DOJ Sues City: Claims Written Test Is Racist

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bitterlyclingin, Apr 24, 2012.

1. bitterlyclingin

bitterlyclingin Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +449
    [One of the time honored tests of a civilization by historians was whether or not the society included a system of writing. Eric Holder is showing his true colors in requiring, like a rogue bull elephant in china shop, by having his DOJ sue the City Of Jacksonville, because one of its required tests for promotion for its firefighters adheres to the historical norm for civilized societies, its in writing. Apparently Mr Holder feels that one segment of this society of equals, where some groups are more equal than others, falls short of the historical civilized norm by being deficient in its literacy skills, and is insisting the city lower its requirements to pre civilized levels for this group. Perhaps the Aechulian Hand Axe Industry isn't as far behind us as we like to think?]

"Holder’s DOJ Sues Florida City Claiming Firefighter Tests Racist Against Blacks…

More pandering to Obama’s base.

MIAMI (Reuters) – The Justice Department sued the city of Jacksonville, Florida, on Monday, claiming its use of written tests to determine promotions in the city’s fire department discriminates against African-Americans.

The lawsuit followed a more than two-year investigation examining Jacksonville’s record of promoting African-Americans for the ranks of lieutenant, captain, district chief and engineer dating back to 2004."

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Holder’s DOJ Sues Florida City Claiming Firefighter Tests Racist Against Blacks…

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    I want my firemen to be able to read.

How would they know they are suppose to 'BREAK GLASS' of the fire extinguisher box?

3. bitterlyclingin

bitterlyclingin Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +449
    Like in Obama's Chicago where the gangs shoot the members of their race for "Being too white" by getting good grades in school and when they try to branch out in the real world and run into barriers because they're practically illiterate, this DOJ bludgeons the municipalities into promoting them anyway.

4. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,683
    didn't we already do this shit in some other state? I think it went to the Supreme Courts and the eric holder's lost.. yep I think so.

what next? are we gonna lower the written tests for black doctors and lawyers?

PS.. I think Holder is just going to punish Florida for Zimmerman,, that''s my take on it.

5. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,628
    Funny how they think AA's can't pass a test. What a slap in the face to any AA.

I work with and for some fine AA. They have to problem passing the tests for advancement.

Holders an idiot.

6. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,594
    As predictable as lefties being against voter IDs.

So to any qualified Dim who didn't get a job or promotion or whatever because they gave it to a less qualified minority, neener, neener, neener!!!

7. Mr.Nick

Mr.Nick VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +682
    So what they're basically saying is: "These tests that white candidates pass with flying colors are too difficult for blacks to pass so we should lower the standards so blacks can pass them."

Of course progressives are all for that - they love to lower standards..

I love how these idiots portray the tests as racist, yet their entire premise here is racist considering they're basically asserting that blacks are incapable of passing a test most whites pass. So in short - they're pretty much saying blacks are dumber than whites.

Who's fault is it blacks cant correctly write or speak the English language???

What do they want? Ebonics or phonetical spelling to be accepted??

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  8. Oldstyle

Oldstyle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,303
    Fires don't differentiate between different races. Fires destroy property and kill without regard to pigmentation.

Our goal should be to get the best qualified persons in positions of authority to protect our property and ourselves. Promotions based on exams that are graded on a curve or any other politically correct nonsense simple endangers the general public's well being.

9. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    SO let me get this straight...

If a man or woman does not have the common sense to do what they need to learn to read knowing hoiw difficult life is if you are illiterate...

We should trust them to make decisions as it pertians to their subordinates in life and death situations?

They already tried this racist crap in Connecticut and failed.

10. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    I recall here in NYC when they were forced to change the "physical" exams for women.

I recall one local legislator saying...

"How do they expect a woman to carry a 250 pound man on a ladder during the exam. It is unfiar to women?"

And they changed it...made it easier for women....they only had to lift 175 pounders while taking the pracitcal exam.

Wonder what happens when there is a 250 pound man that needs saving for real...???...????