DOJ Sues City: Claims Written Test Is Racist

[One of the time honored tests of a civilization by historians was whether or not the society included a system of writing. Eric Holder is showing his true colors in requiring, like a rogue bull elephant in china shop, by having his DOJ sue the City Of Jacksonville, because one of its required tests for promotion for its firefighters adheres to the historical norm for civilized societies, its in writing. Apparently Mr Holder feels that one segment of this society of equals, where some groups are more equal than others, falls short of the historical civilized norm by being deficient in its literacy skills, and is insisting the city lower its requirements to pre civilized levels for this group. Perhaps the Aechulian Hand Axe Industry isn't as far behind us as we like to think?]

No, if the OP had bothered to read the complaint he would learn that the issue doesn’t concern ‘literacy skills’ but tests administered to candidates which have nothing to do with the job applied for:

The DOJ claims that the written test being issued to candidates looking to move up has a "disparate impact upon blacks" and isn't job-related. It furthers alleges that the fire department hasn't tried to do anything to fix these discriminatory processes, which led the justice department to begin its investigation.

U. S. Department of Justice Sues City of Jacksonville, JFRD Over Discriminatory Promotion Processes | firstcoastnews.com
How is a written test racist?

Again, when it doesn’t have anything to do with the job applied for.

Are all the questions are about things that only whites would be expected to know?

Yet another thread confirming the fact that conservatives are consistent in their ignorance and hate.

Because we're not buying the bullshit that blacks can't pass a test as well as whites, you call us ignorant? Shame the Dems have such low opinions of minorities. That is ignorance and hate.

On a different suject, I have to mention that I notice a few posters on here who seem to copy and paste the same exact responses on virtually every subject. They usually involve name calling and no substance.

It's a shame blacks have such a low opinion of themselves.

There is a bright side. If obama keeps suing cities and states, he won't have very many states that support him.

Yet another thread confirming the fact that conservatives are consistent in their ignorance and hate.

Because we're not buying the bullshit that blacks can't pass a test as well as whites, you call us ignorant? Shame the Dems have such low opinions of minorities. That is ignorance and hate.

On a different suject, I have to mention that I notice a few posters on here who seem to copy and paste the same exact responses on virtually every subject. They usually involve name calling and no substance.

Ah, I hate to be "Captain Obvious" here, Clayton...but it's pretty obvious that blacks CAN'T pass this particular test as well as whites and yes, it's a sign of ignorance. If they COULD pass the test as well as whites then the DOJ should be bringing lawsuits against anyone that doesn't promote blacks equally with whites. When they CAN'T, liberals step in and change the rules. That isn't fair to the people who HAVE passed the test and it isn't fair to minorities because they are looked at by their fellow firefighters and police as "tokens". If you're a fireman or a cop and you want to become an officer...then study your ass off and learn how to pass the standardized tests. If you allow them to "dumb it down" just for you then you're never going to be seen as competent.

Ah, I hate to be "Captain Obvious" here, Clayton...but it's pretty obvious that blacks CAN'T pass this particular test as well as whites and yes, it's a sign of ignorance. If they COULD pass the test as well as whites then the DOJ should be bringing lawsuits against anyone that doesn't promote blacks equally with whites. When they CAN'T, liberals step in and change the rules. That isn't fair to the people who HAVE passed the test and it isn't fair to minorities because they are looked at by their fellow firefighters and police as "tokens". If you're a fireman or a cop and you want to become an officer...then study your ass off and learn how to pass the standardized tests. If you allow them to "dumb it down" just for you then you're never going to be seen as competent.

likewise, it isnt fair to the people that pay the salaries of those people...the tax payer. I mean...why should we be forced to pay the salary of someone who was too lazy to do what he/she needed to do in an affort to attain the position he/she desires?

Furthermore, it isnt fair to the people that depend on those people. I mean, who wants to know that the person in charge of the people that will save you or your house is a man/woman who was too lazy to do what was necessary to attian that position?

*sigh*

Another case where a city has to dumb down it's tests so Blacks who can't add 2 & 2 can pass it. This crap is getting tiresome.

Forum List

Back