Dominionists run for highest office in US

This is what I don't understand. I'm concerned about religious extremism. Why decent ordinary religious people don't want to separate themselves from extremists, I don't know.

We all wonder why Muslim mosques don't do more to distance themselves from Islamic terrorism. Do they think they will NOT be painted with the same brush if they don't call out the extremists masquerading as Muslims.

There are groups out there who masquerade as Christians. The dominionists, the Martin Ssempa, Scott Lively and Fred Phelps types, and when I point them out and question their activities, mainstream moderate Christians go to their defense. That makes ZERO sense to me.

The extremist Buddhists in Sri Lanka are at war. There is nothing in the Buddha's teaching about holy war. Killing is NEVER justified. There are serious karmic consequences for it. I have NO problem calling out these extremists. Why is it some Christians here have such a hard time calling their own extremists out.

There are TONS of Christians I have NO problem with. Most Catholics, Lutherans, Methodists, Presbyterians, United Church of Christ and most LDS. I do call out the Pope for saying that ordainng women priests is as damaging to the RCC and a sin as pedophile priests. I will call out the RCC for decades of hiding pedophilia. I will call out the Magdalene homes.

I have no huge problem with Christians who think homosexuality is a sin. That is their right. I take exception to kill gays legislation and hate mongers like Scott Lively, author of the Pink Swastika, who blames the Holocaust on gays.

Why moderate Christians think I am criticising THEM, I don't know. When they won't recognize extreme views, like dominionism, masquerading as Christianity, and they defend these folks, and they identify with them, then it does make me feel as though they agree with this philosophical view.

daveman is adamant that he supports separation of church and state and I believe him. He's mad at me because I want him to understand that dominionists are in national politics, including the POTUS race, now. Foxfyre denies it. Newby denies it. Allie Baba and Cecilie all deny it. daveman says it's no big deal. It is a dangerous trend and it has been building for 30 years.

I listed which groups are dominionist. If you don't know any of them, check them out. Inform yourself, and decide if you really think there is no such thing as separation of church and state and you have NO problem with the US becoming a "christian" theocracy. I put christian in quotes because I want to separate the dominionists out from mainstream christians.

I would not call Bachmann, Palin, Pawlenty or Perry, "mainstream christians".

I hope this helps.

sky

What makes any of them 'dominionists'? Take each one at a time, and then please post links with statements that show they support what you're saying they support. Until then, it remains your opinion. Perry is a Methodist, you can easily look up his church history, where he has attended, etc.. So, what makes him a 'diminionist'?

Perry's prayer extravaganza was financed by a dominionist group.

Where or when has she said 'gays are the product of Satan'?

Michele Bachmann says gays are 'part of Satan' and homosexual life is 'bondage'

This is not funny. It's a very sad life. It's part of Satan, I think, to say this is gay. It's anything but gay.’

She added: ‘If you're involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, it's bondage.

'Personal bondage, personal despair and personal enslavement. And that's why this is so dangerous.’

Well I wasn't exactly right, a "part of Satan" is what she said, but it's the same message and equally disgusting.

Thank you for posting this. The people defending Bachmann share her intolerant views about homosexuals.

She's allowed to be 'intolerant', if you don't agree with her, don't vote for her. Pretty simple. You're intolerant of Christians, so how are you any better than her?

This is what I don't understand. I'm concerned about religious extremism. Why decent ordinary religious people don't want to separate themselves from extremists, I don't know.

We all wonder why Muslim mosques don't do more to distance themselves from Islamic terrorism. Do they think they will NOT be painted with the same brush if they don't call out the extremists masquerading as Muslims.

There are groups out there who masquerade as Christians. The dominionists, the Martin Ssempa, Scott Lively and Fred Phelps types, and when I point them out and question their activities, mainstream moderate Christians go to their defense. That makes ZERO sense to me.

The extremist Buddhists in Sri Lanka are at war. There is nothing in the Buddha's teaching about holy war. Killing is NEVER justified. There are serious karmic consequences for it. I have NO problem calling out these extremists. Why is it some Christians here have such a hard time calling their own extremists out.

There are TONS of Christians I have NO problem with. Most Catholics, Lutherans, Methodists, Presbyterians, United Church of Christ and most LDS. I do call out the Pope for saying that ordainng women priests is as damaging to the RCC and a sin as pedophile priests. I will call out the RCC for decades of hiding pedophilia. I will call out the Magdalene homes.

