Donald Trump - RINO!

Absolutely!

Are Republicans suddenly gullible? In what universe does Donald Trump seem like any of these Republican leaders? He is a Manhattan billionaire who has no credible claim to any real Republican roots. His positions are all contrived for the day and they lack substance. He has a long history of contributing to Democratic candidates and causes. What does a RINO look like, if not that?​

The Insiders: Bush, Kasich and Rubio are stronger than you think

All we really care about is someone who will stand up against the insanity of the left. Trump does that. He may or may not match up as a true conservative, but he has the balls to call out the stupidity of the leftist Agenda, and that isn't something we've seen by any Republican in a long time. He may be a "RINO", but that doesn't mean he is a leftist GOP stooge like Bush, McCain, and Romney.

You evidently take your citizenship in America for granted, the history, the rights, responsibilities and laws.
Uh-huh and by what formula did you arrive at such a conclusion? Is it because I ask questions that you are uncomfortable with?
Deductive reasoning mostly
Care to elaborate?

..."uncomfortable", nah, I'm cool..and you
No complaints here, I find attempting to remain objective and relying on the Socratic method in an attempt to draw reasoned conclusions on public policy questions both revealing and quite interesting.

Not really, seems too obvious to bother, you'll figure it out over time...relax..

besides, I've been up all night, I need some sleep...later

Last edited:
If you're here illegally, you gotta go.
Why? what's the difference between an honest, hardworking individual that's here "legally" and an honest, hardworking individual that's here "illegally"... just curios.

Uh, the "illegal" part.
So the difference is simply a label applied by some gaggle of miscreants in Washington? Why should that make any difference to the average citizen? In other words why should I care if my hard working, honest neighbor is here "legally" or "illegally"?

You ask WHY you should care?

You should care because ONE is breaking the law and should not be entitled to ANY benefits, including a driver's license and the right to vote. Illegal aliens are no more than "undocumented Democrats." ( Jay Leno's correct observation )

Trump may be considered a RINO of a different kind, bringing a new and improved definition to the term. I am still out on him because I don't trust his ability to do all that he professes to do and I loathe his pettiness streak. That goes to his character and is alarming to me.

I will vote for any GOP nominee. Any conservative OR RINO is better than another tax-and-spend Democrat who knows nothing of creating jobs or stopping the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. We will have to take the bad with the good in any nominee.

Trump and Carson today, Sunday, October 25, 2015:

Snip:

"But together, Ben Carson and Donald Trump stand as the dominant Republican candidates for president. Their rise and durability — polls show that combined they have the support of 50 percent or more of GOP voters — have befuddled political elites and become the defining dynamic heading into the next debate, Wednesday in Boulder, Colo.

For months, such rivals as Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz have—

Carson and Trump are dominating, but their chummy rapport turns cool

Absolutely!

Are Republicans suddenly gullible? In what universe does Donald Trump seem like any of these Republican leaders? He is a Manhattan billionaire who has no credible claim to any real Republican roots. His positions are all contrived for the day and they lack substance. He has a long history of contributing to Democratic candidates and causes. What does a RINO look like, if not that?​

All we really care about is someone who will stand up against the insanity of the left. Trump does that. He may or may not match up as a true conservative, but he has the balls to call out the stupidity of the leftist Agenda, and that isn't something we've seen by any Republican in a long time. He may be a "RINO", but that doesn't mean he is a leftist GOP stooge like Bush, McCain, and Romney.

Still, if we had nominated Romney as POTUS, America would be in a much better place, because of his business expertise as he knows which policies create jobs and which policies kill them PLUS he would have stopped ISIS, not encouraged them, with his policies. He could also negotiate with world leaders and they would have had respect for him rather than this current laughing stock on a golf course somewhere right now, no doubt.

Trump is playing Republicans. They should wake up.

He'll never file the paperwork!!
He'll never disclose his financials!
He'll fade by the end of summer!!
He's not a serious candidate!!
He's playing the Republicans....

