Does your pet like water?

He's a basset hound? what's the difference in a basset and a beagle? now you have me wondering if I have a beagle or a basset:eek:

Bassets are shorter legged and longer eared. Their legs often bow. Beagles legs are longer (not that they're tall dogs) and their ears are shorter. Their barks are different too. Beagles 'bay' more and bassets are more 'hound' sounding. Cripes, did that make sense?

yes, that made sense,, then I think I have a beagle, she does bay, she's almost as tall as the jack russell and she has short but not stubby legs,, she can run like hell when she takes a notion,, and that's key,, she has to "take a notion" when there is somewhere she is not inclined to go you must pick her up and carry her.. I think she needs obedience school.

Actually, that sounds like our basset. Although I think Lou knows now what he ought to do, he just chooses not to do it. We'd read that bassets were stubborn buggers before we got him, but our doubts were overcome by his cute ears. What were we thinking?

He's a basset hound? what's the difference in a basset and a beagle? now you have me wondering if I have a beagle or a basset:eek:

ROFL!

One easy way to tell. Grab your dog by the ears and pull them forward along the nose. If the ears can be touched together in front of the tip of the dog's nose it's a Basset, if they don't reach it's a Beagle.

tried it, ears come just about a 1/2 inch from the tip of her nose, she must be a beagle but I swear they look alike.

Heh heh heh, nope, my bad, that's definitely a beagle. Cute one too.

Its a weird mix, but I thought you would appreciate these pics.
$IMG_2560.JPG$IMG_2563.JPG

both jake (mixed golden) and thor (blue doberman) love the water...

Hmmm, I think it must be something to do with length of leg. Dogs with long legs are more likely to like water. Dogs with short legs tend not to.

Springers are bird dogs, and bred to go after things in the water (though primarily they're upland bird dogs, they're also used for waterfowl).

Hounds, on the other hands, are sniffers. They'll go in the water if they have to, but they aren't particularly fond of it.

both jake (mixed golden) and thor (blue doberman) love the water...

Hmmm, I think it must be something to do with length of leg. Dogs with long legs are more likely to like water. Dogs with short legs tend not to.

Springers are bird dogs, and bred to go after things in the water (though primarily they're upland bird dogs, they're also used for waterfowl).

Hounds, on the other hands, are sniffers. They'll go in the water if they have to, but they aren't particularly fond of it.

Interesting point. Seems reasonable.

This is Doobie. He is a Beagle/Lab mix

l_127c47ccc68815f011223d91b4ca94db.jpg

Doobie loves going camping on the lake.

l_692d5ecc5308407fa207141487efedbf.jpg

Doobie HATES to take a bath but he loves swimming.

l_a8786201a5fb4cd99c8623460503be90.jpg

This is Turbo the Red Eared Slider. He likes swimming too.
l_50f6659e5e8a471bb23b1c429e109690.jpg

"Hey asshole! Imma eat all of the snails in this 55 gal tank in 2 days, beyotch!"

l_cb49048a7c52417e8c2a1ab06e67e4cd.jpg

My Beagle Buddy will go in the water if he's chasing something but other than that he's totally indifferent about it.

We had a Golden Retriever many years ago that we couldn't keep out of the water. When she passed on, we had her cremated and put her ashes in the ocean. That was her place.

Forum List

Back