DOJ Requests Protective Order After Trump Threat Online

So, Crooked Donald is not WARNING witnesses he knows like Meadows etc, that if they testify against him, HE'S GOING AFTER THEM... is not a threat?

It may not reach that level of threat, but we ALL KNOW this is what Trump means and wants.... Just like Trump's Stand back and stand by comment to the Proud Boys.....
No, you don’t know that. You just want to believe that. We all know he meant legally, as in, if you come after me, I’ll come after you with lawsuits if my own.

Of course, the left will play up the “threat” to make it look as bad as possible for trump, as if trump was going to personally….physically go after them

"ThisisMe" supports a political, criminal mobster.
Nope, I don’t care who wins the presidency, as long as it’s someone who will do what the cotus says. If desantis, or Vivek win, that’s fine.

I’ve never stated that I’ve supported trump, I tend to support the party but not the person. My post history reflects this.

All I’m doing here is just stating the games the left are playing. Judges seem to like to gag trumps team, but the left always seems to get “leaks” and run the coverage 24/7 about it.

No, you don’t know that. You just want to believe that. We all know he meant legally, as in, if you come after me, I’ll come after you with lawsuits if my own.

Of course, the left will play up the “threat” to make it look as bad as possible for trump, as if trump was going to personally….physically go after them
If none of us can know what he meant. Doesn't it stand to reason that the witnesses don't know either? And as such can perceive this as a threat? Not just that. We know that Trump does go after those he perceives as having wronged him. In fact, that's part of his brand.

Last edited:
I love the gag orders, they did this to him in the past. That’s them saying “we don’t want YOU talking about it, but the democrat MSM can get “leaks” and talk about it all day every day”.

Also, they cite that trump releasing information from the transcripts that it could have a “chillling effect” on the witnesses, and could be harmful to the case. That’s kind of telling right there. I mean, you’d think that if the information would be damning to trump, they wouldn’t care if he released it. So, if they feel him releasing information could harm the case, makes you wonder if they are afraid of the public seeing the way the indictment was structured.
It's not a gag order. It's a protective order. A gag order stops a person from speaking about the case altogether. The government is asking him to not speak about what is given in discovery. This is a substantial difference, and a courtesy I doubt they would extent to anyone else who they perceive as threatening witnesses. He's getting of lightly. In fact, I believe the judge will have something else to say when she rules.

Last edited:
The DOJ/FBI shredded all of their credibility over the last decade. They don’t deserve any protection from any US citizen. They sure as hell don’t deserve any benefit of the doubt when it comes to their “evidence”.

365648725_707649464799964_4693867629302685341_n.jpg

Breaking on MSNBC. No link yet. It has to do with Trump's threat: "If you go after me, I'm coming after you".
From the AP, Associated Press, late today:

"Prosecutors ask judge to issue protective order after Trump post appearing to promise revenge"
"The Justice Department on Friday asked a federal judge overseeing the criminal case against former President Donald Trump in Washington to step in after he released a post online that appeared to promise revenge on anyone who goes after him.

Prosecutors asked U.S. District Court Judge Tanya Chutkan to issue a protective order in the case a day after Trump pleaded not guilty to charges of trying to overturn the results of his 2020 election loss and block the peaceful transition of power. The order — which is different from a so-called “gag order” — would limit what sensitive information Trump and his legal team could share publicly about the case brought by special counsel Jack Smith.

Such protective orders are common in criminal cases, but prosecutors said it's “particularly important in this case” because Trump has issued “public statements on social media regarding witnesses, judges, attorneys and others associated with legal matters pending against him.”

They pointed specifically to a post on Trump's Truth Social platform from earlier Friday in which Trump wrote, in all capital letters, “If you go after me, I’m coming after you.”

Prosecutors said that if Trump were to begin posting about details from grand jury transcripts or other information handed over by the Justice Department, it could have have a “harmful chilling effect on witnesses or adversely affect the fair administration of justice in this case.”

DOJ cites Trump post in protective order ask.

Former President Donald Trump's apparent threat to "come after" those who "go after" him is "chilling," according to Stephanie Grisham, his former White House press secretary.