:rofl:

What he has going for him is that he's not a DC insider politician and (I believe) that's why he's doing so well. Z, he's just another big-government loving guy. He was a Dem until not too long ago. He donated primarily to Dems ... until 2012 when he switched that over to Rs. Why? Gee, ya think cause he knew he was going give it another shot in 2016? No so much of an 'outsider' if you ask me. He's no different from Hillary suddenly 'seeing the light' on gay marriage. It's all smoke and mirrors to get the nod. He and Hillary are the two sides of the same coin. Oh yeah ... he's also petulant, narcissistic, whiny, and thin skinned. Like obama.
Yeah but ppl do change sides. Reagan did. And Trump has been vetted continuously all his adult life. He's already as wealthy and powerful as a person can be..he isn't seeking to use the office for personal gain. And though he's a little fluid on his party stances, he's not a communist or a fascist and he doesn't have the destruction of the us in mind, nor does he seek to reduce the population or any other crazy progressive policies.

Yes, people change sides. He donated to Ds for over 20 years and not until 2010 did he 'switch sides'. Why? Because he knew he wanted to run, saw who the competition was, flipped. One coin, two sides. Then again Republicans are not fiscally conservative anyways, they just pay it lip service. To me it's another 'lesser of two evils' thing again. I'm done playing that game. If he's the nom I'll not be voting. Again, I'd love to be wrong about him but at this point I have no reason to trust him.
Republicans staying away from the voting booth brought us Obama. I certainly prefer trump to McCain, who sold us out after we nominated him.

First time? Naw, no way an R was getting in after Bush. Second time? Yeah. Then again, they offered us Mittens and Ryan, trying to pass them off as conservatives. People are tired of the choice being between the lesser of two evils. Well, at least I am.

Absolutely!

Still, if we had nominated Romney as POTUS, America would be in a much better place, because of his business expertise as he knows which policies create jobs and which policies kill them PLUS he would have stopped ISIS, not encouraged them, with his policies. He could also negotiate with world leaders and they would have had respect for him rather than this current laughing stock on a golf course somewhere right now, no doubt.

More jobs...sure. In China.
Romney said in 2007 he would bring the jobs back.
Then he made money by firing Americans and off-shoring.
Romney said in 2011 the jobs back weren't coming back.
Perhaps good for you; not so good for millions of others.

NightFox -- no response?

They're living in this country without our permission, no different than if I were living in your house without your permission. Stop ignoring that fact.

Why not just 'make them legal'? Oh, ok. So breaking the law carries no consequences, just make them legal, everyone and anyone can just walk on in no questions asked. If that law isn't enforced then why enforce any law. :rolleyes:

Again, this is no different from someone waltzing on in to YOUR home illegally and setting up shop.

If entering legally is overly involved then fix that process; stop lowering the bar and rewarding wrong/bad actions/behavior.

What he has going for him is that he's not a DC insider politician and (I believe) that's why he's doing so well. Z, he's just another big-government loving guy. He was a Dem until not too long ago. He donated primarily to Dems ... until 2012 when he switched that over to Rs. Why? Gee, ya think cause he knew he was going give it another shot in 2016? No so much of an 'outsider' if you ask me. He's no different from Hillary suddenly 'seeing the light' on gay marriage. It's all smoke and mirrors to get the nod. He and Hillary are the two sides of the same coin. Oh yeah ... he's also petulant, narcissistic, whiny, and thin skinned. Like obama.
Yeah but ppl do change sides. Reagan did. And Trump has been vetted continuously all his adult life. He's already as wealthy and powerful as a person can be..he isn't seeking to use the office for personal gain. And though he's a little fluid on his party stances, he's not a communist or a fascist and he doesn't have the destruction of the us in mind, nor does he seek to reduce the population or any other crazy progressive policies.

Yes, people change sides. He donated to Ds for over 20 years and not until 2010 did he 'switch sides'. Why? Because he knew he wanted to run, saw who the competition was, flipped. One coin, two sides. Then again Republicans are not fiscally conservative anyways, they just pay it lip service. To me it's another 'lesser of two evils' thing again. I'm done playing that game. If he's the nom I'll not be voting. Again, I'd love to be wrong about him but at this point I have no reason to trust him.

He donated to Democrats because he lives in NY. There are no Republicans to donate to! Look deeper at who he gave the money too and you'll find it mostly went to city and state Democrats- he lives in NYC run by the Dem machine. . Also look at the dollar amounts he gave democrats, they are not very large. Just small donations to garner favor with local pols that effect his deals. He's smart and he was greasing the right palms.

He only started donating large sums around 2008 - and all of it went to Republicans.

Uh, the "illegal" part.
So the difference is simply a label applied by some gaggle of miscreants in Washington? Why should that make any difference to the average citizen? In other words why should I care if my hard working, honest neighbor is here "legally" or "illegally"?

