Dog Kept Missing Yavapai Co. Girl Alive

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/new...e-search-underway-for-missing-3-year-old-girl

CORDES LAKES, Ariz. - A 3-year-old girl is back with her parents after spending the night alone in the 30-degree northern Arizona wilderness. Rescue teams found the girl early Friday morning, and curled up right next to her was the family dog Blue.

Yavapai County Sheriff's Office spokesman Dwight D'Evelyn credits the Queensland Heeler with 3-year-old Victoria Bensch's survival. Doctors say she's extremely lucky to have survived the freezing temps.

A Department of Public Safety helicopter crew saw movement and found the little girl and her dog just before 9 o'clock Friday morning, three-quarters of a mile from her home. DPS paramedic Eric Tarr said the girl was facedown in the wash -- if it wasn't for her dog, they might not have seen her.

"I kneeled down next to her and told her 'I'm going to take you to your mommy.' She smiled at me and put her arms up," said Tarr. The 3-year-old was not wearing shoes.

The DPS crew landed and then flew the child back to be reunited with her mother and father.

"She was already pretty cold by the time we got to her and it was good the dog was with her," said DPS pilot Matt Uhl.

"You could see the dog's expression almost turn into a smile. It came and jumped into the helicopter no problem at all," said Tarr.

You're my boy Blue! :cool:

It gets damn cold in the part of the state, especially at night. She is one lucky little girl. Give that dog a big steak!
I used to serve on the sherriff's posse in Yavapai county, (now I live in Apache county) and out of 4 search and rescues I was on for kids, only 1 made it out alive.

One of the very best things that has ever happened to humanity is when some wolves moved from the wolf pack to associate the human pack. They can be the most amazing creatures, and humankind should be much more grateful for the gift of their companionship than they often are!

This is why dogs are so great, and I am strong believer of having one aroun when you have a child. For one the clean up dropped food, and treat them like they were their own. :D

Forum List

Back