On Friday, just one day after Trump pleaded not guilty to January 6-related criminal charges at an arraignment hearing in Washington, D.C., the former president informed his followers on Truth Social that, "IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I'M COMING AFTER YOU!"

Multiple legal experts have suggested that the post could land Trump in hot water with the judge presiding over his case, including the possibility that he could be taken into custody over potentially having violated the conditions of his bond.

During the former president's arraignment in Washington, D.C., on Thursday, U.S. Magistrate Judge Moxila Upadhyaya told Trump that it's a crime "to threaten or attempt to bribe a witness or any other person who may have information about your case, or to retaliate against anyone for providing information about your case to the prosecution." Trump responded that he understood.

I just wonder how anyone as stupid as you can even feed yourself. Trump means he's going to go after their JOBS when he becomes potus you stupid shit. I mean my God, how is that level of overt stupidity even possible?

MAGAturds, listen up: Mr. Trump will comply with Judge's directions or go to jail.

There are no alternatives if the Judge so decides. His SS protective group can sit with him. They will not be allowed to have firearms.

Breaking on MSNBC. No link yet. It has to do with Trump's threat: "If you go after me, I'm coming after you".
From the AP, Associated Press, late today:

"Prosecutors ask judge to issue protective order after Trump post appearing to promise revenge"
"The Justice Department on Friday asked a federal judge overseeing the criminal case against former President Donald Trump in Washington to step in after he released a post online that appeared to promise revenge on anyone who goes after him.

Prosecutors asked U.S. District Court Judge Tanya Chutkan to issue a protective order in the case a day after Trump pleaded not guilty to charges of trying to overturn the results of his 2020 election loss and block the peaceful transition of power. The order — which is different from a so-called “gag order” — would limit what sensitive information Trump and his legal team could share publicly about the case brought by special counsel Jack Smith.

Such protective orders are common in criminal cases, but prosecutors said it's “particularly important in this case” because Trump has issued “public statements on social media regarding witnesses, judges, attorneys and others associated with legal matters pending against him.”

They pointed specifically to a post on Trump's Truth Social platform from earlier Friday in which Trump wrote, in all capital letters, “If you go after me, I’m coming after you.”

Prosecutors said that if Trump were to begin posting about details from grand jury transcripts or other information handed over by the Justice Department, it could have have a “harmful chilling effect on witnesses or adversely affect the fair administration of justice in this case.”

DOJ cites Trump post in protective order ask.

Former President Donald Trump's apparent threat to "come after" those who "go after" him is "chilling," according to Stephanie Grisham, his former White House press secretary.

On Friday, just one day after Trump pleaded not guilty to January 6-related criminal charges at an arraignment hearing in Washington, D.C., the former president informed his followers on Truth Social that, "IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I'M COMING AFTER YOU!"

Multiple legal experts have suggested that the post could land Trump in hot water with the judge presiding over his case, including the possibility that he could be taken into custody over potentially having violated the conditions of his bond.

During the former president's arraignment in Washington, D.C., on Thursday, U.S. Magistrate Judge Moxila Upadhyaya told Trump that it's a crime "to threaten or attempt to bribe a witness or any other person who may have information about your case, or to retaliate against anyone for providing information about your case to the prosecution." Trump responded that he understood.

Now do Schumer:

So, Crooked Donald is not WARNING witnesses he knows like Meadows etc, that if they testify against him, HE'S GOING AFTER THEM... is not a threat?

It may not reach that level of threat, but we ALL KNOW this is what Trump means and wants.... Just like Trump's Stand back and stand by comment to the Proud Boys.....
You best remember this saying. Best to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you’re an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Go tell the court you’re a mind reader. Those pesky words peacefully and patriotically are going to slap your boy Smith’s case all to hell.

You best remember this saying. Best to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you’re an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Go tell the court you’re a mind reader. Those pesky words peacefully and patriotically are going to slap your boy Smith’s case all to hell.
We'll see if the judge agrees with you, by Tuesday. ..

She could, ya never know till it happens...as the saying goes!

Forum List

Back