I have no huge problem with Christians who think homosexuality is a sin. That is their right. I take exception to kill gays legislation and hate mongers like Scott Lively, author of the Pink Swastika, who blames the Holocaust on gays.

Why moderate Christians think I am criticising THEM, I don't know. When they won't recognize extreme views, like dominionism, masquerading as Christianity, and they defend these folks, and they identify with them, then it does make me feel as though they agree with this philosophical view.

daveman is adamant that he supports separation of church and state and I believe him. He's mad at me because I want him to understand that dominionists are in national politics, including the POTUS race, now. Foxfyre denies it. Newby denies it. Allie Baba and Cecilie all deny it. daveman says it's no big deal. It is a dangerous trend and it has been building for 30 years.

I listed which groups are dominionist. If you don't know any of them, check them out. Inform yourself, and decide if you really think there is no such thing as separation of church and state and you have NO problem with the US becoming a "christian" theocracy. I put christian in quotes because I want to separate the dominionists out from mainstream christians.

I hope this helps.

sky

What makes any of them 'dominionists'? Take each one at a time, and then please post links with statements that show they support what you're saying they support. Until then, it remains your opinion. Perry is a Methodist, you can easily look up his church history, where he has attended, etc.. So, what makes him a 'diminionist'?

Perry's prayer extravaganza was financed by a dominionist group.

Links are your friend, Sky. What group? What makes them dominionists? What proof do you have?

I hope this helps.

sky

Perry's prayer extravaganza was financed by a dominionist group, the American Family Association. He is open about his ties to the Seven Mountains Mandate.

He has ties to the National Church Mobilization organized by dominionist advocate Jim Garlow. Check out the New Apostolic Reformation.

Perry is tied to extremists.

Last edited:
Also, she is welcome to her beliefs, if you don't agree with her on issues, then don't vote for her. It's pretty simple.

I think it's already quite clear I won't, however we're on a message board discussing religion so I'm going to discuss a religious figure, pretty simple.

Do you agree with her that gays are part of Satan?

My beliefs about the gay issue have been clearly stated on here many times in the past, and this discussion isn't about me, it's about presidential candidates that are 'dimionists'. Why would my opinion on gays matter to you or anyone else one way or the other, I'm not running for office. Of course, you can always ask Sky, she can lie to you and tell you what my beliefs are. :lol:

No I'm not gonna ask Sky, I'll ask you and watch you deflect and provide a non-answer.

It's an anonymous message board, don't be scared to post your opinion.

Do you agree with Bachmann that gays are part of Satan?

Mainstream religious people recognized Perry's extremist prayer rally and responded like this:

From the Anti-Defamation League and Houston Clergy Council:

One of Houston’s greatest strengths is its religious diversity. As part of the Anti-Defamation League’s Coalition for Mutual Respect, we are keenly sensitive to the fact that Houstonians may pray differently or not pray at all. We cherish the fact that we can pray freely in our own way, because our founding fathers wisely envisioned and provided for a nation grounded in the principle of separation of church and state. This freedom from government imposed religion allows all religions to flourish in our democratic society. It is with this thought in mind that we express our concern that Governor Rick Perry has called for a full day of exclusionary prayer on August 6, 2011. This religious event is not open to all faiths, as its statement of beliefs does not represent religious diversity.

Governor Perry has a constitutional duty to treat all Texans equally regardless of race, religion or ethnicity. His official involvement with the Response at minimum violates the spirit of that duty. By his actions, Governor Perry is expressing an official message of endorsement of one faith over all others; thereby sending an official message of religious exclusion and preference to all Texans who do not share that faith. We believe our religious freedom is threatened when a government official promotes religion, especially one religion over all others. We urge our elected leaders, who have the privilege of representing us, to practice their own religion as they choose without seeking to impose their beliefs on others or using their official offices to divide citizens along religious lines. They should be role models for all Americans, and can be by honoring and respecting our constitutional freedoms.

In June, the Houston Clergy Council released a statement decrying Perry for organizing the rally with the AFA and rebuffing “Houston’s vibrant and diverse religious landscape”:

We believe in a healthy boundary between church and state. Out of respect for the state, we believe that it should represent all citizens equally and without preference for religious or philosophical tradition. Out of respect for religious communities, we believe that they should foster faithful ways of living without favoring one political party over another. Keeping the church and state separate allows each to thrive and upholds our proud national tradition of empowering citizens to worship freely and vote conscientiously. We are concerned that our governor has crossed the line by organizing and leading a religious event rather than focusing on the people’s business in Austin.

