, it's silly to talk about final status negotiations until the Palestinians have a government that can credibly offer peace to Israel and that is not going to happen in the near future.
Again... and I can't emphasis this enough ... that's for the parties involved to decide, not you. Even items that are "non-negotiable" have to be accepted as such by all parties directly involved.
First off, Israel has decided Jerusalem is its capital, not me. Non negotiable items are designated as such by one side or the other, not by an agreement between the two sides.

I guess when one steals another's property , it becomes theirs.
Nothing was stolen. That's where you went off the rails.

Jerusalem was to be neutral for all, and the Palestinians have more right to it than the Israelis, who have no right to it.

The arab muslims have no right to it as not one part has any tie's to their 7C religion. If the UN had acted in 1948 and sent in a task force to oppose the arab muslims then we would not have this situation and Israel would be complete on the land granted to it in 1923.

Once again the islamonazi propagandist stooge denies the Jews their legal, moral and universal rights

In every negotiation some things are non negotiable. Jerusalem is one of these things. Of course, it's silly to talk about final status negotiations until the Palestinians have a government that can credibly offer peace to Israel and that is not going to happen in the near future.
Again... and I can't emphasis this enough ... that's for the parties involved to decide, not you. Even items that are "non-negotiable" have to be accepted as such by all parties directly involved.
First off, Israel has decided Jerusalem is its capital, not me. Non negotiable items are designated as such by one side or the other, not by an agreement between the two sides.

Jerusalem was to be neutral for all, and the Palestinians have more right to it than the Israelis, who have no right to it.

Why would Israel have no right to Jerusalem?

Perhaps because it was never the historic (if you believe the BibleTorah as a historic source, that is) capital of Israel?

Perhaps because it was never the historic (if you believe the BibleTorah as a historic source, that is) capital of Israel?

Only ifyou read the neo marxist version that was written by the same people who wrote the Protocols

He does not have that authority. He can recognize all he wants, but that does not make it so.
Not true. As president, he would have that authority. Bear in mind, it still wouldn't establish Jerusalem as Israel's capital and my guess is few other countries, if any, would follow suit; but the president's State Department can decide where it places U.S. embassies.

He can move the embassy but it does not mean the capital of Israel is Jerusalem. No one will recognize it and fully expect it to be attacked.

Which would be an act of war against America that he would have to respond to. This would put the UN in a sticky situation on whether to allow America to take action or not, and would it lead to the demise of the palestinians if they did respond ?

Your post also shows that you are very un-American and would be the first to side with the islamonazi's in their attacks on America
Given Trump's apparent propensity for war (saying he would sink another countries naval vessel for flipping of American sailors), what do you suppose his response would be to such an attack on a U.S. embassy in Jerusalem?

The only one he could give, a double tap on abu mazens door with an invitation to the party. A declaration in the UN that the US will not tolerate such behaviour and will exact payment for the affront. It is about time we stood up to the muslims and gave them some bloody noses
Fair enough. And I agree.

What do you suppose the odds are that moving our embassy to Jerusalem would result in it being attacked?

What difference does it make if it was their capital or not in biblical times? It was still their city. There is absolutely no question about that.

Donald Trumptold Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that as president he would recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, his campaign said on Sunday.

The statement, which was made during a meeting that lasted over an hour at Trump Tower in New York, would mark a shift in American foreign policy as the U.S.— as well as almost every other country in the world— does not recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and maintains its embassy in Tel Aviv. The international community does not accept Jerusalem as Israel’s capital because its status has not been resolved since Israel established itself in West Jerusalem in 1948 and then effectively annexed East Jerusalem after the 1967 Six Day War.

Trump told the leader that under his administration the U.S. will “recognize Jerusalem as the undivided capital of the State of Israel,” the campaign statement read, repeating his promise to move the U.S. embassy to Tel Aviv.

Hillary Clinton also met Netanyahu for less than an hour in Manhattan,CBS reports. Reporters were barred from covering either event.

Donald Trump Says U.S. Will Recognize Jerusalem as Israel's Capital

Finally we may have a US president who is bold enough to take a fresh look at this conflict and smart enough to realize that US hedging on this issue only prolongs the conflict.
Finally? Oh, dear. You are ignorant of the world. What such a move would do is cause more violence, more war and more terrorism.....terrorism against America. In any case, neither Congress nor the House of Representatives would vote for such a measure. Trump makes these statements unaware he would not have the power to just make sweeping changes in foreign policy on his own initiative. He's so dumb.

Last edited:

Fair enough. And I agree.

What do you suppose the odds are that moving our embassy to Jerusalem would result in it being attacked?

I would say even's as an attack would mean lack of US support in the future for the arab muslims. This would lead to them being vetoed every step of the way in the future. I think that the arab leaders are aware of the ramifications and will do everything in their power to stop any possible attacks. And if the arab muslims ever did take the last steps to becoming a nation the US would refuse them an Embassy in America and decline their offer of one in Ramallah

Donald Trumptold Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that as president he would recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, his campaign said on Sunday.

The statement, which was made during a meeting that lasted over an hour at Trump Tower in New York, would mark a shift in American foreign policy as the U.S.— as well as almost every other country in the world— does not recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and maintains its embassy in Tel Aviv. The international community does not accept Jerusalem as Israel’s capital because its status has not been resolved since Israel established itself in West Jerusalem in 1948 and then effectively annexed East Jerusalem after the 1967 Six Day War.

Trump told the leader that under his administration the U.S. will “recognize Jerusalem as the undivided capital of the State of Israel,” the campaign statement read, repeating his promise to move the U.S. embassy to Tel Aviv.

Hillary Clinton also met Netanyahu for less than an hour in Manhattan,CBS reports. Reporters were barred from covering either event.

Donald Trump Says U.S. Will Recognize Jerusalem as Israel's Capital

Finally we may have a US president who is bold enough to take a fresh look at this conflict and smart enough to realize that US hedging on this issue only prolongs the conflict.
Finally? Oh, dear. You are ignorant of the world. What such a move would do is cause more violence, more war and more terrorism.....terrorism against America. In any case, neither Congress nor the House of Representatives would vote for such a measure. Trump makes these statements unaware he would not have the power to just make sweeping changes in foreign policy on his own initiative. He's so dumb.
You're so dumb. The Constitution makes clear that foreign relations are entirely the domain of the executive branch. If you weren't also so ignorant, you would know the Jerusalem Embassy Act requires the president to certify every six months that he cannot move the US embassy to Jerusalem for national security reasons or he has to move it or suffer a severe cut in funding for the State Department.

Let me explain it so that even some one as dull witted as yourself can understand: Congress has already voted to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel in the Jerusalem Embassy Act and the president is free to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel any time he likes and to move the US embassy there any time he likes. Why would you post on issues in which you have too little interest to learn anything about.

Meaning only after the US supported Israel. Thanks, got it.

Are you pro-Palestinian? Do you think the attack on Israeli athletes in the 1972 Olympics was deserved?
Meaning to any rational person the attacks on US personnel had nothing to do with US support for Israel.

The rest of your post raises the further question: are you insane?

Forum List

Back