DOJ Requests Protective Order After Trump Threat Online

Breaking on MSNBC. No link yet. It has to do with Trump's threat: "If you go after me, I'm coming after you".
From the AP, Associated Press, late today:

"Prosecutors ask judge to issue protective order after Trump post appearing to promise revenge"
"The Justice Department on Friday asked a federal judge overseeing the criminal case against former President Donald Trump in Washington to step in after he released a post online that appeared to promise revenge on anyone who goes after him.

Prosecutors asked U.S. District Court Judge Tanya Chutkan to issue a protective order in the case a day after Trump pleaded not guilty to charges of trying to overturn the results of his 2020 election loss and block the peaceful transition of power. The order — which is different from a so-called “gag order” — would limit what sensitive information Trump and his legal team could share publicly about the case brought by special counsel Jack Smith.

Such protective orders are common in criminal cases, but prosecutors said it's “particularly important in this case” because Trump has issued “public statements on social media regarding witnesses, judges, attorneys and others associated with legal matters pending against him.”

They pointed specifically to a post on Trump's Truth Social platform from earlier Friday in which Trump wrote, in all capital letters, “If you go after me, I’m coming after you.”

Prosecutors said that if Trump were to begin posting about details from grand jury transcripts or other information handed over by the Justice Department, it could have have a “harmful chilling effect on witnesses or adversely affect the fair administration of justice in this case.”

DOJ cites Trump post in protective order ask.

Former President Donald Trump's apparent threat to "come after" those who "go after" him is "chilling," according to Stephanie Grisham, his former White House press secretary.

On Friday, just one day after Trump pleaded not guilty to January 6-related criminal charges at an arraignment hearing in Washington, D.C., the former president informed his followers on Truth Social that, "IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I'M COMING AFTER YOU!"

Multiple legal experts have suggested that the post could land Trump in hot water with the judge presiding over his case, including the possibility that he could be taken into custody over potentially having violated the conditions of his bond.

During the former president's arraignment in Washington, D.C., on Thursday, U.S. Magistrate Judge Moxila Upadhyaya told Trump that it's a crime "to threaten or attempt to bribe a witness or any other person who may have information about your case, or to retaliate against anyone for providing information about your case to the prosecution." Trump responded that he understood.

Trump is going to threaten a witness, say something bad, then get his bail revoked, then cry about how the system is against him.

Trump is a super criminal that needs to do jail time

365175685_707331921498385_8777890486652640783_n.jpg

Democrats thirst for injustice almost as much as they thirst for human blood.

Oh really? After a federal judge warned them specifically not to do so?

This is the problem you but especially Trump has right about now. You are trying to use a (bogus) political not legal argument. But Trump very much is dealing in the legal realm now. In the legal realm threats are not protected speech. They carry legal consequences.
He made no threat.

You sound dumber than the average bear. Is it due to nature or nurture - or both?
^ Trolling without content.

But yeah, the Democrats are bloodthirsty/deranged psychopaths, as yet again revealed by this chilling garbage.

7gcbyd596cgb1.jpg

Its just justice system's thirst for justice.
Absolutely zilch to do with democrats.
Wait - so Democrats DON'T want felons to vote (Democrat of course) now?

When did this turnaabout occur?

But yeah, the DOJ is weaponized, and Trump made no threat.

I love the gag orders, they did this to him in the past. That’s them saying “we don’t want YOU talking about it, but the democrat MSM can get “leaks” and talk about it all day every day”.

Also, they cite that trump releasing information from the transcripts that it could have a “chillling effect” on the witnesses, and could be harmful to the case. That’s kind of telling right there. I mean, you’d think that if the information would be damning to trump, they wouldn’t care if he released it. So, if they feel him releasing information could harm the case, makes you wonder if they are afraid of the public seeing the way the indictment was structured.

I love the gag orders, they did this to him in the past. That’s them saying “we don’t want YOU talking about it, but the democrat MSM can get “leaks” and talk about it all day every day”.

Also, they cite that trump releasing information from the transcripts that it could have a “chillling effect” on the witnesses, and could be harmful to the case. That’s kind of telling right there. I mean, you’d think that if the information would be damning to trump, they wouldn’t care if he released it. So, if they feel him releasing information could harm the case, makes you wonder if they are afraid of the public seeing the way the indictment was structured.
Democrats are basically Nazis, as this garbage case once again demonstrates.

Forum List

Back