Oh, okay. So if I come over to your house without permission and start living there you'd be ok with that?
No,. that's not even close to what I was asking, what I was asking is; if my neighbor respects my individual and property rights and does his/her own thing (that's what I meant by honest and hardworking, I should have been more concise on that) why should I care if he/she is in this country "legally" or "illegally" ?

You evidently take your citizenship in America for granted, the history, the rights, responsibilities and laws.
Someone who is here illegally isn't honest.
Someone who is paying an illegal is aiding and abetting a criminal.

Absolutely!

So tell us, what is your opinion of Paul Ryan? Is he conservative enough for your taste?

Absolutely!

And has Obama brought back any jobs from China? Hell no.

I've been saying for years we've needed to implement tariffs against countries like China. Trump is the only candidate I've ever heard actually say something to that effect. No Republican or Democrat has ever said they would be willing to do that, but Trump has.

Absolutely!

I've been saying for years we've needed to implement tariffs against countries like China. Trump is the only candidate I've ever heard actually say something to that effect. No Republican or Democrat has ever said they would be willing to do that, but Trump has.

And that's why O sucks.
He ran in 2011 on bringing the jobs back and eliminating H1-Bs and he lied.
But he was easy to buy as he wasn't, and isn't a billionaire.
He wants the same talk circuit as Bill Clinton when he retires.

Yes, Trump is not a far right loony. I have been saying that here since DT got in the race. Vigilante did back flips trying to say why he would support a non-far right conservative.

He donated to Democrats because he lives in NY. There are no Republicans to donate to! Look deeper at who he gave the money too and you'll find it mostly went to city and state Democrats- he lives in NYC run by the Dem machine. . Also look at the dollar amounts he gave democrats, they are not very large. Just small donations to garner favor with local pols that effect his deals. He's smart and he was greasing the right palms.

He only started donating large sums around 2008 - and all of it went to Republicans.

There were no republicans to donate to ... so he donated to dems? That makes no sense. If there were no republicans to donate to then he should have kept his money. IF he was a republican one would surmise that he was NOT for the dem platform ... yet, he gave to dems. Actions speak louder than words. His switch to republicans was because he knew he wanted to run. He's playing us, I do not trust him. I hope I"m wrong ... but I don't believe I am.

Absolutely!

hawk, you do know that The Donald can not implement tariffs without all of those dems and repubs in congress... I think he could win the Dems in congress over to the idea, but I don't believe he would get the support from the Repubs in congress that he would need....

it's simply the same type campaign statement as, ''your health insurance will be lowered on average, $2500 a month'', only congress could or can assure something like that...

Absolutely!

hawk, you do know that The Donald can not implement tariffs without all of those dems and repubs in congress... I think he could win the Dems in congress over to the idea, but I don't believe he would get the support from the Repubs in congress that he would need....

it's simply the same type campaign statement as, ''your health insurance will be lowered on average, $2500 a month'', only congress could or can assure something like that...

Trump will call them out, embarrass them and possibly get them ousted from office.

There were no republicans to donate to ... so he donated to dems? That makes no sense. If there were no republicans to donate to then he should have kept his money. IF he was a republican one would surmise that he was NOT for the dem platform ... yet, he gave to dems. Actions speak louder than words. His switch to republicans was because he knew he wanted to run. He's playing us, I do not trust him. I hope I"m wrong ... but I don't believe I am.

I think you are completely missing the reason businessmen make political donations-they do fit for favors. As he's explained on numerous occasions, Trump made political donations to NY Democrats who control the local and state politics in NY., not because he is a democrat, but to stave off heavy-handed government regulations that run counter to his business interests and for favors. "Oh, you need a zoning variance? Donate to my campaign and I'll see what I can do" ....wink,nod.

It's how the political game is played.

Trump is not accepting any donations - for exactly the same reasons- he doesn't want to owe any favors.

Republicans staying away from the voting booth brought us Obama. I certainly prefer trump to McCain, who sold us out after we nominated him.

First time? Naw, no way an R was getting in after Bush. Second time? Yeah. Then again, they offered us Mittens and Ryan, trying to pass them off as conservatives. People are tired of the choice being between the lesser of two evils. Well, at least I am.

Frustrating ain't it, damn...:eusa_doh:

What? It's just about November and Trump is still leading the polls?

giphy.gif

Had to bump this thread....

Forum List

Back