We also express concern that the day of prayer and fasting at Reliant Stadium is not an inclusive event. As clergy leaders in the nation’s fourth largest city, we take pride in Houston’s vibrant and diverse religious landscape. Our religious communities include Bahais, Buddhists, Christians, Hindus, Jews, Muslims, Sikhs, Unitarian Universalists, and many other faith traditions. Our city is also home to committed agnostics and atheists, with whom we share common cause as fellow Houstonians. Houston has long been known as a “live and let live” city, where all are respected and welcomed. It troubles us that the governor’s prayer event is not open to everyone. In the publicized materials, the governor has made it clear that only Christians of a particular kind are welcome to pray in a certain way. We feel that such an exclusive event does not reflect the rich tapestry of our city.

Our deepest concern, however, lies in the fact that funding for this event appears to come from the American Family Association, an organization labeled a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. The American Family Association and its leadership have a long track record of anti-gay speech and have actively worked to discriminate against the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender community. The American Family Association and its leadership have also been stridently anti-Muslim, going so far as to question the rights of Muslim Americans to freely organize and practice their faith. We believe it is inappropriate for our governor to organize a religious event funded by a group known for its discriminatory stances.

As religious leaders, we commit to join with all Houstonians in working to make our city a better place. We will lead our communities in prayer, meditation, and spiritual practice. We ask that Rick Perry leave the ministry to us and refocus his energy on the work of governing our state.
Interfaith clergy speak out against Perry's prayer rally

More lies. You decided I was going to vote for a Dominionist.

Stop lying.

No, I didn't decide any such thing. I am just trying to make republicans aware of how much dominionists are trying to get control of your party.

This is YOUR party, not mine.

"Which Dominionist candidate has your vote for POTUS?"

I'm sick of your damned lies. Welcome to ignore.

"Ignore", the last refugee of the weak. Hahahaha

Can anybody tell me how many god's there are?
The choices are many.. It is my belief not all men are created equal.. But they can have a god if they want one.
So, which is the right one? which is the best one? Who is to say?
Will the choice affect our way of life in America?

Since its not forced upon us I do not consider a persons religion when making decisions about voting or not voting for them.

The USA is a country that offers freedom of religion.. No elected official will ever be able to dictate otherwise.

Blues

In other words, they are Christians who have the audacity to be public about their faith.

There's a difference between faith and overt bigotry masked as faith. Not going to vote for Bachmann or Palin, not because they're Christian, but because they're hateful, extremist douchebags. Won't vote for Perry because he was my governor for over a decade, and I know he's a shitbag. I'd much rather have Romney, or McCain (people that are actually serious about the position) than these three who are continuing the trend of treating the US Presidency like it's a godamned highschool popularity contest.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvSbmv3r0X4]Lou Engle Preaches Seven Mountains Dominionism - YouTube[/ame]

Do you agree with Bachmann, on her views about gays, Newby?

Sky, I would like to set the record straight.. I have no issue with gay people.. I think you remember that about me. However, I do not think its wise for Gays to be elected officials since they have a personal agenda that will sway there vote in congress or otherwise even if
they know the vote isn't good for the majority. For example... Gays primarily for Democrats.. Democrats who are on a course to destroy the American way. You know it but won't admit it because there is something in it for you.. Bottom line is you are being used for votes. The Democrats don't give two shits about you or whether or not you can be married legally. I don't give two shits about your social life or if you can be married.. Get married.. it has no affect on me.. Vote for a Democrat and I have a big issue with gays.
So as you can see my opposition to gays is limited to politics.

Blues

Saying that gays should not be elected officials is as bigoted a statement as I've ever heard.

Domininionists are nothing but British Israelist/Christian Identity followers without the hardcore racism.

Since its not forced upon us I do not consider a persons religion when making decisions about voting or not voting for them.

But you do consider who they have sex with. Duly noted. Your openmindedness is an example to us all, blue.

/sarcasm

I think he was just looking for an excuse to be blindly partisan, choosing the bigotted route as a "reason" to be blindly partisan was idiotic though.

And the right wing defend each other and call the lefties "LIARS". Welcome to partisanship 101.

Name calling is ad hominem attack.

Forum List

Back